“DO NOT COME!! 0 out of 5 STARS!! HORRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars

Dutch Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   500 E. Main St., Palmyra, PA 17078   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Palmyra
Burlington, Vermont
“DO NOT COME!! 0 out of 5 STARS!! HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

There were blood stains on the top sheets!!! They did not even apologize. Everything was dirty and hairs found all over the sheets and bathroom. The bathroom was not clean. The owners are not polite at all. We asked for a new blanket and that took like 30 mins for them to get to us and they only had a top sheet to give. They did not pick up their leaves and there was rustling at 4 in the morning that woke us up. It sounded like pouring rain. We are calling the Dept. of Health as this place is disgusting!!! DO NOT COME!!! 0 out of 5 STARS!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

rooms were not very clean the toilet ran all night long, bed were very uncomfortable and squeaky. Got a hassle everytime i asked for clean towels (3) small towels for 4 people 2adults and 2 teens. cable tv kept going out. very poor lighting in room. wireless internet code they gave us did not work charged my daughter a $10.00 deposit for a computer cable but they did refund it upon checkout. soda machine gave out wrong sodas. pool was ok. the only good thing about this motel i the short drive to Hershey Park.

vt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Yes, it is true. This place is very bad. It looks nice outside, but...
My daughter and I were n our way back from FL. We stayed in this motel for one night. I checked the review of another website, and most of them praised this motel. We got there very late (3am). The "woman" charged me $15.00 more than she should and told me when I called earlier, but we were very tired. When we entered to the room, the window was open. it had a nasty musky/mold/cigarette odor(s) I used my cellphone to check tripadvisor's reviews. I got scared. I checked the bed and blankets for bed bugs. I couldn't find any, but I am not an expert. Next morning my daughter has 6 bugs bites in her legs and right foot. My daughter and I slept w our cloth on. I had a long jeans, and she had bermuda/short pants.

I also found something like dry food stick to the carpet. Many long black hairs in the tub. I checked the towels b4 using them, and I am glad i didn't find any dry feces like the other person, but towels were very, very use.

The "woman" is very sneaky. she is not polite, and as soon I saw her, I felt a bad vibe... Watch out.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Dutch Motel. we had a great time at Hershey Park. We checked out this morning got home only to realize that I left my phone charger plugged in the wall back at the motel room. I live in philly ....over one hundred miles away... no short trip. I called and asked if they could mail my phone charger to me ...I WOULD PAY!!!! They said they DON' T DO THAT!!!!!!. Thanks for nothing Dutch Motel....... I will let my friends and family know just how inconsiderate and unfriendly you are there..... was thinking about staying there again.......I'M NOT !!!!!!!

Jessup, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Me and my wife went here to find out the room was dirty, there was hair all over the bathroom. WE FOUND A SODA CAN UNDER THE BED SHEET!! Worst of all we were there an hour and half until we found another hotel and they would not refund our money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North East, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed for one night on July 10th. This was the 2nd time we have stayed here.The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The bed was actually pretty comfortable. Absolutely no complaints. For the price we paid ($55.00) it is a great deal.
If we return to the area we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

Just recently stayed here with my family and it was great! The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very clean and bathroom was as well. The motel was just miles away from Hershey Park. We will be back in the near future.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Dutch Motel? Share your experiences!