“Bed Bugs, Hairs in bathroom, Dirty Carpet, and weird feeling about the "woman."” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dutch Motel

You added Dutch Motel to your Saves list
Dutch Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   500 E. Main St., Palmyra, PA 17078   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
vt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Yes, it is true. This place is very bad. It looks nice outside, but...
My daughter and I were n our way back from FL. We stayed in this motel for one night. I checked the review of another website, and most of them praised this motel. We got there very late (3am). The "woman" charged me $15.00 more than she should and told me when I called earlier, but we were very tired. When we entered to the room, the window was open. it had a nasty musky/mold/cigarette odor(s) I used my cellphone to check tripadvisor's reviews. I got scared. I checked the bed and blankets for bed bugs. I couldn't find any, but I am not an expert. Next morning my daughter has 6 bugs bites in her legs and right foot. My daughter and I slept w our cloth on. I had a long jeans, and she had bermuda/short pants.

I also found something like dry food stick to the carpet. Many long black hairs in the tub. I checked the towels b4 using them, and I am glad i didn't find any dry feces like the other person, but towels were very, very use.

The "woman" is very sneaky. she is not polite, and as soon I saw her, I felt a bad vibe... Watch out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Dutch Motel. we had a great time at Hershey Park. We checked out this morning got home only to realize that I left my phone charger plugged in the wall back at the motel room. I live in philly ....over one hundred miles away... no short trip. I called and asked if they could mail my phone charger to me ...I WOULD PAY!!!! They said they DON' T DO THAT!!!!!!. Thanks for nothing Dutch Motel....... I will let my friends and family know just how inconsiderate and unfriendly you are there..... was thinking about staying there again.......I'M NOT !!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jessup, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Me and my wife went here to find out the room was dirty, there was hair all over the bathroom. WE FOUND A SODA CAN UNDER THE BED SHEET!! Worst of all we were there an hour and half until we found another hotel and they would not refund our money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North East, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed for one night on July 10th. This was the 2nd time we have stayed here.The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The bed was actually pretty comfortable. Absolutely no complaints. For the price we paid ($55.00) it is a great deal.
If we return to the area we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Just recently stayed here with my family and it was great! The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very clean and bathroom was as well. The motel was just miles away from Hershey Park. We will be back in the near future.

• Stayed May 2011
Kennewick, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

This motel was not cheap because of lack of amenities; it was absolutely disgusting! The worst was when I grabbed a “clean” towel to dry my infant, and it had CRUSTED FECES on it! There was also dried urine on the toilet, possible mold and spider webs in the bathroom corner, and a $10 charge for a broken and unsafe crib. When I went to inform the front desk attendant of my concerns, she was incredibly rude and offered no remorse! Spend the extra $20 to go somewhere else! I have stayed in cheap hotels before, but this hotel is hazardous to your health!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

As soon as arrived into the dutch motel office I waited almost 10 mins for a counter person. All of the sudden an indian woman who spoke horrible english came from the back room and began screaming at me and swearing, saying things like I was supposed to be there earlier and i was late and its too late for me to be here. Then the woman stopped and said "are you pest control" i said "no, I have a reservation", the woman offered no explanation for her ranting and didnt bother to say sorry.

Now on to the check in. She asked me how many people were staying in the room, I told her 2 adults 2 children, she then said it will be $40 dollars for the 2 extra people. I then showed her my printed confrirmation page from hotelguides.com that shows i reserved a room for 4 people, she still charged me $10 dollars per kid per night. the kids are 3 and 11. I asked why so much she pointed at a sign behind her that said $10 per extra person per night. My confrimation page showed that even if I had extra people it would only be $7 dollars per person. I reserved a room with 2 double beds duh. After reading the other reviews on this page

On to the condition to the room. Horrible, bugs all over like flies roaches and ants, spackled holes that werent painted, it stunk, we asked for extra towels and pillows and a cleaning while we were out. All we got is 2 towels that were left on the bench out side of the room, and no cleaning service we had to leave full garbage bags at the door. They also advertised a microwave and there wasnt one. The beds are rock hard and the airconditioner was like a jet engine. The worst part was it took 10 minutes to unlock the door because the lock seemed to be broken or malfunctioned, this was extremely frustrating. Also they advertised free wifi, they gave me the password but no matter how many times i tried it it didnot work, and im pretty computer savvy so it wasnt me.

This motel was pitful, poor customer service, poor everything, and I paid over $70 per night shame on me and shame on you if you read this and stay at the dutch motel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
4.5 of 5 stars 158 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey

Been to Dutch Motel? Share your experiences!