“Had to give it a 5” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia area
“Had to give it a 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed for the weekend in Hershey in the Country Cottage room. Let me start by saying I am a difficult grader. I don't give out a 5 lightly. Although there are a couple things that could be improved, this might be the best B&B I have stayed at. First, let's start with Will the innkeeper. I appreciate him because he is upfront about where to go and where not to go. He has his own map which includes attractions and restaurants he recommends. The breakfast area is this delightful elongated porch with homeade cookies, biscotti, pretzels, coffees, tea, hot chocolate, etc. These were available whenever you wished. The porch area had wonderfully set tables, actual linens, and his breakfasts were high end. We had eggs benedict, fresh fruit, bacon, juice, and this fresh muffin that was to die for. The room itself is beautifully apportioned with wonderful attention to detail. There was a mini-fridge with coke and pepsi (diet and regular) and water. There are wine glasses, corkscrew, flat sceen tv with premium channels, I could go on and on. The king size bed was one of the best I have slept in. The sheets were so nice I went on-line and purchased a set. The hot tub actually was large enough for two people, and the bathroom and hot-tub area had nice towel racks. The attention to detail was second to none, and I applaud Will and whoever may have helped. We also had an in-room massage which was an excellent experience. We had 2 1-hour massages for $150, and she was wonderful. I could keep going, but go and find out for yourself.

There are a couple improvements I would make, and these are only small nitpicky ideas. First, I would upgrade the OJ if possible. Fresh-squeezed or a higher end carton work work. The only other thing are the soap/shampoo/body wash. I don't know of a salesmen went throught, but all the B&Bs seem to have these generic looking packed soaps and shampoos. There really should be higher-end toiletrees. Also, there was a cheap used bottle of Suave body-wash in the shower--that place deserves a higher-end body wash. There was a nice walk-in double-headed shower but the water pressure is bad if the other couple is using their shower in the other cottage.

Again, these are small observations. We loved this place and hope to be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1825inn, Owner at 1825 Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi jmcalabro<
Thank you for your review and for staying with us at the 1825Inn. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs. Our massage therapist, is pretty amazing. Actually I have been doing some research on quality hair care products. I just got back for a B & B convention and placed an order for some better quality toiletries, so thank you for your input. Lol, you are not the first person to fall in love with our sheets....they actually can be ordered through our gift shop.
Again, thank you so much for your positive feedback jmcalabro and glad you enjoyed your stay...please come again.
Will

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Airville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We received tickets to see Jeff Dunham at the Giant Center for Christmas.Since the show was close to my wife`s birthday I decided to do something different and stay at a B&B.The 1825 Inn was an excellent choice.We received a warm and friendly greeting when we arrived.We stayed in the Country Cottage that is located behind the main inn.It was very nice, spacious, and cozy all at the same time.We had all the comfort of a hotel but with more privacy.Breakfast was delicious and worth waiting for.My wife and I are both early risers but breakfast is not served until 9:00 am.(worth waiting for!).If we are in the area again I would not hesitate to stay there again.Sam

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Palmyra turns out to be a perfect halfway meeting spot for our family to gather, halfway between State College and Philly. And the 1825 Inn is like a home away from home (only better!). Meticulously clean, the hospitality could not be more gracious with accommodation for our every need.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Red Lion, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is the place you want to be with your loved one. We stayed in the Hershey Sweet in back of the Inn. Absolutely wonderful! Only a few steps from the main house, but so private. Beautiful decks with sitting area's, quiet, quaint, and still luxurious. Will has done such amazing things to this B&B. The breakfast room is beautiful, and his cooking, well, WOW! He has thought about almost everything you need to enjoy your stay. Wine glasses and opener, soda's and water in the room, bathrobes, candles for the jetted tub. He even turns down your bed sheets and leaves a Hershey chocolate bar on your pillow! What can I say, but "Thank you so much for your warm hospitality Will!
PS - Five minutes to Hershey Park and 10 minutes to Hollywood Casino.

Room Tip: I loved the Hershey Sweet for the privacy, upscale motif, and jetted tub!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a great find. We frequent B&B's often and this is right up there with the best of them. Clean, charming, affordable, comfortable and friendly. Would highly recommend it and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I will keep this review simple. Please read the other numerous reviews about the amazing accommodations, decor, second-to-none breakfast, location, and value. Every positive word you read is true as I can now personally vouch for the other stellar reviews. However, I want to make one point clear: what makes the 1825 Inn a must destination for the area is the owner Will. He is sincere, thorough, hard-working, knowledgable, personable, available, flexible, and one of the most genuine people you will ever meet. I felt like I could have sat in the breakfast area and talked to him all day (not that it would have been fair to the other patrons). His attention to detail is impeccable and I still cannot believe he picked up cooking later in life (one look and one bite into our first breakfast feast and you will understand what I mean). Do yourself a favor and stop researching your B&B choices (or hotels for that matter as 1825 is a much better deal). And, if extra privacy is your desire, the Hershey room or Country Cottage are the perfect choice and well worth the extra money. Thank you will from two very happy customers that you will see again soon (and your willingness to rid my car of the 5 inches of snow was over and above... Thank you).
Greg and Kristine

• Stayed December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm a long time frequenter of B&Bs and this one rates with the best. The beds are so comfortable, you'll sleep like a dream in this quiet, small inn. Breakfast is delicious and hearty - served on an enclosed porch that provides a sense of spaciousness rarely found in a B&B. The proprietor is warm and friendly and makes the extra effort to ensure your stay pleasant. We had such a wonderful experience, that we've returned every time we've needed a place to stay in the Hershey area.

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room here. Check them out on the web and take your pick!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to 1825 Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!