“CLOSE TO HERSHEY PARK” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Palmyra
Bayside, New York
“CLOSE TO HERSHEY PARK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This motel was very nice and owners were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Hershey park was easy to get to and no more than 10 min away with only 2 turns. Room was for me and my 4 year old daughter with everything we needed. No musty motel smell and kept up well. Pool was great, very clean and not crowded. Parking right in front of room made it very easy. All major routes close by. I came from Queens NY and made it in a little over 3 hrs, easy trip. Would stay here again. Felt very safe with my daughter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
dev33
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night while we visited Hershey. Only about a 15 minute drive to Hershey. Check in/out was quick and easy (we had booked online). Front desk employees were very friendly. Room was clean upon arrival. Small fridge worked well. We didn't use the microwave but was good to have. Bathroom was on the small side and could use some upgrading but it was clean! Towels were the standard scratchy white towels but they served their purpose. Air conditioning worked very well, we were actually cold overnight. Beds were firm but comfortable. The continental breakfast was in the small main office, no chairs or tables. There was cereal, juice and some packaged "sweets". Not sure what else was available to eat as we ate elsewhere. Coffee machine made good coffee though! We didn't use the pool or tennis courts but both looked fine. Area was pretty quiet. Would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The rooms are clean and have everything you would need for the night. A little out of the way, but easy enough to get to. Check in and out was quick and easy. I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palmyra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Superior and Excellant!!!! I have nothing to complain about. I live in the apartment and its AWESOME!!!! The manager and staff are extremely helpful. They are always available if i need something day or night. I consider them a part of my family. I help them as much as possible and would do anything to help them out. In my book, they are a 20 plus. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The reviews on here are correct and we were not disappointed. The room was large, clean, quiet, and a great price.It was close to attractions, restaurants, and was easy to find on the main road.The people at the front desk were very friendly and gave great suggestions for restaurants and other things to do in the area.I was impressed that the rooms had a refrigerator & microwave.
Our stay was wonderful and we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I attended a conference at the nearby Lebanon Valley College, and I spent two nights here.
I'm not terribly picky. I just want clean, comfortable, and quiet. Nothing fancy. Well, not only was this not fancy, it was not even adequate. I had to kill several bugs, including a HUGE spider that was crawling over the bedsheets my second night there. They must've gotten in through the door, because there was a huge space between the door and the doorframe, letting bugs, light, and sound into the room.
The tiny, scratchy bath towels stunk terribly - they smelled like they had been put away damp and left in some box in a basement for 5 years. I didn't even want to rub their stank on my body.
I was attending a conference, so I had hoped to iron a shirt. No luck. There was no iron or ironing board.
The water pressure and temperature fluctuated wildly. One moment it would be hot and strong, the next it would be freezing cold, then it would warm back up and slow down to a trickle. Absolutely horrible shower.
Oh, and the second day they deactivated my key cards, so I had to go get them re-activated. Not a big deal, but just another slight annoyance when you have armfuls of stuff you're trying to take into your room.
If this place was $50/night, I MIGHT think it was worth it. With nasty towels, big bugs, terrible shower, no ironing board - it's DEFINITELY not worth the price they charge.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the west side of the building, if you must stay. You'll have screaming people...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

WOW. You get what you pay for with this one. Yes, the price is great, but the housekeeping staff walked right into our room TWICE and argued with me when I confronted the woman in the office. My husband gave a member of the staff a tip to bring some soap (since there was none in the room) and he never came back. Expect to go to the office any time you need something- poor service for sure.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!