“a perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Palmyra
lakewood
“a perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

this place was just great! for starters, they let us check in at 11- we got there early by accident (11 is check out, 3 is check in), and the manager was completely courteous and said no problem, lets just make sure the room is ready. that alone would be 5 star- ive never had somewhere let me check in so early, and with such a kind attitude! the room itself was immaculate, and looked exactly like the room pictured- a very pleasant surprise! basic, yes, but very comfortable. there was a large tv, good sized fridge, alarm clock, phone, air conditioning, everything you need. turn down service each day, with fresh towels and things. the bed was super comfortable as well. i don't understand some of the bad reviews about being rudely told to leave by check out time- we didn't hear a thing from management/housekeeping, even though we stayed right up til 10:45. it was a peaceful, comfortable stay, and only a few minutes from all of the Hershey attractions. we didn't take advantage of the pool or breakfast, but could see the pool from our room, and it appeared very well maintained. the only thing i would like to see is bigger towels for the shower, but that's sort of a usual thing anywhere you go, so we bring our own. if you're looking to stay somewhere cheap and close to Hershey, i would definitely recommend. the staff were so accommodating and friendly, and the value cant be beat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My rating is for customer service.

We reserved 1 night but an emergency prevented us from being able to make the trip. When I called the 800# I was told I would still be charged because I was not cancelling within their guidelines of 2 days notice. I was very distressed over this and asked how I could plead my case. I was directed to the Palmyra Best Value website.

When the emergency passed several days later I sent an email to the manager of this motel and was told without a doubt he would refund my money he asked me to call him directly, which I did. Mr Patel was VERY sorry and VERY sympathetic to our situation telling me he completely understood and my refund would be credited back in full. Thank you Sir.

When we do get to the Hershey area again, we will absolutely stay at this locale. Customer Service is as important as the room itself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my 2nd time in Hershey (first time with kids). My first trip I stayed in different establishments that I did not want to return to (dirty!) The Americas Best Value Inn is immaculate! I chose it based on the good reviews and was not disappointed. I also read the bad reviews and do not understand them. The staff was very friendly, and my husband and son had a great time swimming in Very Large & Clean Outdoor Pool.....I have to assume that some people are just never satisfied. I have done my share of traveling (hotels and motels) and this is probably the cleanest place I have ever stayed in. We will definitely stay at The Americas Best Value Inn on our future visits to Hershey. Thank you Americas Best Value Inn for a wonderful stay!

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights last week and enjoyed our stay except for a couple of little things. First of all, there was an awful smell in the room. I'm not sure if it was a cigarette smell, but not quite. The other people in my party didn't smell it, but I smelled it every time I walked in the room. Another thing I wasn't crazy about was that there are chairs outside where people congregate and smoke, and the smell really comes into the room. They also sit there and talk, which is annoying when you have kids that are trying to sleep. When trying to use the shower, the hot and cold kept fluctuating, and it made a very loud squealing noise that woke everybody up when my husband was taking a shower. The room could really use more lighting, the room was too dim and I had trouble finding things in my suitcase. The rooms are more expensive than they used to be. When we left Hershey and went to Bird-In-Hand, we stayed in a much nicer hotel for almost the same money, but I guess everything is expensive near Hershey Park.

Besides that, the rooms, while a little dated looking, are clean, the A/C works well. It's very convenient to Hershey Park, and they have a nice little continental breakfast every morning. Thw owners are nice and accomodated us even though they were pretty booked. They have an outdoor pool, but I can't comment because we didn't use it.

If you want a clean, inexpensive motel near Hershey, this is a good pick.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

A lovely motel minutes from gorgeous Hershey PA....very very clean and organized...nothing fancy but well worth it. Not to be missed if you are going to visit Hershey...thanks so much...lovely owner and family...only complaint...fluctuating water temperature while showering...who cares...thanks again!!!!!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'm very confused by the preponderance of glowing reviews here. My fiancee and I had a terrible time at this motel. For starters, the light in our room let off this dim, creepy glow while it was heating up, and the staff's idea of a "wakeup call" is to send someone to bang loudly on the door at 7:30 in the morning and yell at us to check out by 11. But the nastiest thing was when my fiancee turned on the shower and was accosted by a flying blob of mysterious orange-ish goop.

I'm not a picky person, and I'm almost always willing to put up with inconvenience if the price is right. But I draw the line at unknown scummy substances coming out of the shower. There are much more tolerable budget motels in the area for about the same price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We chose to stay at Americas best value inn located just minutes from Hershey Park to rest after being at the park all day. We were heading to Canada/Niagra Falls the next day and needed something clean and near the park. After being overwhelmed with the crowds at the park, it was nice to have a short drive away from the crowds and just relax in small town and use the pool. Our kids, 8 &10 loved the pool (only ones in it) and after a pizza near by, we had a comfortable nights rest. In the morning they offer light breakfast in the office area, although there was no place to sit and enjoy our pastries and cereal...we took them back to our room. The rooms are dated and bathrooms small (and clean). It was nice to get away from the masses and have a personal experience at ABVI in Palmayra, Pa. We'll certainly include this as stop over when heading North again. The front staff (owner?) was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!