“Cheap motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Springfield, MA
“Cheap motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

I searched the internet for a low cost motel in the Hershey area....we knew we would be at the park most of the time, so the room/hotel wasn't a big concern. (we insist on a pool for the kids and hope for mico and refrigerators, which they had.) I couldn't find a review for the Red Carpet Inn, Palmyra, PA....but the price and location were great. We spent $68 a night with our AAA discount. When we arrived the desk clerk was kind and friendly. When arrived in our room things became interesting! It's a motel for $68 a night, so we weren't expecting much. Upon entering the room there were other guests.....flies! We killed off at least 20....one my 6 year old nailed with his bare hand. Now we had dead flies all over the room. Then on the counter in the bathroom and on the tv dresser table thing there were ants. I thought, okay, I'll be a good sport....up until the ants were on my luggage! So my husband went to the desk and they nicely offered us another room. It was a hassle, but we really needed to switch rooms. ( the next day another family was in that room and I told them about our problem and they said the room was very clean and bug free.) Our new room was bug free....the carpets weren't red...lol....and they were very stained. The curtains in the bathroom were from the 60's with the gold, green and orange trim on a nasty off white background.....but hey, not bad for $68 a night. A few things we really liked.....the staff was very nice, the refrigerator and microwave in the room was very convenient, the pool was enjoyable and it was only 4 miles from Hershey Park. There was breakfast in the lobby....milk, juice, coffee, tea, mini donuts, cereals and bagels. Nothing fancy, but nice to have. Overall, if I was to travel to the area again I'm not sure we would stay here again, but I can't say that we wouldn't stay here again. Like I said, not aweful for $68 bucks a night.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey

Address: 977 East Main Street, Palmyra, PA 17078
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Palmyra
Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Carpet Inn And Suites - Hershey
Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey Hotel Palmyra
Red Carpet Inn Palmyra
Palmyra Red Carpet Inn

If you own or manage Red Carpet Inn & Suites - Hershey, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.