“Great Little Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Palmyra
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Local family owned restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and catering. Features hand ground burgers and specialty hot dogs topped with fresh made toppings. Breakfast is made fresh from scratch including pancakes with great topping choices. All soups are scratch made fresh daily.
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Great Little Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We ate here twice in February. Once for lunch and once for breakfast. Both times my family and I were very happy with our meals. The place is decorated with sports memorabilia and is fairly small inside. Nothing fancy, but for a diner, it is nice. For lunch I got the "illegal contact" burger, that had various peppers, pepper jack cheese and topped with an egg. It was awesome. For breakfast I tried their honkey eggs. The serving was huge and the eggs were very tasty. We will be going back again.

• Visited February 2013

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“First time- highly impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We decided to stop in after church on a recommendation from a friend. As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted and told about the specials. Can't miss it though- the specials are written on a huge blackboard in the front! The place was quiet when we arrived at 11:30 but by the time we left at 12:30 it was packed. Only about 10 tables. So many choices on the menu, but we finally decided on a burger and the Philly cheesteak. My husbands burger was the special of the day and it had ham slices, an egg, pickles, saurkraut and russian dressing. He said it was divine. I had the philly cheesteak and it was delish! We both had the fries and they were super too. I got the garlic parm ones- highly recommend. We will definelty be back again to try breakfast!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Mouthwatering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I travel the country with the military and this place is one of the best places I have been. Very friendly atmosphere and the food is some of the best that I have ever eaten also the service is above average. A must stop the only downside is that they don't have a dinner service (they close at 14:00).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Best Burger Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you want an incredible gormet burger and fresh cut fries, you MUST visit this place! This was seriously the best burger I've ever had. The portions are huge and tasty. So many choices too. The place is small and doesn't look like much from the outside but the service is amazing and friendly and the food is wonderful. It's a must stop for lunch (or dinner) if you are in the Hershey area.

• Visited September 2012
Centreville, Virginia
“Quirky little spot with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited Top That! on a Sunday morning based on the good rating here (and, honestly, because so many other well-reviewed places aren't open on Sundays). The building itself is not that interesting and the sign is only visible from one direction (actually had to drive around the block a couple times to get to it) and the interior isn't much better (about 11 tables with run down carpet and clear views into the kitchen and prep areas). My husband and I didn't mind this much, but our daughter (age 9) was not impressed and wanted to leave. Luckily, we convinced her to stay because the food was quite good. We had an omelette with home fries, sausage and egg sandwich, and their special wedding cake pancakes. The omelette was fine (though I would order it with cheese next time -- it was too dry and a bit tasteless otherwise) and my husband enjoyed his sandwich. The home fries were thick slices of fresh potatoes -- very good. And, surprisingly, the wedding cake pancakes were fabulous! They had a bit of cake taste, but were still light and fluffy. All three of us ended up eating some of these (the serving was enormous! Three pancakes the size of a plate). The staff was very responsive and friendly and the owner was there, checking on everyone as well as helping out the cooks and servers as they needed it.

Special note: Because it is small, it fills up quickly and there isn't anywhere to wait except in the doorway or on the sidewalk in front of the building. We got there a little after 8:30am and had no problem finding a seat. 20 minutes later, though, it was packed and people were waiting at the door (or choosing not to wait and going elsewhere). Try to time it well so you can beat the crowd!

• Visited September 2012