“Golf and Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Nottingham, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Golf and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have only been golfing for a few years now, but my husband is a member of Wyncote. Course is awesome and the pub is amazing been going to the pub for over 10 yrs and never had a bad experience.

Visited June 2014

Oxford, PA
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A good place for special occasion or a quick lunch. Menu is eclectic and offers some healthy choices. The beer is the coldest in town and selections change with the seasons. The wait staff is friendly and helpful though the kitchen tends to be slow. Nice outdoor seating overlooking the golf course makes for a pleasant change in good weather.

Visited May 2014
Oxford, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
“Great Tavern Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

When we moved to this area we discovered the Ball and Thistle restaurant at the Wyncote Golf Club. Good tavern food and friendly service.

Visited October 2013
Philly area
5 attraction reviews
“The Ball & Thistle restaurant at Wyncote is great, and the golf course is beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We live a mile away, and we love to bring friends here. The food is the best in Oxford, and the staff are friendly and efficient. The bartender alone is a reason to come. Live music and a relaxed atmosphere complete the picture. A definite must of you are in the area. I've also had the Sunday brunch @ Wyncote... it's good, but the restaurant menu is far better. We aren't golfers, but those that do love the course and liken it to courses in Scotland.

Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Good course, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I drove up from Raleigh to meet some friends in Philly for a few rounds of golf. I normally do not like links style courses but Wyncote received good reviews so I thought I'd try it. The valet lost our car momentarily so we were running late. I called & the pro shop was very accommodating & was able to get us out very quickly once we arrived. The course was in good shape but it definitely punishes you if you hit in the rough. The tall fescue and various grasses make it nearly impossible (my 2 friends prob lost a dozen balls between them that at least 1/2 we shouldn't have). I do have 1 major complaint. The carts have no sand on them to repair your divots and the course had a ton of unrepaired marks. How can you run a course like that? I still don't like links courses but the layout was nice & I enjoyed myself. I'm a 13 handicap & ended up shooting a 79 so I was happy. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

Steve