Having read some bad reviews of this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room had a beautiful river view, overlooking parkland. The price was possibly higher than warranted, but I could not fault the room--large, clean, with comfortable beds and furnishing. The bathroom was equipped with excellent bars fto assist the disabled in the bath, though the one by the toilet was unstable and possibly dangerous if needed for full support. Dinner and service in the restaurant were outstanding, and continental breakfast very good, with good choice, including waffles. Whatever we requested--extra pillows, towels, etc., we received willingly.There is obviously an upgrade going on, but disturbance minimal and result good. As a disabled visitor, I found the sets of double doors, with no automatic openers, very difficult, even though I had someone with me. The owner was not helpful in this regard, although he was usually sitting at the desk; he appeared oblivious to our plight. A wheelchair traveller on his own could not manage in the hotel as it is. All in all, I would recommend this hotel as a good experience. The owners are obviously determined to improve and upgrade. Well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, conveniently located on the banks of the Allegheny River in historic downtown Oil City, PA. Whether you are in the area for business, pleasure or scheduling an event or conference in one of our meeting rooms or ballroom, we invite you to come and experience the warmth and hospitality of our newly remodeled hotel. We offer amenities such as free continental breakfast, featuring hot and cold items, microwaves, refrigerators, and automatic free Wi-Fi in all public areas and guest rooms, to ensure you have everything you need for a convenient stay. Take advantage of our seasonal outdoor pool overlooking the Allegheny River, or blow off some steam in our on-site fitness center. Guests also have free access to the local YMCA. A variety of restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel and our staff can help you with information about local events, shopping, museums, historic buildings or the resident Artist Studios. Oil City is a recognized "Trail Town" and our hotel caters to bikers and cyclists. It is conveniently located just 2 miles from the head of the Samuel Justus Bike Trail where you can walk, bike, cross country ski or snowshoe. However you choose to spend your time, we look forward to having you at our Oil City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Oil City Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites Oil City
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Oil City Hotel Oil City