“A tired old motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Oil City Conference Center

You added Days Inn Oil City Conference Center to your Saves list
Days Inn Oil City Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Seneca Street, Oil City, PA 16301 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Oil City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oil City
Grand Forks
“A tired old motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very tired old motel waiting for a wrecking ball. The room was clean and bed ok, but the windows were filthy. The gal at check in didnt know how to find our reservation, etc. The continental breakfast offered was a box of small donuts. We elected to go to McDonalds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Daysinnoilcity, Webmaster at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Oil City Conference Center for your recent stay in our area.

• I am glad that you find our hotel room clean and bed fine. Housekeeping staff received our commendation.

• Check Inn girl received additional training in how to deal with registration problems.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stilwell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I travel and basically live on the road. I have stayed twice at this Hotel. First time for 29 days, once the second time. The owner Bob was very nice and accommodating the first day I walked in. I needed an extra table and chair in my room for my work, they delivered within the hour at no extra charge! The beds are so comfortable and all new! Haven't slept that good in a while!!
The Hotel staff are very professional and happy to help in what ever your needs are! Wish I could have that type of environment and stay everywhere! They also have a lounge with a full bar and a very good menu. I liked the Whisky Burgers! It's always a relief when I get sent to work in that area!! Thanks again Bob
D Hall traveling Engineer

Room Tip: I like the third floor inside. Very quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stay in Oil City every two or three years. This year we were delighted with the changes in this hotel. Our room had been redone and upgraded. It was clean and fresh.
The staff has always been pleasant and helpful. We were happy to find this was still the case.
The price is right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oil City, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed here I do believe four times and the first time i waited 15 min at the front desk just for a clerk to arrive to check me and my boyfriend into the hotel. I even called with the phone and the desk and nothing. My Boyfriend Actually had to walk through the hotel to find A clerk. Also At check in the staff was not friendly the lady actually acted like we were a bother to her. I was never told about internet access or the ammenties in the hotel therfor we had to find these things out on our own. When we got to our room on the second stay there were a pair of underwear in the closet. We asked to be changed to a different room and that seemed like a bother to them as well. We asked for a non smoking room and the room smelled like smoke. The breakfast options were very limited. Also At check out the clerk was not very friendly at all. I do believe what they charge for a room is to high considering the quality of the room and the service you recieve. We Now stay at the Holiday Inn Express and refuse to ever go back to the days inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the Smoke smell you reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its elimination.

Hotel Manager.
Monsey, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We've come with our family for quite a few years now, and we love it every time! The rooms are clean and comfortable, and Bob and his staff are always so courteous and helpful with whatever we need. We especially love the pool, perfectly situated in the sunniest spot of the property. Our rooms overlook the scenic Allegheny River and a nice grassy park that hosts great family sports games. Our vacation at this hotel is a family highlight every summer. Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the riverfront have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Oil City Conference Center? Share your experiences!