“Don't Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Oil City Conference Center

You added Days Inn Oil City Conference Center to your Saves list
Days Inn Oil City Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Seneca Street, Oil City, PA 16301 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Oil City)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oil City
“Don't Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

To start, my mother reserved this hotel strictly because their website said that they allowed pets. Also, on the paper we received when we checked in, also stated things about pets at the bottom. Too bad their sign said no pets were allowed whatsoever. The manager let us take our 3 week old kitten anyways, because that was definitely false advertising. However, this was after we approached the woman at the counter to ask about taking off the cost of one person so that my mother could take the kitten to our grandmother's house. The woman said, "No, because on our website it clearly states that no pets are allowed." So, of course, we said, "Uhm, no, it doesn't. It actually says that pets are allowed." and we showed her the website screen on my phone. She said it should have been fixed, and called the manager, who called back later on to approve the situation. So, that's how that played out, which is okay, but was still frustrating. When we entered our room, it smelled of smoke extremely bad and there was definitely a tobacco scent coming through the vent in the bathroom. We are not smokers. We don't need to smell it in our NON-SMOKING ROOM. The room was dirty. The carpets look like they haven't been vacuumed in ages. They could have also steam cleaned the carpet to get the nasty goop off of the floor. The lamps were extremely dusty. There was a wet ring of something in the drawer of the nightstand between the beds. The granite, or imitation granite, in the bathroom shower was incredibly disgusting. It looked like it was coated in dirt. We had four people in our room and there weren't enough towels for all of us. The lighting is horrible. The coffee pot was definitely dirty. One of the comforters had at least one cigarette burn hole in it. The "leather" furniture that was supposedly brand new (and also supposedly why they no longer allow pets), was torn when we entered the room. The "clean remote" was dirty. There were no extra garbage bags in the room. Our room did not have a microwave like it was supposed to. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, and there were only three pillows on each of the two beds. The pillows were only soft; none of them were firm. The air ventilation system was terrible. The temperature was fine and all of the sudden it started blowing out hot air. It felt like a sauna. We could not shut it off; it wouldn't let us. The room service moved the tip envelope out, as if we were going to tip them for pretty much doing nothing. They maybe made the beds, gave us two towels (again, not enough), and one roll of toilet paper. It was definitely not dusted or vacuumed at all in the room. She/he also left the bathroom and sink lights on. The breakfast area is small and hard to get around in when many people are in there. Overall, the experience was horrible. We will never stay here again. Maybe the employees who read these should focus on bad reviews, such as this, to help improve the stay of future clients; instead of ignoring them. If they were so worried about pets not being there, they should have checked every possible place of where "Pets Allowed" had been posted to check for the change. They didn't, it is not the responsibility of the client to look at every website to find out the rules. On their actual website, which Facebook links to (www.oilcityhotel.com), it says under 'Accommodations' that pets are, indeed, allowed. They finally changed this nearly a week after we were there. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel in Oil City, PA were sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding our pet policy. We were in the process of changing all websites to reflect the new "No Pet" policy. We are glad we were able to resolve that situation for you.
As for the cleaniless of the room, you never indicated there was a problem in that area. Our coffeemakers do not have pots, but are one-cup coffeemakers, with self contained trays of coffee that drip into a cup. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly each day, unless there is a "do not disturb" sign left on the door. Some rooms are not equipped with microwaves, but we would have been glad to provide one if you had let us know it was missing. The granite countertops and showers in the bathrooms are brand new, less than three months old.
As for the smoky smell in the room, it could very well have been coming through the vent in the bathroom. We deeply apologize for the inconvienence. Had we known it was a problem, we would have moved you to another room.
You were here for four nights and never reported any of these problems about the room to the front desk. If it was so terrible, we must wonder why you never mentioned it.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Barberton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Myself and 5 others just stayed here for one night for a biking trip to Oil City. First off, for the price,( $77 with tax) you can't get a better room. It is an older hotel but they have done decently with remodeling. The rooms are updated with newer furniture, bathrooms, etc... My room was very clean, you could tell the linens and towels had been freshly laundered. The door to the room was a bit hard to shut, but you just had to put some muscle to it. This part of the hotel (the doors, and exterior) is a bit outdated but still nice. My room was on the back looking at the river, nice view but cold walking out of it in the morning!;-) The staff was very kind to us, suggesting they had laundry facilities to dry off our wet clothes, and also suggesting where to eat. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a good price and a nice room. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We, at America's Bets Value Inn-Arlington Hotel in OIl City, PA, would like to thank you for the wonderful review you left for us on Trip Advisor. We strive to keep our rooms clean and everything in working order. It is nice to see that our efforts are appeciated. As for the bike trails, we hope that the next time you decide to experience the area again that you will spent your time here with us. We really enjoyed having you!
Fredonia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had never been to Oil City before and didn't have very many choices of available rooms in the area, because our stay was during the Apple Fest in Franklin. I was very pleasanly suprised by this hotel. The room was clean. It had been recently remodelled and they did a good job with it. The staff was very nice and offered to help with anything when we checked in. The breakfast was also very decent. Run of the mill continental, but done well. My daughter loved it, as they have a belgium waffle maker! Bet it is vey nice in the summer because of the pool, river view and playground. I would recommend to anyone travelling to this area of PA. If I find myself there again, will probably stay here :)

Room Tip: The river side is nicer than the parking lot side, duh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, Pa, would like to thank you for the review you left for us on Trip Advisor recently. Its always nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your stay during Apple Fest weekend and we look forward to seeing you next year. If you get the chance to visit in the summer, you will love being able to walk down to the river from our backyard.
Thanks again,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in room 328. It was just the right level of kitsch and class!

Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk attendant was very helpful and personable, and the experience was repeated for each change of shift over our 21 hour stay.

The room was clean, and the view was really beautiful outside of the room. Going in October, the weather was brisk and the trees were beautiful, but in the summer, I'll bet it's nice to sit outside and enjoy the river views.

When we pulled up, it looked like a typical hotel, but when you're inside, and you see the back of the property, you see how lovely everything truly is. And the staff were very friendly.

We will celebrate our love for years to come at the Arlington Hotel (America's Best Inn and Suites).

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite. Do it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, Pa, would like to thank you for your wonderful review . The heart shaped jacuzzi room is my personal favorite as well! It was nice to hear that our attempts at friendliness and hotel upkeep did not go unnoticed! We hope to see you in the summer so you can enjoy the river and the park behind the hotel.
Richmond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel and with an America's Best Value Inn. It was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. The minor stuff was the filthiness of the room, the fact that we had two remotes and neither worked and once we got a different one it would time out and have to be reprogrammed every 5 minutes, the fact that the hairdryer mounted on the wall would blow the fuse after 90 seconds of use, and that the door would only stay shut about 50% of the time. The biggest issue was that I booked the reservation over the phone and asked for two rooms with two beds. We had 8 people traveling with us and once we got to the hotel we were told that we would have to pay an extra $40 for the 4 extra people. This extra fee was never communicated to me when I booked the room and it was never asked how many people I would be traveling with. When the desk clerk (who I think was also the owner) claimed she asked me and that she asks everyone, I informed her that she did not ask me and must have me confused with another patron, at that point she called me a liar and proceeded to speak in a foreign language about me to the gentleman behind the desk in front of my face. I have never had such a negative experience or been treated so poorly at a hotel in my life and I travel 2 to 3 times a month. The worst part is if I had been told up front about the extra fee I would have paid it gladly but to have it sprung on me once I was already checked in is dishonest and sketchy. I will never stay where again and advise anyone to avoid this hotel at all cost.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We, at America's Best Value Inn-The Arlington Hotel in Oil City, PA, were sorry to hear that you felt taken advantage of here at our establishment. We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable during their stay with us. We do charge $10 per extra person in the room. That policy has been in effect for a number of years and is also clearly stated on our website. When we make reservations, we always ask about the number of persons expected to stay in the room, so we feel certain that you were asked that question. Also, we gave you the special rate of $69 for the room when the regular rate in $89. When you reported that your remote wasn't working, our front desk clerk immediately brought you a new remote and programmed it for you. As for the cleanliness of the room, neither you nor your guests made mention that the room was unsatisfactory or we would have attempted to rectify the situation.
Again, we are sorry that you were unhappy with the service that you received at our hotel, as we would like to keep you as a customer.

Travelers are raving about these Oil City hotels

Burlington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

After the passing of my mother, I tried to check in at the Arlington at 6:30AM. The desk clerk ( I believe the owner) told me I would be charged for two nights. One night being from 6:30AM to 3:00PM, the other from 3:00PM to the next day at 11:00 AM, I tried to explain the situation, my mother just passed and I was from out of town and needed a room for my family members to get rest while I made arrangements and was told " I don't care". Any person who is that cold hearted and frankly rude does not deserve to be in business, I encourage all who reads this to consider different places to stay, The Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry went above the call of duty to meet all my needs that morning, they were very considerate to my family and recommended the Quality Inn in Franklin PA for the families that traveled from out of town for the services. For the Arlingtons rudeness and thier lack of compassion toward a family in great distress they lost my business and the business from my family. I do hope this was an isolated incident and it wont happen again, but I'm afraid it will.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry or Quality Inn in Franklin
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We, at America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, would like to apologize for any additional grief you feel your family suffered when checking into our hotel. We followed strict hotel policy of charging for two nights when guests will be staying for a day and a half of a day. You attempted to check in before 6am which constituates an additional day. I do not believe any of my employees were rude and stated "I don't care." We try to make our guest comfortable and satsified when they are staying at our hotel. Again, we apologize if you were offended, but we couldn't make exceptions on the price for you.
Williamsville, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Arlington while visiting family in Oil City, this past week. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the accommodations were. The staff was cordial. The building is neat and clean and the room was neat clean and well maintained. We had a nice selection of free breakfast options and also a nice buffet lunch for our whole group. I would recommend this establishment to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
oilcity, General Manager at Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at our hotel, America's Best Value Inn-Arlington Hotel, in Oil City, PA. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied guest. We hope we made your visit with your family a more comfortable and enjoyable time. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Been to Days Inn Oil City Conference Center? Share your experiences!