To start, my mother reserved this hotel strictly because their website said that they allowed pets. Also, on the paper we received when we checked in, also stated things about pets at the bottom. Too bad their sign said no pets were allowed whatsoever. The manager let us take our 3 week old kitten anyways, because that was definitely false advertising. However, this was after we approached the woman at the counter to ask about taking off the cost of one person so that my mother could take the kitten to our grandmother's house. The woman said, "No, because on our website it clearly states that no pets are allowed." So, of course, we said, "Uhm, no, it doesn't. It actually says that pets are allowed." and we showed her the website screen on my phone. She said it should have been fixed, and called the manager, who called back later on to approve the situation. So, that's how that played out, which is okay, but was still frustrating. When we entered our room, it smelled of smoke extremely bad and there was definitely a tobacco scent coming through the vent in the bathroom. We are not smokers. We don't need to smell it in our NON-SMOKING ROOM. The room was dirty. The carpets look like they haven't been vacuumed in ages. They could have also steam cleaned the carpet to get the nasty goop off of the floor. The lamps were extremely dusty. There was a wet ring of something in the drawer of the nightstand between the beds. The granite, or imitation granite, in the bathroom shower was incredibly disgusting. It looked like it was coated in dirt. We had four people in our room and there weren't enough towels for all of us. The lighting is horrible. The coffee pot was definitely dirty. One of the comforters had at least one cigarette burn hole in it. The "leather" furniture that was supposedly brand new (and also supposedly why they no longer allow pets), was torn when we entered the room. The "clean remote" was dirty. There were no extra garbage bags in the room. Our room did not have a microwave like it was supposed to. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, and there were only three pillows on each of the two beds. The pillows were only soft; none of them were firm. The air ventilation system was terrible. The temperature was fine and all of the sudden it started blowing out hot air. It felt like a sauna. We could not shut it off; it wouldn't let us. The room service moved the tip envelope out, as if we were going to tip them for pretty much doing nothing. They maybe made the beds, gave us two towels (again, not enough), and one roll of toilet paper. It was definitely not dusted or vacuumed at all in the room. She/he also left the bathroom and sink lights on. The breakfast area is small and hard to get around in when many people are in there. Overall, the experience was horrible. We will never stay here again. Maybe the employees who read these should focus on bad reviews, such as this, to help improve the stay of future clients; instead of ignoring them. If they were so worried about pets not being there, they should have checked every possible place of where "Pets Allowed" had been posted to check for the change. They didn't, it is not the responsibility of the client to look at every website to find out the rules. On their actual website, which Facebook links to (www.oilcityhotel.com), it says under 'Accommodations' that pets are, indeed, allowed. They finally changed this nearly a week after we were there. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Days Inn Oil City Conference Center, conveniently located on the banks of the Allegheny River in historic downtown Oil City, PA. Whether you are in the area for business, pleasure or scheduling an event or conference in one of our meeting rooms or ballroom, we invite you to come and experience the warmth and hospitality of our newly remodeled hotel. We offer amenities such as free continental breakfast, featuring hot and cold items, microwaves, refrigerators, and automatic free Wi-Fi in all public areas and guest rooms, to ensure you have everything you need for a convenient stay. Take advantage of our seasonal outdoor pool overlooking the Allegheny River, or blow off some steam in our on-site fitness center. Guests also have free access to the local YMCA. A variety of restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel and our staff can help you with information about local events, shopping, museums, historic buildings or the resident Artist Studios. Oil City is a recognized "Trail Town" and our hotel caters to bikers and cyclists. It is conveniently located just 2 miles from the head of the Samuel Justus Bike Trail where you can walk, bike, cross country ski or snowshoe. However you choose to spend your time, we look forward to having you at our Oil City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Oil City Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites Oil City
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Oil City Hotel Oil City