“Duckies in the Lower Yough” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 6 Attractions in Ohiopyle
Type: Tours, Shopping
6 attraction reviews
“Duckies in the Lower Yough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

Having previously rafted the lower Yough we decided to do it in duckies this time... It was tremendously fun and the guides were very helpful at giving the "lines" to sort-out the class III rapids which feel like class V when you are on a ducky.

Bessemer, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Rafting Rental on Middle Yough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband and I rented a shredder for a day trip on the middle yough. We wanted something large enough to fit our cooler and fishing equipment and the shredder sufficed. It took us approximately 5 hours, but we stopped quite a bit for fishing. It was a beautiful day. I wish the water level was higher, but it was mid-July. As for Ohiopyle Trading Post, the service was very good. The driver was very friendly. No complaints. The only slight issue is that when I initially stopped in to ask for a price, I was quoted $48. I thought that was a great deal considering another outfitter quoted us $60. What I didn't know is that a $10 fee would be tacked on for shuttling us to Confluence. Not a big deal though for me.

Visited July 2011
Leesburg, VA
11 attraction reviews
“Mostly a great time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Did the lower river, advertised as Class III & IV rapids. Was fun and mostly well organized. My only complaint was they took a lot of boats out as part of the group (12 or so) plus assorted other kayaks, duckies, etc. There was a lot of time sitting after each rapid waiting for eveyone to clear. A 4 1/2 hr. trip should really have been closer to 3. I did a similiar trip with another company in the park and dont recall it taking so long. Overall, lots of fun though!

Berkeley
6 attraction reviews
“Great instruction from master teachers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

I had called other outfitters in the area for kayaking lessons and either did not get a return phone call or was told we can maybe work with you. Ohiopyle Trading Post was able to work with me on a half day lesson (because of travel time) both in terms of scheduling and my ability level.

The instructor reviewed some of the skill, which I had already learned and helped me master new ones. He was patient, knowledgible and easy going. As I former teacher and camp counselor, I know how difficult it can be to teach other skills.

I would highly recommend Ohiopyle Trading Post. In fact, I plan on going back for at least another lesson and maybe a raft/ducky trip.

MI
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Just got back from our trip and our experience was fantastic. The Ohiopyle Trading Post is professional, and the guides are superb. Their top priority is customer satisfaction and safety. Great fun for our family. Came away with great pics and an awesome DVD. Would love to do it again someday.