“Just what I needed.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport

You added Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7011 Old Steubenville Pike, US 22-30 W, Oakdale, PA 15071 (Formerly Comfort Inn Pittsburgh Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oakdale
Chicago, Illinois
“Just what I needed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

With a canceled flight on a cold winter night, I looked for a nearby Choice chain hotel with a shuttle service and a nearby restaurant. This Quality Inn was exactly what I needed. The rustic pub next door (discount for motel guests) has adequate food and plenty to drink. The staff at Quality Inn and the staff and patrons at the pub could not have been more friendly. My room was generous size and equipped as you expect. I am told that this is one of the higher rated Quality Inns. In my second story room the wooden floor was not well built and it creaked and groaned even if I tip toed, and the walls were not very sound-proof - so ask for the second floor and bring ear plugs in case you need them. Note: Google maps gives a hopelessly wrong location for this motel - use the Choice website map.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter. But, no elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here when a flight got canceled. I was not expecting much, but it was much better than I expected. Free shuttle to/from the airport (albeit shared with other hotels). Nice new lobby with friendly desk clerks. Free continental breakfast, free morning newspapers and free Wi-Fi. The room was spacious with new furnishings including flat screen TV and a microwave. Nice, if not luxurious. There is a pub next door, but not a pool or fitness room as far as I could tell.

My big complaint is that there was way too much noise. The walls were so thin that I could hear someone snoring in the next room, and clearly heard conversations of people passing by the door. Worst of all were loud sounds made by the plumbing and HVAC in the property that periodically woke me up. It really made it hard to get a good night sleep.

The friendly staff and "distressed traveler" discount rate ($75) made this a good hotel to help ride out an unpleasant travel experience, but this hotel is best used as just a place to spend the night if you need one, as it doesn't offer a lot else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

So I was scheduled to fly out of Pittsburgh tonight but my connecting flight in Baltimore got cancelled so I stayed put in Pittsburgh. I got booked on an early flight tomorrow morning but I was in quite a dilemma. Either stay at the airport or find an affordable hotel. I had gotten a discount because of bad weather and my flight situation.

The shuttle driver was very nice, funny too. I sure needed it because I was annoyed that I wouldn't be back home in Boston. Check in was easy too. There's a pub on the property but I would say pass on it. I walked over for a drink and something to eat but no one came over to me, no menu, nothing. So I left and wouldn't recommend it. Scoops is a new place across the street and they do pizza, burgers, sandwiches, ice cream, pretty much anything. The girls who work in there are friendly as could be. So if you're looking for something to eat, go there.

Also kudos to the front desk lady, she asked me what time I needed the wake up call and shuttle without me even having to ask. Next time I find myself in Pittsburgh (hopefully under better circumstances), I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We used the Park and Stay package. Staff does advance work and knew to ask us about shuttle times and even a wake up call. We took a 3:45 in the morning shuttle. No other hotel offered this early of a ride. They had breakfast ready for us at 315. This is great service. We've stayed at other airport hotels and left later but before breakfast and were just told "sorry, our breakfast isn't open that early"
Room was clean and there is a bar with food on site. (we didn't use it, with the early flight we were afraid we would not wake up)

Room Tip: ask for a first floor room if you have a lot of luggage
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel has a great staff. Very happy to help with directions and recommendations. Room was very clean. They have a laptop for guests to sign out and use and it prints to the front desk printer. I wish more hotels would do that. A lot was offered for breakfast including bacon and eggs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Probably they are the only offer long term 30 days stay , park, fly program in the pittsburg area. This is cheaper than parking at the airport. The shuttle is convenient and on time. Breakfast was decent as well. Staff were friendly and nice. We arrived at 10:00 pm night and left at 7:00 am in the morning. The short experience was pleasant. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I spent three nights here when I came "home" for a family reunion. Fifty years ago my mother and I used to drive by this motel, then called the Tonidale. We occasionally ate lunch at their restaurant. Considering its age, the owners (the original family) have done a nice job upgrading the interior and making it comfortable. Do not expect any high end decor, but the rooms and furnishings are more than acceptable, from a comfortable bed to the flat screen tv. I had room 136, with one queen bed. It is located on the ground level, facing the parking, and it was very quiet during my stay, which included a Saturday night. However, I could hear movements in the adjoining room, so there is the potential for noise annoyance. I was lucky to have one of the old sink arrangements (which are outside the bathroom), but I noticed that many rooms have new trendy pedestal sinks with no countertop. The breakfast was a typical Quality Inn buffet -- nothing special, but there were eggs and sausage available. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Getting to this motel from the parkway is a bit tricky, but once you learn the dipsy-doodle move, it is OK. In short, this Quality Inn is a good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing parking lot are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!