“kid friendly campground” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Magic Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northumberland
Splash Magic Campground
You added Splash Magic Campground to your Saves list
P O Box 330, Northumberland, PA 17857   |
Collier, Pennsylvania, United States
“kid friendly campground”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

this was the 1st time we were here and drove from Pittsburgh about (4 hrs)this a nice campground not luxurious but I think they are working on it. We camped right on the river which was nice but the spot was tight and they backed us in by tractor. TONS of things for the kids and the activity bracelet was $5 for the week and WELL worth it. For all you that haven't been there since 2012 and earlier.....give it another try. This is PERFECT for kids

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This campground is perfect for families with busy kids. The bike rentals, bumper boats, water slides, fishing, and mini golf keep children busy the whole time you're there. We have been visiting this campground every summer for 5 years. We will keep going back for the fun our kids have. We camp at a site on the lake so our boys can fish and ride bikes when they want to. Don't camp here for the luxury. Camp here for the freedom and independence you can give your kids while not worrying about their safety.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family has been coming here for 9 years. We stay for a week every summer. We have a camper. The campsites are great especially the concrete pads. The activities are great for all ages. The price of the campsites are very cheap. We camp all over and this is the least expensive place we stay at with the most activities.

Bathrooms are very clean. The staff has changed somewhat (I miss some of the old girls) but still nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Our campsite had concrete pad which was really nice. The roads are mostly paved, good for bike riding. The design of the kids pool worked well for our little one and older girls. There were lots of activities for children. The foam pit was a big hit. We haven't seen this before. Dragon wagon was fun too. Live band played poolside, outdoor movies and ceramics.

Disappointed there is an activity fee in order to use the water slides. The activity fee also includes pedal bikes, bumper boats. We stayed during a holiday, the weekend holiday fee was only a few dollars differences for all day children's pass at Knoebels! There's an additional charge if you want to use WiFi. There is an adult pool. I was surprised to see several adults in the kiddie pool drinking beer. I don't mind seeing adults enjoying a cold beer, it should been done in the adult pool.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I have been going to this campground for eight years now, several times a year. The owners BOUGHT OUT this campground, and have continued, despite repeated floods (4 in 2011 alone!) to dump millions into this campground. After the Sept. 2011 flood he rebuilt the main bathhouse, replaced apx 24 park cabins (those we the damaged ones behind the log cabins-for parts) scraped tons of debris and mud out of the pools and campground just so everyone could come back to the type of campground they have always had there! We came early June and end of June and you could not tell they had been flooded. By the way, it was deep enough to wipe out the entire office and way half way up the water slides! I have been to several "other" campgrounds that also flooded and they are no where near the caliber that Splash Majic is. In our experience, your bad attitude probably sparked his curt attitide. Twice in our experience, friends camp spots were a bit under water after a bad storm and he had a front end loader there within 15 minutes to fill it in with gravel to make the spot usable. Nice attitude, huh? You want a cookie cutter "camp" experience, go to Jellystone park, you want a good, clean campground with a lot of amenities for the family, a staff that works tirelessly to keep the place nice, an owner that puts his money BACK into the campground, and a place that will continuely get better, go to Splash Majic Campground, I know we are!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Leesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just came home from Splash Magic campground and it was a very nice family oriented clean campground. I read the reviews and I was a little apprehensive about going but chose to try it anyways. The owner was very nice to us and everyone in the camp store. So, I do not understand why people were complaining about their treatment there. The bathrooms were the cleanest I have seen in any campground. There were alot of activities. If you do not like kids, then this is not the campground for you. I think alot of the complaints are people who think they like camping and expect plush service and amenimities and really are not cut out for the camping experience. I have been to alot of campgrounds and this is up there with the cleanliness and activities. They do need security, to keep some kids in line at night but over all....a great campground!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from this campground and will not be going back. My family has been camping for 15 years and has a lot of experience. This was the first time we rented a cabin on the lake. If you are considering this beware of log # 4. The family that was there had a problem with bed bugs and had to leave. This is not the first time that cabin had issues. When they boarded up the door this past weekend, I tried to inquire as to what was going on and the staff wouldn't talk about it. It was from talking to other campers and seeing the apparatus set up to the house that we found out what had happened. The grounds behind the log cabins are a mess. Old run down trailers and garbage. There are 10 bumper boats only 3 work. The golf carts were not available, the pool was messy and smelled of chlorine and it's an outdoor. You have to buy an activity bracelet to do the activities on top of the cost to stay there. The sites are on to of each other just rows and rows of RVs. I did not see a nice camp areas for tents or pop-ups. Mostly very large RVs. No shaded tree sites. The little bike park was neat and my boys enjoyed riding over the hills. I personally did not have issues with the staff. However, I did meet people who did. If you are a seasoned camper looking for a new place to camp I would NOT recommend this one. And I heard while I was there the bike weekends are disgusting! The store was stocked with T-shirts advertising the upcoming event. Definitely not for families with little kids.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Splash Magic Campground? Share your experiences!