“great time @ splash magic camp ground deff. going back!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Magic Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northumberland
Splash Magic Campground
You added Splash Magic Campground to your Saves list
P O Box 330, Northumberland, PA 17857   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“great time @ splash magic camp ground deff. going back!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great time with great people. our first trip to splash magic was the bike rally, loved the camp ground so much were bring our daughters back in July and were booked for the Aug. 2012 rally. Met great people and made new friends. thanks splash magic for a awesome time. The Preitz family

Room Tip: we stayed in the cozy cabins and they were deff. cozy!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Bathhouse was still being rebuilt after last years flood and was not told about this at reservation. We had to drive to the bathhouse on other side of camp. Not very convient when you have a 5 year old. I would visit again if I was able to get the same site by the river.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This was our first visit and we all had a great time, even though the weather was a little chilly for our visit. The kids loved renting the bikes and doing all the activies, we were never bored. The pool was nice, although, like i said it turned chilly on us, so we had limited use. A few words of advice, if you're in the cabins, reserve a cart, they go quick and you can't get one later. My kids loved the wagon rides, especially when the mascots rode with them. The only thing i would suggest, is that they have a seperate parking area to leave your vehilcles after unloading. It was a pain to have cars driving by all the time, you can't just sit and relax with the kids because you have to worry about traffic all day. I don't see why anyone needs to drive thier car to the activities or pool.......i did try to put in a suggestion while we were there, but no one seemed interested in what we had to say......that was our only inteaction with bad management.....otherwise, they were great....the cabin was a little steep in price, didn't like the microwave so high over the stove, there was no oven, but was nice not to have to set anything up.....we would go again.....

East Liverpool, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is the kind of place where the kids can run and have fun. Lots of activities from early in the morning until late at night. Ron and the permanent crew (the adults) have always been excellent.

Over the 5 years I've been going back I've taken 6 different families with me. Our group this year will be 7 families... they all come back, because they have such a nice relaxing time.

Is it fancy, no it's not. But they make the very best out of what they have. Mini Golf, Pool, Slides, bikes, boats, bummer boats, foam pit, movie nights, the list goes on. You can't do everything all of the time but there is always something. The ceramics are run by a sweet biker dude and if you're skweemish about seeing a big beard, big belly, or some tattoos... this probably is not the place for you.

The entire place is kept clean. I don't know who these people are who expect the cleaning crew to come through more than once a day. Seriously? It's a camp ground. I have always been impressed that they pick up trash at my site. I like to keep clean so I usually walk my trash down to the dumpster, not a big deal. There are at least 4 dumpsters spread throughout the grounds. (PS I do advise avoiding being too close to them during the hottest summer days)

If you want to take your kids and your dog for an affordable week out, have a beer by the fire, and RELAX this is your spot. If you are expecting Disney, it's 1000 miles south and 3 times the money.

The wi-fi and the TV suck, bring your smart phone ;)

Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stumbled across this review site, and thought I'd share our story. We spent a portion of a week here during late summer 2011, and while the campground was okay, the owner is another story completely. There was a problem at our site, the septic system overflowed and got sewage on our kids' blankets and toys. The worker that responded assured the owner over the walkie talkie that the problem was caused by someone else, not us. I went to the store and talked with the owner, who proceeded to deny any responsiblity, and told me to get out if we didn't like it. He really got loud and let his temper show, glad I kept a cool head. I'm used to dealing with 'little Napoleon' types who like to prove how big they are, and it was actually kind of funny to watch. What a complete jerk.

Looking through the reviews it looks like another camper had a similar problem, with similar results. Guess the owner likes money in hand more than repeat business. I will certainly never return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mifflintown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Splash Magic sets a high bar for campgrounds, and we have camped all over the country. Having camped since childhood, we want to give the same wholesome summertime fun memories to our children. Splash Magic never faulters in making memories. My daughter is six and my son is nine. Both fish, ride bike endlessly, craft, golf, boat, dance, swim, slide and play the games offered at Splash Magic. When it rains, the staff ensure continued fun with impromptu scheduling adjustments and rain-friendly activities. The campsites are spacious (we have a 32' tag along with two slides) and clean, and the staff will provide site delivery of store purchases. I appreciate the enforcement of quiet hours and proper burning practices. What would I change about Splash Magic? I would update the playground and designate bike lanes and golf cart lanes. What brings us back to Splash Magic every year? We love the creative family fun and the tradition of cardboard boat races, candy bar bingo, ceramics, outdoor movies with popcorn, and miniature golf tournaments. We look forward to our stay twice a year-July and October-until the day we can retire and take our spot among the seasonal sites!

York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I don't know where all these bad reviews come from, but my husband and I have been coming here several times a year for the last six years and have NEVER seen Ron rude, except when it was giving to him! He, his wife, Betty, and the very loyal "crew" that care for the campground and it's patrons, bend over backwards to make the experience as pleasurable as possible for everyone.
I know for a fact this campground when Ron purchased it was a hell hole and a dump. He and Betty have put many millions of dollars into resurrecting this campground (which the Susquehanna River continually does battle with!) Yes, there are some older trailers, and bathrooms, but did the also notice the new bathrooms, activity tent, log cabins, put-put course, laundry facility,2 water slides...................Duh! You are camping, so yes, it will rain, you will have bug, the lake does get algea, there are only six tv stations (?)and there isn't something to do 24 hours a day. So go to Disney World! You will have times the pool, bathrooms and showers appear dirty, look how many people are using them! I have never had a problem stopping one of the staff, alerting a problem and having it taken care of quickly. Example: Aug 2011, friends we joining us and had reserved an rv site to tent camp on with another couple, it was raining. We noticed, before they got there, that their site was full of water. My husband mentioned this to Ron, and within 15 minutes he had six tractor bucket loads of gravel, spead and the site ready for them! So who the heck is this "Ron" everyone is complaining about? Not the one we have known for six years, and that goes for his wife and dedicated staff........................we will be back, again and again. Book your vacation and decide for yourself! (Oh, and the description of the "goings on" during bike week, shows how LITTLE they know. Again, it's an adult week, no one forces you to go.

Room Tip: Log cabins are a little pricey but well worth it if you don't own a camper, and don't want t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Splash Magic Campground? Share your experiences!