“Unfortunately we also got bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Magic Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northumberland
Splash Magic Campground
You added Splash Magic Campground to your Saves list
P O Box 330, Northumberland, PA 17857   |
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Unfortunately we also got bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed in log cabin #4 8/1 /2011 thru 8/5/2011 and all four of our kids got bed bugs from sleeping in the bunk beds. They are still recovering and it cost us alot of money in medical bills and exterminating fees. We also had to throw away alot of personal items. We thought Splash Magic was going to be our new getaway place, but now that this has happened and because the owner Ron cannot call us back to discuss it will most definitely be our last trip to Splash Magic!!!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The family stayed here in an rented RV trailer that was from the 70's. It was old and the matresses were original. We stayed near the alternate exit/entrance and close to lake. Construction and a dog barking all day and night just outside campground property. I really only care about two things camping: the AC and the pool. Both were not up to par. The AC in our unit was not powerful enough to keep our unit cool, so we were hot most of the night. The pool was filthy and we couldn't even use. The water was green and nobody had skimmed the pool in days. There were bugs everywhereon the surface. I asked the 3 pool attendents busy reading their books if they could do it and they just
looked at me. The bikes and boats we were promised were so used and abused they barely worked.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I love coming here me and my family always have a good time here and you must realize you are on a camping trip not a 5 star hotel so all the complainers if you don't like it stay at a Mariot and leave the outdoors for the real campers.

Hamburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I read other reviews and was scared about going to this campground but I'm glad I didnt listen to all of them. I loved the concrete patio area on each site for the picnic table to sit on/ pull your camper up to. The campground does get muddy when it rains - after all it is not called a camp"black top". The areas that did get quite muddy they were quick to try to remedy with stones. I wouldnt recommend tent camping here - most of the patrons had a pop-up camper or better. Some of the bath houses/bathrooms are old and could use some renovations but there were some new bathrooms/bathhouses that were nice. As for kid activites - this is where they get 5 stars. As long as you take advantage of what they have to offer - your kids will have a blast! (They will get dirty - so dont bring their best clothes to wear.) Our kids especially liked the pedal bikes to rent. The weekly package that allows you access to almost all of the activites for free is definitly the best value.

Glen Lyon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

First let me start by saying we stayed in a Cabin lake side for the past 4 or 5 years and usually did so twice a year and we never had a bad experience from Ron and his wife Betty down to the staff in the store. Granted sometimes you granted you occasionally get one or two bad people either a bad day or just you may not like the way they speak but perhaps it could be yourself as well...

The staff has always been helpful, and never can I say I had a dirty or sub standard cabin. Pleanty of room in the cabins, the door opens in and not near the futon as some one stated it opens the opposit way. We became friends with many and had about 10 people in our cabin, it became tight but we managed (10 for social time) sleeping we comfortable with about 6.

This place is accurately depicted in the pictures, the only thing that I believe may not be there is the foam area, I think that the slide replaced it. As for person complaining about height requirement, I seem to think that all parks have requirements and just because they don't suit your kid don't complain about it because it is in the interest of safety.

Don't think twice book and be sure to have a great time....Bye the way I also have attended Bike week at this location and had a great time as well people are not naked all over the campground as stated in a review, and the staff is the same for that event as well. It is a great time Thank you Ron and Betty keep the good work up....

Tom & Hope G.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hudson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The pool is dirty and worn, the slides are a complete rip off as they are a seperate cost, and they are no where near as big as shown on the website plus my two little kids couldn't use them as they were under 42 inches. The Staff are unfriendly and very unhelpful. The boat and bike rentals are run by kids. There are golf buggies whizzing around non stop and the entertainment was minimal. Toilets and showers dirty and in major nead of updating! All in all a bad experience The only plus side is we had friends come join us for a day..... the staff's carefree attitude meant they got to use the site free all day, they didn't even know they were there!!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I can sure say this place is a dump to come to. r second day it rained n we sat in a major flooded area. Husband went to the store to see if they could help us or do something n he told him along with everyone else. We have family coming to visit n I told them to bring there boat to get to the camper. I am disgusted with the service n the peoples attitude. U sure r not a valued customer u r a dollar sign to them. So think twice before going there.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Splash Magic Campground? Share your experiences!