“Excellent Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
phillychik72
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is one of four restaurants operated by the same owner. Very friendly, great atmosphere and most of all, great food. If they don't have exactly what you are looking for on the menu, they are open to special requests. A must visit if you love authentic Italian cuisine.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Never going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Saw a full page add in a local paper which included a coupon for a 3 course meal from a special menu for $15 as well as a note about a complimentary glass of wine or beer. There wasn't any info in the restaurant about the special and when I asked, the server made it very clear how cheap I was for even considering it. Also, we were never offered wine or beer and I did not feel that I could request it- that would have been really cheap. Two of our party of 4 were satisfied with our entrees but at about $20 per plate in a strip mall, I wouldn't bother to go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richboro
“Not like I remembered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Met a friend tonight for dinner. Ariana's is a half way meeting point for us and we hadn't been there for quite some time. The menu was usual Italian fare and I ordered Veal Marsala for twenty something dollars and received Pork Marsala. Why do they think they can substitute Pork for Veal and the customer is none the wiser? Clearly, they don't look the same and absolutely don't taste the same. The salad was bland and not looking fresh, pasta side was watery. It's so aggravating to be taken advantage of on an otherwise nice evening get together. On the way out, we noticed the specials and they were never mentioned. We agreed we would not be going back. Very disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Never going back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have never written a review for a restaurant, hotel, etc, but felt compelled to after my dinner experience at this place. First of all, the sign outside the restaurant states, "Brick Oven Pizza", so my family and I thought it would be a great place to go that could offer a decent family meal on a weeknight. After sitting down, we opened the menu to find NO pizza selection, only pasta selections priced quite high for the decor and ambience ($20+/plate). When asked why it's called Brick Oven Pizza with no pizza on the menu, the response was that pizza is only served during lunch. While finding this strange, we decided to order a couple different pasta dishes. The lasagna was lukewarm at best and mediocre in taste. Two bites into it, I lifted up what looked like a piece of onion peel, but after I continued lifting it up, a piece of plastic wrap half the size of my forearm came out of the inside of the pasta. Wow. One of the three waiters helping us that night came by, I told him about the plastic and he very apologetically took back the dish and came back saying the chef offered to make another pasta dish. I politely declined and said we were fine--(I just wanted to leave because I lost my appetite, but was too nice to tell them what I really thought). My husband's pasta was average (no plastic) and he was happy. When the check came, I had a feeling they would still charge us for the lasagna, and indeed they did! I went to the host, who appeared to also be the manager and asked in 1 quick question if he had really had intended to charge us for the pasta with the plastic. He answered quickly that he didn't know about it, but without needing any additional explanation from me about the incident, he said he would fix the bill right away. From his response, it didn't seem as though he really didn't know, especially since we watched the waiter tell him what happened as soon as it occurred. We left the restaurant with no real , other than the initial quick apology, or explanation of what happened. They really didn't seem to care either way. Probably one of my worst restaurant experiences to date and I am not a picky person. What's worse is that I love BYOBs and they are far and few between...truly ashame.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfect every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here at least 200x.I know that sounds like bs but we've been going here for as long as they have been open and it seems like 20 years.When you figure 10-15 times per year,thats my number.Anyway that amount of returns speaks for itself.we've had one dissapointing meal in that time and that was when my wife ordered salmon many years ago,I told her stick with the italian.We almost get the same every time,my wife gets the fork tender veal saltimbaca,a large 4 piece portion that she always brings half home for a midweek dinner.I get the chicken parm and it is gigantic and good,I also save half.Dinner comes with homemade soup or salad,choice of fresh vegetable or pasta and baked on premise bread.Its a byob and service is always friendly and efficient.Arianas is one of the few places that I'll order spaghetti because it is always aldente.There is usually a coupon in local papers or on line but either way they are not expensive[ch parm18.95,veal salt 22.95]Its my favorite and perfect every time.
soup or salad