“Perfect Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We got married at the Inn in mid-October, and it couldn't have been more perfect. Although the weather didn't cooperate 100%, the staff were ready for any eventuality - we had backup plan after backup plan. The property is beautiful, and the fall scenery only contributed to the overall beauty of the buildings and grounds. The staff, especially Keenan, were top notch and receptive to all our needs. We probably juggled guests and rooms 3 different times, and as annoying as that must have been, Keenan never hesitated to meet with us and work through our concerns. The food was top-notch and resulted in numerous compliments from our guests.

We decided on a "whole house agreement" for two of the houses, meaning we had the entire building to ourselves. This worked perfectly for our guests and I would recommend it to anyone with large numbers of out of town guests for a wedding. We ended up staying two nights, and couldn't have been happier. Our guests felt the same way.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in mid-October for my friend's wedding and was overall pleased with the entire experience. The Inn is right off of a fairly busy road, but you would never notice once you're there and the grounds are gorgeous. We paid a bit more and got a suite with a private outdoor patio and huge spa tub, which was wonderful. The food at my friend's wedding was fantastic, probably the best wedding food I've ever had. The presentation of cocktail hour was also very nice and the space for the wedding was ample and beautiful. The staff were all very friendly, especially the dining room staff during breakfast. I also liked that a full breakfast was included in the price of our room and the variety of food and beverages was great; not a simple continental breakfast or anything! Overall this was a great experience and I would highly recommend it for both events and staying at the Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My husband & I got married in Sept. 2010 at Joseph Ambler Inn. It rained the morning of the ceremony, however the staff at Joseph Ambler Inn made everything great! All went well, the sun came out before the ceremony started, the food was AWESOME, and the ambiance of the inn just spoke for itself. I stayed from Sat til Mon & our room was just great! Very clean & the staff was just perfect! I also had out-of-state family stay at the inn & they still can't stop talking about what a wonderful experience they had, especially the full buffet breakfast the next morning!

• Stayed September 2010
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

We had our wedding at JAI in October of 2010 and I could not be more please with how everything went! Wendi and her staff were incredibly organized and were on top of every detail! We are not easy to please, and I can honestly say my expectations were exceeded! Not a detail was missed, my friends and family loved the food, atmosphere and accomodations. JAI was also a perfect location for us as we had many out of town guests that were able to stay right on site. Renting one of the houses "Whole House Agreement" was such a great experience as well to have a post gathering with friends and family following the reception. JAI is a gem for small weddings, we had about 90 guests and a 10 piece band it was just right!

• Stayed October 2010
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed here for two nights while travelling on business. Arriving up the long dirt driveway after a long day of travelling or business starts you relaxing right off the bat. The buildings themselves are beautiful, and despite their age, have been renovated to include everything one needs.
The staff is very pleasant and helpful. I arrived quite late, hoping to get dinner, and when I mentioned it while checking in, the woman at reception phoned over and asked the restaurant to stay open a little longer to expect me, then told me to take my time getting settled in my room! And boy am I glad they did. The food was exceptional - lamb chops and an amazing potato gratin. And despite being the last diner, no one tried to rush me out.
At another point, I got a soda out of the machine, and it was flat (had clearly been in there a little too long). When I brought it up to reception, it was immediately replaced with two and an apology given.
The room was comfortable and very beautiful. Antiques, but not overrun with doily's and froufrou. I had a room with a spa tub which I was looking forward to. The only downside was that the tub was extremely noisy and couldn't be turned off when I was done with it - it had to cycle through its entire 40 minute (I think) run time. On checking in, I'd been told this, but didn't realize it would be that noisy! I felt very bad for anyone else with a room on that floor.
The other drawback was the wireless which only worked sporadically. Apparently, too many people were using it, to which I would say - that means add more bandwidth or don't say you have wireless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

It was such a beautiful weekend that I cannot believe it is over. Staying at the Joseph Ambler Inn was just perfect as we prepared for our son's wedding and hosted the rehearsal dinner. Everything was as I hoped it would be. The John Roberts House was comfortable and spacious for our family. It also allowed the groomsmen ample space to dress and the photographer enjoyed the beautiful venue as well. The rehearsal dinner was absolutely delicious and the service superb. The lunch on the wedding day was enjoyed by all. Everyone offered many compliments for the food and the beautiful surroundings. Thanks to you and your entire staff for your warm hospitality and commitment to excellence.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

People very friendly Good food and great service. Maid left note with inn manager
regarging missing towels. Manager left voice mail wanting closure on this matter.
Called and explained where towels were. No apology of any kind. Wife was very upset.
She called the next day, he wanted to know why she was calling. She explained what
happened with the towels. He could have cared less. This was very rude of him. We
will never stay or recommend this place again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!