“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Inn   |   1005 Horsham Road, North Wales, PA 19454   |
Ranked #1 of 1 North Wales B&B and Inns
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Our daughter's wedding was 2 weeks ago. Wendi, Keenan, Meg and their staff went out of their way to make our experience stress free. The bridal suite was large enough for the bride and bridesmaids to get dressed. The bedrooms were charming, the food was savory and plentiful, The patio was a romantic setting for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The ambiance during the reception was magical. We were able to host an after party and have a brunch for our out of town guests. It was an amazing experience.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Joseph Ambler Inn (JAI), the English language does not have words to describe the total awesomeness of EVERY ASPECT of this establishment…We had a wedding there for 160 people.

Before I explain, you should know that I love TripAdvisor, because its (mostly) real people telling you real feelings. I use TripAdvisor because takes a lot to part me from my money. I'm a lurker here, an un-trusting critical thinker who usually doesn't write reviews. Something has to be really bad (then I write to help them improve or warn people), OR REALLY REALLY GREAT. JAI is beyond great. See details at bottom of review

The FACILITY itself is AAAAA++…The OUTDOOR GROUNDS are peaceful and beautiful, their tranquility soon overcomes any noise (from the road upon which it is located). During large events they will block one of their entrances just to maintain the peace. The FOOD is FANTABULOUS AAAAAA++. Don’t just believe me, go investigate…JAI has a public restaurant, or better yet, spend 20 bucks (or so) and go to a tasting.

The STAFF, from the managers, waiters, maids and everyone on the grounds, these people are a collection of Superhero’s, all real caring people, down to earth, and, (as I read in some other review) I can’t decide if their favorite phrase is “how can I help you?? or “Sure we can do that!!!

The HOTEL is not just one building. JAI consists of a main farmhouse hotel with its restaurant and ballroom on the first floor…Then 4? other different size houses (all part of the Hotel) on the property (with a size range that fit the needs of our elderly, as well as our “party hearty” wedding party and younger guests. Every house is restored and impeccably maintained.

Standing on the JAI grounds it looks like you have stepped back in time, but OH the range of rooms!!! Colonial style rooms?? of course!!! However, far beyond that, several of the rooms have modern conveniences, hot tubs; some have their own fireplaces (wood/gas etc). More important, SEVERAL OF THE HOUSES HAVE COMMON AREAS where (If you fill the house with your guests) you can gather after your event. Our wedding party had a private, after reception party by the fireplace and on the patio in one house (Thomas Wilson), while parents and guests gathered in another house (John Roberts) to reflect by a fireplace that was so large, it was wider than my Master Bedroom closet at home. Elderly guests slept peacefully in a third little house whose name escapes me.

This review may sound exuberant, but my family consists of very quality conscious (Consumer Reports) shoppers. JAI is my personal “best buy”. Here’s l why… In any big event there are going to be problems, this staff of people are ALL not just problem solvers, they make you forget you HAD a problem. Here are the details of just some examples…

We really wanted an outside 5:00PM ceremony. We planned to be outside for over 6 months with these guys. (Also,they had told us all about contingency plans before we booked.) SOO.. 11:30 AM Day of wedding we had it set up outside on the lawn grounds (Chairs in place, Archway in place, Bride and girls out getting hair done). By 2:30 PM (before non-staying guests arrive) weather has changed for the worse. We knew we HAD to go inside…. NOW invisible to us, chairs and flowers got moved, curtains and electric candles were set up, outside heaters were fired up…

BOTTOM LINE 160 guests (non staying and hotel guests) had great time with a pavilion wedding, then super-fast changeover to pavilion cocktail hour, next an unbelievable ballroom reception with great service, great bar, and fabulous food. My guests ended the night in the common areas of our JAI houses to relive a GREAT experience that could have been a disaster. Again, don’t take my word for it, do what we did, JAI allowed us to go months before our wedding, and watched them do an actual changeover for another weeding group that WANTED a pavilion indoor wedding.

BTW, The owner has done much of the renovation work on the property himself. Quality of work is exceptional, and I loved looking at the “before pictures” on the walls during our stay.
We saw him on working around the grounds every day during our stay, but he is so unassuming that we never knew he was the owner until another staff member pointed it out.

If you’re planning an event… go see this place and meet these people. I’m an untrusting skeptic, and over the three days of my event they made me feel like family.

Room Tip: Many different amenities in each room.. Every room different. Colonial or a little modern, Hot tub...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Milford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our son's wedding was at the Joseph Ambler Inn and we are from a different state,so our guests stayed there also. The food , the service at all parts of the inn, hotel, restaurant, banquet is impeccable. Nothing asked was questioned and done efficiently and pleasantly The food is fabulous. It's hard to review a place that does it all and give it 5 stars but here we are. If we could give them 10 stars we would.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Room Tip: One caveat, most rooms require stairs to get to them, so if needed ask for a first floor room. This...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
South Amboy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for a quiet weekend away and secured the Allman Suite. It was a lovely room for my wife and I and our 2 year old with plenty of space for his portable crib and for him to run around. We all loved the room and the private/separate room with pool/jacuzzi and waterfall. The bed and linens were very comfortable and the room was well appointed.

A great benefit for us was the wonderful onsite restaurant which meant we could use our mobile devices and WIFI as baby monitors and enjoy a great dining experience. It wasn't cheap but well worth it and we would thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brian C, Manager at Joseph Ambler Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I wanted thank you for your post. As I have said before, I thank all of the positive and negative reviews, but I wanted to single out your response today because you mentioned the Allman Suite and spoke a little about the decor.

The Allman Suite was recently renovated to include a new bed frame, mattress, and linens. You were one of the first guests to be able to enjoy these new amenities. While the Queen bed that was previously in the room was very popular, I hope guests fall in love with the new King bed. We had had several requests to upgrade that room to a king and I am pleased to say your request has been granted.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! While I am a very devoted Philly team fan, I hope your Rangers do well also!
Blauvelt, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a romantic overnight stay and the Joseph Ambler Inn was a great choice. This stay was purchased on a groupon but the whirlpool tub was not available. I think it is limited supply. Our room was in the barn, right above the restaurant. It was a comfortable room, clean and nicely decorated. There was information on nearby places to go and the staff, each one, was welcoming. We didn't eat in the restaurant, we wish we had and if it was as amazing as previous reviewers said, I think this could change my review to five stars since it would be part of the experience. The included breakfast was good, 4 star level, the fireplace in the dining room provided warmth and atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My fiance and I have stayed at JAI twice now. Once last year, and then just recently this March. It is becoming our new tradition to get away for the weekend. Beginning with the helpful, polite, and cheerful employees, checking into the Inn only take a few moments, then we were directed to our room. We stayed in the Coreybeck in the Conrad House. The furniture was quaint and perfect for the room, the TV and photos on the wall could use an upgrade though. The bathroom was beautiful and the battery operated pillar candles are a nice touch. A formal room service would be amazing, because the food here is great! We ate in the dining room last time we stayed here, but opted for the Pub for this visit. The lobster roll is light, creamy, and delicious. After our meal, we found Keenan on the grounds who was interested in our stay, what brought us here, and if we needed anything to go to him directly. I love seeing a manager out on the grounds and even changing a light in the pub, instead of hiding out in an office. We awoke the next morning to a light snow falling and the grounds looked beautiful. We walked over breakfast, wish the breakfast was served a little later than 9am, as we both wanted to stay in bed a little longer. With a lot of options at breakfast, there is something for everyone. We were sad to leave, but after a quick checkout, and grabbing a couple of chocolate chip cookies for the road, we said in the car, "We'll see you next year!" and went home. Looking forward to going back next year, who know, maybe even sooner!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My fiance and I bought the Groupon and stayed at JAI in Feb. We are getting married here in June and wanted to get the feel of in the inn without all the craziness of the wedding. It was amazing. The room was so cute with a nice whirpool tub in the John Roberts house. Bed was very comfy. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was amazing! Afterwards, we hung out at the bar and had a great time!
I know JAI is working very hard to upgrade some of the rooms and I know they will be awesome. The staff is also amazing! (Keenan, Brian, Wendi) all go out of their way to make sure that everything is going to great for the wedding and I CANNOT WAIT to get married here so my friends and family can experience this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Joseph Ambler Inn? Share your experiences!