“Wonderful stay in wine country” 5 of 5 stars

Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   51 E Main St, North East, PA 16428   |
Ranked #2 of 4 North East B&B and Inns
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay in wine country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a Sunday night for a two day Lake Erie winery tour. It was easy to find right on the main road with plenty of parking in the back. Our hostess was gracious and helped us find a restaurant for dinner that fit our request to be on the lake. We had reserved a room with a king bed, which was on the ground floor with a door out to a private patio. The room was good sized, the bed was comfortable and we slept soundly all night. I'm glad I wasn't put off by the review that mentioned the noise because it was not a problem at all. We didn't hear any traffic from the road, and the faint sound of the trains was soothing, actually. Since the trains run through the region, I'm not sure how I would have found one without the sound of trains anyway! We enjoyed access to the 24 hour cookie jars and complimentary beverages as well as the books and magazines. The breakfast was wonderful! It truly was a gourmet breakfast and I am so glad we decided to stay here. We would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We booked the Cabernet suite for a mini honeymoon as we don't go on our actual honeymoon for another month. We wanted to get away and relax and were able to do just that. The room was spacious, the jacuzzi tub fit both of us easily, and the bed was very comfortable. The Inn Keeper was very helpful when we asked her opinion on local wineries to visit. We visited about 6 wineries and traveled a total distance of about 20 miles at the most, nice area with very friendly people and a nice, quiet atmosphere.

The breakfast we had on Monday morning was probably the best we ever had. Everything is homemade, We had a Rhubarb coffee cake, fresh fruit, and a breakfast casserole along with juice and fresh coffee. The Inn Keeper is a great baker, the chocolate chip cookies were fantastic. There were movies and board games for guests to use which was nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Was looking for a getaway for a fall weekend to see a little foliage, taste a little wine and relax. Grape Arbor Inn provided the perfect place as a base of operation for this part of PA and NY.

The Inn is a quaint old house, beautifully appointed. The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable and the bathrooms great. The highlight as many have said before it the breakfast. It is a feast from fresh baked confections to wonderful egg dishes and Peg can't do enough for you.....

Yes, there is the train (they come in the morning mostly).... didn't seem to bother me and I slept with the window open... and I heard none of the trucks. ( Neither one of these can the inn keeper do anything about.) North East is a sleepy town so if you are looking for excitement it is not here... but if you are looking to get away from that for a few days... this is the perfect place.

It was a great visit and I would go back to the Grape Arbor Inn in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

After seeing pictures and reading reviews for the Grape Arbor B&B, I was super excited there was an available weekend. The guest houses are very nice and welcoming, especially with the fall decor. We stayed in the Chancellor Suite, which is very spacious. One problem was the musty, stale smell in the sitting room, which made it hard for me to sit in the room without having breathing problems. I completely agree with the earlier review that the main problem was the train that ran ALL through the night, along with the semi-trucks and other traffic running right by the B&B. I got very little sleep either night we stayed due to this awful noise. But the homemade breakfast in the morning made up for it. The food was amazing and very filling to get the day started. The wait-staff was also very friendly, adding to the great breakfast experience. Overall, the stay did not completely meet my expectations and I will stay elsewhere if visiting the area again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Grape Arbor in early July of 2010. We wanted to get away for our five year anniversary. We stayed in the Cabernet Suite and loved it. The room was very nice and the bathroom excellent. We went to the Cherry Festival across the street, to the beach at Presque Isle,and visited Wineries. We had a very nice time and are very glad we stayed at the Grape Arbor. However, hands down, our favorite thing about our stay at this bed and breakfast was the BREAKFASTS. Wow, they were amazing! Everything was homemade and delicious. I cannot wait to return just to having such amazing food and such nice service:)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Instead of a staying at a generic hotel chain, my wife and I decided to stay at the Grape Arbor B&B. We stayed in the Chancellor Suite, which was very nicely decorated and large. We found the freshly made cookies to be a nice touch and the breakfast was very good. Although I typically don't write reviews, I did want to assure everyone that you cannot hear a train unless you have bionic hearing. I once faintly heard a train in the distance while in the bathroom, but the last time I checked, most people don't sleep in the bathroom. If you're deciding between a generic hotel like a Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, etc., stay at the Grape Arbor. It's a better price, better room and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Visiting Erie, the vast PA and NY wine country, or even a short trip to spectacular Niagara Falls, you must stay at the Grape Arbor in North East, PA. This is simply the best in every category for a romantic vacation.
Dave and his wife, Peg, treat you to a facility that includes two classic buildings with a fabulous history. Each of our three stays have included a fantastic room, with the last one the very best; fireplace, three rooms, jacuzzi, classic pieces of useful furniture. There was an overall sense of romance in the room.
A four-course breakfast awaits you each morning. These breakfasts are unbelievable and memorable: everything is homemade and a feast that will cause you to stop and savor each piece. These are not your usual breakfasts; you will taste and love exceptional foods. Peg is a master of creating a breakfast that you will not forget.
The Grape Arbor is the number one B&B in my book.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Grape Arbor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!