“Old but clean and economical” 3 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn North East
12264 East Main Street, North East, PA 16428   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in North East
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Old but clean and economical”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

Staff was very helpful. Building is old but room was clean. If low price heavily determines your choice, this is a winner. Wireless worked well. Breakfast (included in the price of the room) was adequate.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Bad service, very small. I just don't like it! If u want continental breakfast, you'll eat stale cereal, hot milk, hot orange juice, stale doughnuts, and moldy butter and cream cheese. The mini golf course is not well kept, and the pool makes you itchy.

• Stayed July 2014
Negaunee, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very bad.. won't stay there again. The lobby was Old.. outdated, and the people were difficult to understand, they were of India heritage. The room was clean enough, but you could see the pealing wall paper in the corners, and the OLD wall heater in the bathroom.

Room Tip: NO breakfast to speak of, unless you consider orange juice and a granola bar to be CONTINENTAL!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Saegertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here Friday night because of the price. I read the previous reviews and dismissed most of them. The walls and doors do need wiped down but other than that, I found it to be clean and neat. The couple at the desk were very helpful and supplied everything I asked for immediately. Thank you both for that!! A BIG PLUS is that you can use the door for the hallway so I did not have to go outside when I needed something. The fridge and microwave in the room was great! We were able to bring our own food and drinks. And we were also able to make our own coffee, but no coffee maker in room. We used the microwave to heat water for it. We came back for a second night before heading for home. And no signs of any bugs at all. A great place to stay if you want a non expensive place to sleep and rest. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to
Buffalo, being quite tired. The location was exactly what we needed, and the lady behind the desk was very nice. The room definitely needs some renovating, but we can't say it felt filthy. No sign of bed bugs, tv worked great, shower was great, and they had a fridge. We weren't expecting a whole Lot based on reviews, but we were pleased.

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn 6/23/12 - 6/24/12 and it was disgusting. Just like a lot of these reviews (which I just discovered now) are similar: Long black hairs in tub, rusty vent in bathroom, moldy and mold smell in the bathroom, stains (blood?) on walls, filthy tiles in the bathroom, missing smoke detector, dust ruffle was a dirty matted shag carpet, the carpet itself felt dirty, I had something bite my face at night. I called the travel site looking to get my money back, but they said they weren't responsible. I highly doubt I will ever see a refund. I would rather have slept on the bathroom floor in a fast food restaurant. This place should be SHUT DOWN by the health department or something.

Room Tip: anywhere but this motel...a park bench perhaps...a bowling alley...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Monroe, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Just walking into our room made me feel like I caught a disease. The carpets were filthy, the shag carpet around the side of the bed was peeling off and exposing the dirty plywood, there were stains all over the ceiling, and the "sofa" was filthy. We never took our shoes off and felt gross even putting our bags down. We would have rather slept in the car so we stayed about ten minutes after laughing our butts off and booked it out of there. Any longer I would have got AIDs or murdered. I did get my money back by faking an emergemcy. Don't stay here ever! By the way the 70s called and they want their crack den hotel back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn North East? Share your experiences!