“trying some place new” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
mayvile
“trying some place new”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great view and locate , bring sweater or jacket, was not impressed with food ,fish with shrimp and sauce, got mouthful of bones in frist bite, the steak was tough, the coconut shrimp app, was very good as was the desserts, fun but would have burgers or sandwichs, prices were very reasonable.

Visited June 2012

Williamsville, New York
“Great View, Good Food, Awful Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Well I'm overdue for a bad review and here it is.
Four of made the trip to the CrayZ Parrot after a few hours at the horse track. Upon our arrival the hostess (which I believe was the owner) took some time to find us a table even though there were many empty. We had a beautiful view of the Lake Erie which was the calmest I have ever seen! The bad review really centers around our waitress who seemed a bit put out that the hostess i.e. owner and I believe the mother of our waitress gave her our table.
She didn't know much about the food as she couldn't answer our simple questions. We had to ask for bread as by the time our dinner arrived we had not recieved it. I ordered the pork which was very tasty but the side of vegetables consisted of 2 slices of zuchini! My other side was rice and beans and measured about 1/4 of cup.
What turned us off even more is that the owners/manager, our waitress, and 2 of the kitchen help decided to take a break at a table and have a smoke. Smoking in restaurants is not permitted but I guess their table was outside of the offical restaurant so they thought they were fine. The smoke smell wafted right over to our table. I also noticed that our waitress did not watch her hands after that smoke break. I certainly hope the kitchen help did but I doubt it.
These owners have a gem of a restaurant with great outdoor seating with a FANSTASTIC view. They need to bring the other aspects of their business to an acceptable level.
Unless they make changes, I will not go there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jamestown
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had dinner there and was very good. Had the Haddock!

Visited June 2012
Erie
“Sunset views cant be beat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

good food, great view of lake erie, watch the sunset from the outside patio, and boats come into the marina that sits below it.

Visited September 2011
Edinboro
“Mixed Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We've gone to CrayZ Parrot two times, once with a group and once with just my wife and me. Both times, the female owner was very rude to her staff and us! The food was mediocre, but the view was amazing (the only good part of this restaurant).

• Visited October 2011