“True country charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North East
Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast
You added Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
4821 Williams Rd, North East, PA 16428-4811   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North East
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“True country charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited this B&B this past September and had a very pleasant weekend stay. Our inlaws live nearby and the addition of a 4th child prompted us to look outside the family home for lodging during our recent stay. I found this B&B only minutes away, and it was the best rated in the area by Trip Advisor contributors. They weren't exaggerating. We felt like family as we shared breakfast (our request) with Ted & Norma, and attended church with her on Sunday morning (again at our request). She belongs to the quaintest little church in a little town in nearby New York State. If you like quiet country charm and warm, friendly hosts then this is your place!

Room Tip: There are only to rooms. The upstairs room is like a "mother-in-law" suite which virtuall...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Contented_Acres, Owner at Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Hi folks
Just a note to let you know how much we appreciate your review. Norma was very pleased that you attended church with her. (first time guest wanted to go) Thanks for taking the time to submit a review -
Hope to see you another time

Ted & Norma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was our second stay at Contented Acres and Ted and Norma welcomed us as old friends to their place in the vineyards of North East, Pennsylvania. We made ourselves at home in their beautiful house and at their table. The breakfasts were generous and delicious, with farm fresh eggs, home baked muffins and jam (Norma's special recipe) and more. The rooms are ample and connected to a comfortable "family room" for guests. Ted and Norma are very accommodating and attentive hosts. It's a lovely setting to experience the sights and sounds of the vineyard at harvest time.

Room Tip: There are two rooms connected to a large family room. The upstairs room is a little larger, but both...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Contented_Acres, Owner at Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hi Mary & Mike
Thanks for the great review - Really enjoyed your company - Looking forward to next "Wine Fest" - Wishing you "Happy Holidays" and a great year ahead!!

oxoxoxox Norma & Ted
New Lyme, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was our second time at Contented Acres. Ted and Norma treat us like family. The breakfasts were perfect, just what we needed before a day of bike riding. We especially loved Norma's jam (a mix of raspberry, blueberry and strawberry). The rooms were quite comfortable, and the front common room gave us plenty of space to relax. You couldn't ask for a better place or more gracious hosts. We will be back!

Room Tip: Either room is a fine choice, although if traveling with children, the upstairs suite is larger.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

While I agree with all the lovely comments about the hosts, the breakfast and the property (which I didn't investigate too thoroughly, as it was a rainy day when I was there), I was interested to see that no other reviewer mentioned either the trains or the cats. One of my sons (I was solo for the trip) is very allergic and I wouldn't have thought to ask, but it is good to know that they have 2 - who are quite circumspect and certainly no bother at all, but there.
I had the downstairs bedroom and was woken up over and over by the trains. Apparently, the train track is about a mile away and the trains blow horns all night long, in their many crossings.The horns were blown at 3 junctures in the passage of each train - one series a bit softer (I was counting for a while - about 4 toots each series, each blast lasting about 5 seconds), then the loud series, then another, down the tracks a bit, and softer.
The next day, I saw that there is a local railroad museum/historical site, which boasts that it is well located as there are 60 trains a day that pass. That is a lot of trains to have going by!
While it seemed discourteous to complain of it to the hosts (they can't move, after all!) who were otherwise so gracious, it was not at all what I had in mind for a visit in the country (I also live in the country - we have noisy birds some mornings, but not much else for noise - so, I expect I am spoiled). Yet, I was surprised that no one else mentioned it. Perhaps it is less noticeable if air conditioning is on - or if one is a tad hard of hearing?
Otherwise, a great bed and generous hosts - Norma gave me a bouquet of flowers to take with me to my next stop, as well as some muffins - so, I am sad to mention the trains, but think it would be helpful to others planning a stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I were blessed to find Contented Acres B & B. A charming home in the country with vineyards, a fishing pond, beautiful flowers, and a very comfortable country bedroom on the first floor with a private bath. Breakfast was wonderful and Norma and Ted made us feel right at home. We will definitely stay there again. We look forward to it.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay with Ted and Norma. The suite upstairs is so private! Ted and Norma are amazing hosts. The breakfasts were delicious. We loved sampling the local peach wine. We hope to visit again soon!

Carrollton, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I and our 6-yr. old stayed in the first floor bedroom. It was homey, cozy and a nice break from hotels on our long trip. This place is in a charming little town and Ted and Norma and great people. Highly recommend Contented Acres

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Contented Acres Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!