“clean and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting to your Saves list
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 East Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA 19401 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites-Plymouth Meeting)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Norristown
PA
“clean and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few days and it was quiet and comfortable. The room was certainly large enough and had a nice kitchenette area with 2 burners, a sink, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Everything was clean and well-kept. There was a little living room area with a couch and a TV and the bed was off to the side with the bathroom nearby. The only reason that I didn't give them a rating of 5 was that the bed was not very comfortable. Otherwise, the place was great

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting relatives 2 minutes away. Nice large rooms. Bedroom is separate than living/kitchen area. 2 TV's, one in living room and one in bedroom. Also DVD player. They have an HBO channel but that's it as far as movies are concerned. Several redbox locations nearby. Many restaurants and mall close by as well. About 40 minutes from airport depending on traffic.
I can't say enough nice things about the staff. They allowed us to check in 90 minutes early also offered us a late check out at 2 PM which we didn't need. Breakfast was a great selection each day. They were available to answer any questions and always courteous. Brought a new iron up to our room , no problem.
My only complaint which both my husband and myself did not like is that the sink was outside the bathroom. But the sink area is very large with many drawers for storing personal items. Not a deal breaker for us, we would definitely stay here again. Great value. Also no one yelling housekeeping in the morning or ever throughout the day like at other hotels. Very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Had a top floor room which was nice. 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Always stay here when visiting family in the area. Staff has always been very pleasant and accommodating. Rooms and amenities are great - breakfast buffet a definite plus. We have stayed in other hotels in the area over the years but always come back to the Hyatt House.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. I love the cleanliness and modern furniture and decor. For a family of 4 for 2 nights we were very comfortable and pleased with our experience. We will be back at a Hyatt House again. Our kids loved the full breakfast included in the rate and in comparison to other hotels in the area this one was the best.

• Stayed August 2013
Pattaya, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years and have only been disappointed twice. But this last stay was very disappointing as my room ie the bathroom had old pee on the toilet seat and running down the front of the bowl. Which means the room was not cleaned properly.
Obviously, there have been changes in the housekeeping staff as this has never been a problem before.

If I find another hotel that is close by I may consider staying there.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem better to me
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I actually stayed at this location 2 times in the course of a week. The first time I was in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath.
The first room was nice bit had something's that needed tending to.
Second was a 1 bedroom 1 bath.
Here are my pros and cons (based on both rooms)

Pros:
Huge rooms.
Great beds
Nice big living spaces
Small kitchen
Nice pool area
Good fitness facility
Nice location, it's about 5 minutes to a great Whole Foods, mall and movie theater.
Not a bad trip to Philly
Nice linens
Laundry
Breakfast (though I didn't have it)
Decent wi-fi

Cons:
Some fixes were needed in my first room (tiles/paint/did colored tub)
Kitchen seemed slightly grungy (I wouldn't use the utensils/serving ware)
They are in desperate need of directional signs. You will walk in lots of circles trying to get to elevators, or even the front lobby.
The staff was hit or miss. Some were super nice. Others seemed bothered. For instance,I did laundry and the dryer was broken, when I went to the front desk and told them they asked if I had more cash for change , and i shoukd use a differenr dryer and then said I could put a sign up saying it was broken.
And then there was a problem with my billing. The rate I was supposed to pay online vs. what my bill stated was different. When I checked in I checked on the price. When I brought it up the front desk person said there was nothing they could do about it.

Overall the place is great. I'd just triple check the nighty rate, maybe ask for something in writing before you check in, and know that the staff won't always be the best.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed the experience for the most part. I was travelling with my 15 year old daughter and a few days before my arrival I called to see if it was possible to get a room with 2 double beds.
The gentleman I spoke with on the phone informed me that the room type I wanted was sold out for the days I would be there and proceeded to find a 2 bedroom suite and did a complementary upgrade! I cannot tell you how grateful I was for that!

The room itself was wonderful. 2 bedrooms each with a king sized bed and full bathroom. There was a kitchenette (which we did not use) and a flat screen TV with DVD player which was nice. Also, each bedroom had it's own smaller flat screen TV which was a nice touch.

My favorite parts of our stay were the gorgeous outdoor pool which was a VERY nice change of pace from the indoor pools most hotels have and the complimentary breakfast which included an omelette station which was delicious.

Manager Michael was very helpful as well. Like all Hyatt properties I've stayed at recently the staff was excellent all the way around.

I would be more than happy to stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask if you have special needs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!