“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting

You added HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting to your Saves list
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 East Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA 19401 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites-Plymouth Meeting)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norristown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ny
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our family stayed in a king/2 doubles suite, and was very happy with our three night stay. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and the hotel itself was very clean. Our suite was just what we needed and was very spacious. A great experience!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I wish our family of 6 could have stayed here more than one night. We had a double/double suite that included a double sofa sleeper. We got a great rate of $89 on a Valley Forge weekend savings time website. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. Bathroom toiletries included bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste. TV in both bedroom and living room areas. The kitchen was stocked with items needed for extended stays including stainless steel cookware, bowls, silverware, glasses, wine glasses, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, grater, dish soap, full size fridge and more that I can't remember. Our four kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast was great. Fruit included apples, oranges, bananas, grapefruit wedges, and a fruit medley of melons, pineapple and grapes. My husband and daughter liked their made-to-order omelets. Drinks of coffee, Tazo tea, milk, and juices of apple, orange, tomato, and cranberry. They also had a soda fountain with 5 or 6 kinds of soda. Instant cereal (can only remember they had Froot Loops but there were more) and hot oatmeal with choice of toppings. Also included were breads, bagels, pastries, yogurt, French toast, bacon, and scrambled eggs. There were a few people maintaining the breakfast buffet....polite and efficient. Apples are on hand 24/7 by the front desk area. Check-in guy was very nice. I didn't notice any restaurants within walking distance but there are plenty within a couple miles of either direction. We went SE to the Plymouth Meeting Mall to find a place to eat. We were there on a Saturday night so we do not know what the evening social is like but they have a monthly menu posted in the room and it looked good....changes daily between pizza, nachos, soups. Exercise room looked huge. All areas from elevator to halls to breakfast area looked well cleaned. We would definitely stay here again.

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Summary: Filthy bug infested room, poor service. Recommend other options in the area.

I have stayed at this property a few other times on past business trips and have had favorable experiences. However, I will not be back. During my check-in this week, I was greeted in the room by several small ant looking insects on the bed. Two were on the sheets and one was crawling on my leg. To make matters worse, there was another large insect in the bathtub and a large hair on the bathroom countertop.

I quickly called down to the front desk (around 10pm) where I learned there was no manager on duty and a staff poorly equipped to manage issues. I immediately checked out and asked that a manager call me the next day to inform he/she of the experience; no call back received..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nicholas D, Manager at HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Greetings,

I apologize to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. I did receive a message from the Front Desk staff in regards to the issue you had reported, and have phoned you on the number provided, however your message box was full. We did also send an email in effort to get in touch with you to discuss this matter. We have done a full inspection of the suite since your reported issue. Please contact us so we can discuss further at 610-313-9990 extension 605. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

Nicholas
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We got a truly AMAZING two-bedroom (King/king) suite at this hotel via Priceline for $75 for one night. I was truly astounded at this when I saw the spaciousness of the suite: two nice-sized bedrooms with king beds, two baths, and a kitchen/living space with full-sized dishwasher, dishes, fridge, etc. This was definitely overkill for us on this particular trip, as we were only staying one night and did not have our children with us--but this would be an IDEAL place for a family traveling with kids or anyone needing to stay somewhere for a longer time. But I will surely look at Hyatt House again in the future. The room was clean and well appointed--and included, yes, toothpaste! (Something I've never seen anywhere else as part of the room amenities.) Free wifi was great, too.

The only complaints we had were that about the sheets and the breakfast. The sheets would not stay on the bed. Although they did have fitted bottom sheets, they were not tight over the corners and kept coming up and bunching up. I just hate that. This was compounded by the fact that under the bottom sheet was some kind of un-fitted mattress pad. When the sheet disconnected from the bed at the corners, the mattress pad clumped up into a lumpy, folded mess--all of this was just very unpleasant and unnecessary if you get decent bedding.

The breakfast on first glance seemed good (and the breakfast area is spacious and nice).. They do make omelets (very unusual for a hotel like this), but the omelets were kind of watery and tasteless, as was the coffee. Rest of the fare was mediocre. But given the price we paid, I cannot really complain majorly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm an avid traveler, and have stayed in various hotels. Hyatt never disappoints and this was no exception. I'm a fan of Hyatt properties and try to stay in them whenever I can. This property is in a great location and the staff is really great and very pleasant. We were here for a softball tournament and all the kids and families had a wonderful time. Breakfast is delicious, and the price and amount of space (along with the full size refrigerator, stove and microwave) are a big bonus when traveling with families. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Omelet station is awesome!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 days over the holiday weekend. Had a 2 bedroom suite that was nice and spacious. The room had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a pullout sectional sofa as well as a full kitchen. The amenities of this hotel are nice, including a workout room with TV's and headphones and towels, a laundry room and a nice pool. The breakfast was also nice, and included an omelet station. The only thing that wold have made this better was a waffle iron (i love waffles). Service at this hotel was nice, except for some reason, on the second day the maid only changes the towels and did not bother to make the beds or vacuum.. Weird! I didnt make a stink as I returned pretty late that night and was checking out the next morning.

York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my mother and my 9-year-old nephew, and we all loved this hotel. The service at the front desk was very friendly at check in, check out, and when we had questions. The room was perfect for our family getaway. Fridge and kitchen utensils came in handy. It was nice to have 2 rooms of space. My nephew slept well on the pull out sofa bed, and the double beds in the separate bedroom were very comfy. Plenty of closet space. Convenient to have the sink outside the bathroom when everyone is getting ready in the morning. Sofa was big enough for us all to hang out on to play cards or to watch a DVD on the in-room player. The pool and hot tub were a big hit. Well taken care of, clean, plenty of towels and lounge chairs. Very nice, and perfect for kids and adults. The grilling area looked nice, too. Complementary breakfast was the best we have had in a hotel in ages! Omelet station was great, and the rest of the spread was really great - fruit was nice and fresh, coffee was wonderful, oatmeal had plenty of toppings to choose from, good selection of pastries, bread, juices, yogurt. There were also hot items that varied the mornings we were there.

Location was good. We visited King of Prussia and downtown Philly easily from here. There were plenty of food choices nearby.

Would definitely stay here again, and now I will be checking out Hyatt House properties when I travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!