“Only One Complaint - Take the Trash Out Daily” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting

You added HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting to your Saves list
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 East Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA 19401 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites-Plymouth Meeting)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Norristown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Only One Complaint - Take the Trash Out Daily”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed in one of their two rooms suites with the family. Each room had a king bed, with a living room in between the two. The price was amazing for the room we got. The daily breakfast was fresh and hot. The $10 gift certificate to the hotel shop was a really nice touch. I like it when hotels do little things like that.

Our only complaint was that trash was not removed from the room daily. Those tiny hotel trash cans are really small, and fill up quickly with a family of four, one of which is still in diapers. Ultimately the house keeper was the one who had to deal with it after we checked out I guess.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. We heard every sound the room above us made. Nothing from the elevator or nex...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed overnight on March 29th, 2013, stayed in one of their incredibly large and comfortable King rooms. Unfortunately an unidentified noise kept me awake most of the night. I reported it to the front desk in the morning, more for their information since I was checking-out that morning. Less than 15 minutes later I received a phone call from Mr. Nicholas Demitry, Assistant General Manager, asking me about my sleepless night and offering to comp the room for my troubles. I honestly was not expecting this since it was only one night but I must recognize the professionalism and excellent customer service shown by this young man.

Saddle Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Hyatt House Plymouth Meeting is well set back from Germantown Pike in an Corporate Park with more open space than buildings. Once inside, you have the feeling that it is a very well cared for hotel, pleasant but short of modernity or of luxury. Front desk was more than accomodating to
myself and my wife, who is hadicapped and walks with a crutch. Having reserved our room thru a credit card reward site, I could not specify a handicapped room. The desk clerk told me that they had handicapped rooms with showers as opposed to tubs on the first floor. But having read my fellow tripadvisor's reviews carefully, I declined these rooms. He had handicapped rooms on other floors but with combo tubs/showers. I asked if they had grab bars in these bathrooms and he asked me to give him a few minutes to go and check. He did, and after ascertaining that we were Ok with a long walk from the elevator as these rooms were all at the end of hallways, he upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite with a grab bared bathroom. Indeed, one bathroom in this suite had grab bars by the toilet and in the combo shower/tub and the toilet was high. This treatment reflects a high level of caring and courtesy that is not always extended by front desk clerks. The suite was roomy, with attractive furniture and carpeting thanks to the Hyatt renovation(this was a Summerfelds Suites previously) but still a bit bland. Walls were painted stucco including the bathrooms, appliances in the mini kitchen had porcelin surfaces rather than stainless steel, which other Hyatt Houses that formerly were part of the Sierra Hotel chain have. The decor highlight were the bathroom floors which had real white tile speckled with black diamonds(a retro look). Indoor hallways to rooms were nicely lit, and carpeting was lively. There is a laundry room, and a gym, with an attractive seasonal outdoor pool Free breakfast is served in a nicely laid out octangled room with plenty of windowsl We were there on a weekend so we missed the evening snack, also served there on weekdays. As others have stated breakfast had fresh fruit and an omelet bar and was well tended. There were lots of children the morning we ate there
A word about the Hyatt Grand King Bed. It is a pillow top with a good foundation. My wife and I are not fans. Most people will like sinking into it pillowy cushions. My wife says they feel lumpy to her and I have trouble turning over in it. The very firm beds Hyatt used for a few years after they modernized their Hyatt Regency hotels were, to me, far better. The Queen bed in our 2cnd bedroom, while not as substantial as our King, actually proved a better sleep.

If you like a bit more luxury surrounding you, the Hyatt House in King of Prussia, just down the road, was a Sierra Hotel with slightly more upscale trimmings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed one night while in the PHL area. Location is removed from the hustle of the city but is only a 20-30 minute drive to downtown. Great reception on arrival, provided room keys, directions to room and asked if we had any questions. Room was immaculate with 2 TV's, fully supplied kitchen area, comfortable bed and extremely clean bath area. Paid $89.00 (AAA Rate) for night. Light dinner available Mon thru Thu, buffet breakfast was good with made to order eggs/omelets available. (This was just added and there is no sign indicating this service.) There is an outdoor pool @ the property open only during the summer months.
Only negative found - If you use the sitting area for sleeping, window does not have 'black out' curtains. Lights come through the installed blinds.

Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. Clean and comfortable. Stayed in the one bedroom with pull out couch. I traveled alone so the kong size bed was efficient for me. Got a great rate on hotel.com paid $88.00 a night. This place had you covered, if you forgot your cell phone charger you could borrow the universal charger. Location was great a block away all the restaurant and grocery stores were conveniantly located. You could utelize the kitchen and cook a good meal. Free breakfast was good, not much of a variety. I was able to buy a couple of beers when I returned late, there's a small store on premisis. Only down fall is no indoor pool, other than that this place is thumbs up.. ;)

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went with a group of friends were on a road trip and decided we needed a place to stay for the night. Our first hotel reservations got screwed up. I checked trip advisor on my friends I pad and this place was recommended. We took a chance booked 3 rooms. There were connecting rooms and 1 across the hall. The rooms were huge, 2 double beds and a sofa bed, free WiFi(a plus) huge flat screen TV. There was enough outlets to charge our phones & I Pads. Bed was comfy to sleep in, and pillows were good(most hotel pillows for me are horrible)
We did have the free breakfast, one down side because there was not hot water for tea only coffee( i had a had to wait until mgr came to bring it) and the selection of breakfast was okay not great. I didn't like if you wanted a small amount they only had huge plates on a high shelf you can't reach. My suggestion have small plates for children or for those of us who don't eat a lot for breakfast.
I want to thank the manager for helping us get into our room after all 3 of our keys didn't function, maid's master key- didn't work. So Mgr was called re programmed the door, still couldn't get in.
We went through the other room and left the night lock on the door locked(that's how we roll), mgr got a tool and we got out luggage. then left. Hey stuff happens. We were more amused than upset.
Overall it was a nice stay for the price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Smyrna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Check in was smooth and concise. Room was a suite setup with separate bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and family room. Nice desk to catch up on work. Free wifi made it easy to connect. The included dinner was great only beaten by an extensive breakfast.

Drawback to my room was room was very warm, wound up opening window in February, but I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!