“Great time!” 5 of 5 stars

34 attraction reviews
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We visited in July.
All the animals were out and active.
My kids most enjoyed the flamingos and the Tamarins.
The playground area was fun for all ages.
The zip line looked fun but we didn't try it.
My only complaint is that it took forever to get our food.
Overall a good time!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful small town zoo for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I went with my daughter-in-law a week or two after she went to the Philadelphia Zoo with her husband. She very much enjoyed both, for different reasons. Philadelphia can be overwhelming. The Norristown (Elmwood Park) Zoo is on a much smaller scare and very suitable for young kids.

Visited April 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Totally Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I happened across the website to this zoo by searching for zoos in PA. The website looked fantastic and I wanted to go see the zoo. I happened to be vacationing in Rehobeth Beach and decided to make the trip to see the animals. Boy were me and my sister dissapointed. We are from the Northern Virginia area so we are very well familiar with the zoo in D.C.

This zoo is located in a neighborhood. There is hardly enough land to have a zoo here. I understand that the zoo needs to charge in order to have funds to run programs and help feed and care for the animals. However, for that price, its a joke. The zoo is tiny and many of the animals barely have enough room to move inside their cages. I am quite upset considering all the great things I saw on their website,,

I feel that it was a wasted trip. I should have stayed in Rehobeth and went to the beach instead

Visited June 2014
Philadelphia, PA
35 attraction reviews
“Fun for the family without the big city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've been taking my kids to the Elmwood Park Zoo for years. It's a smaller zoo, but has the core group of animals one might expect. It's a nice stop for an afternoon with the family. Besides, it beats going into the city and the parking is free! This year we finally bought the premium family package which is for 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 guest for $125.

The zoo is clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. It has changed quite a bit over the years with the addition of new pavilions, vendors, and a new tree ropes course which is near completion. There are also some new animals, including the giraffes and birds of paradise.

Feeding the birds was a cool experience as they landed on your hands and arms and eat the apples you're given. You can also feed the giraffes, but we haven't done that yet.

If you want a fun, interactive day for the family, want to see some animals up close and don't want the long trip into the city this is the place. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to take their time, relax and enjoy the sites and sounds of a zoo.

Visited June 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
22 attraction reviews
“Little town, little zoo.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I used to live in Norristown. It was a blast! Go swimming in the quarry, get a Boylan's to drink and head off to the zoo.

Visited August 2013