“Oh my, where should I begin......” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Newtown Grill offers casual Italian cuisine. We features a great Bar and Lounge area in a contemporary style, an affordable menu with many entree choices starting from $13.95 to the $21.95. A Bar Menu, Happy Hour are featured daily. In the lounge you can choose at least 25 wines by the glass starting from $5.30. Filet Mignon Sliders, Imported Cheeses and a casual environment to watch our Hi-Def TVs. On Sundays you can bring your wine or beers. The Newtown Grill offers the Best casual Italian Cuisine on the Main Line, . On Sundays, we offer Brunch @ $14.95.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Oh my, where should I begin......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I hope anyone reading all of these terrible reviews would be smart enough to NOT EAT HERE!! We attended a 1st communion luncheon today and it was terrible from start to finish. I usually do not take time to write restaurant reviews but our experience here was one needed to be heard by other people!!!!

Cleanliness is extremely important in a restaurant, so I have to say the bathrooms were despicable!! Dark and smelling of urine I cringed when I had to take my son to the bathroom as the main multi stall bathroom was "out of order." My brother in law passed the "rotor rooter" man on the way out where his "rotor rooter" van was conveniently parked around the side of the building.

The dirt and filth overall was terrible. From stained chair covers to stained carpets. The silverware and glassware were also dirty.

The wait for the food was outrageous. We were given three choices and yet the wait was still 2 hours for our lunch!! Our group of 30 was the only group in the entire restaurant. We had several children in the group and they too had to wait a very long time for chicken fingers!!! How long does it take to cook chicken tenders!!?? It was obvious the chicken tenders were the same chicken the chicken parm was made with.

I tried three different times to get a glass of wine from the bar but no one was there! The matre D kept telling me there was someone at the bar but he was either blind or lying!! If I did get a glass of wine I would have to use cash as the credit card machine was "down."

I could go on and on; please save your money and go to a place that has hot, good food that is delivered in a timely manner!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Last Hurrah!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Delco....The Newtown Squire, Albertos has turned into one of the worst I've ever experienced in the "new" Casale's.
Service staff was friendly but seemingly inexperienced. Menu left a lot to be desired.Ordered a bottle of Chianti, was informed that the last bottle had just been sold. No Chianti in an Italian restaurant....go figure! The dishes we ordered were mediocre, at best. Bread served (after having to request it) was over-baked and stale. The saving grace of the meal was the Caesar salad.
I'm sorry I didn't see these reviews before we chose Casale's. Mistake made but not to be repeated.

• Visited April 2013
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Poor service & poor food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Attended a bridal shower here and was truly astonished at how unprepared the staff were. ... They were vacuuming and scrubbing carpet stains as guest were arriving... They didn't have napkins or silverware on tables... The bartender was a complete bittt and she kept on leaving the bar and assisting servers not doing her own job... There was no bread and butter or oil on tables... The servers brought out wrong meals, took my mothers plate from in front of her to give to another person then brought her the veal when she ordered chicken. No one ever came back
To check on the food so she just ate it . I ordered shrimp and pasta... I got FOUR shrimp... One of which still had legs attached and the shell/exoskeleton and the manager didn't do anything but give me the stink eye when I brought it to his attention, another manager or bartender whom we had not seen all day crossed
Right in front of me taking pictures of bridesmaids so he could get a beer. No forks were provided with the cake. The staff was subpar but then again the management actually seems to be even worse. They should honestly apologize to the bride and her family for providing lackluster service and cold and unappetizing food on what should have been a classy event. I would NEVER come here to eat, nor would I recommend this place to anyone but my worst enemy. You will get better food and service at bertuccis .... Which is precisely where I went for dinner!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“From average to worse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We decided to try this place since the changeover to Casale. Bad choice on our part. The only positive things were the bread and the spinach on my salmon dish. First of all the service was terrible. It took forever to get a server to wait on us or to even fill our water glasses. Then we realized the prices were much higher than before and it certainly wasn't due to the quality of the food. They priced this like a gourmet meal but it was no where near that. I ordered the salmon which was supposed to have some sort of a glaze on it. It was very blah and when we asked the waitress about it she said oh no we do it with just olive oil. This is not what was on the menu.
In addition they had no shrimp. Imagine an Italian restaurant with seafood and pasta dishes that had no shrimp! Then I tried to get the beet salad but they had no beets. Evidently their beet and shrimp shipment didn't come in! Didn't they realize there is a hills seafood right down the road and a great produce place down the road as well?
Glasses were all dirty. And all you could order was a glass of house wine and they didn't even have any Pinot noir. Unbelievable!
We had been here a few times in the past but this was our last try. Such a shame because it had such great potential! Huge disappointment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phila., Pa
“Disappointing all around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Since we received a gift card from relatives at Christmas for Casale, we decided to stop in for dinner. We were one of three tables in the large dining room and shortly after we sat down, the host sat another couple directly behind us! The waitress, although nice, was overly chatty, talking loudly and continued to talk to us while we tried to eat our salad. It was like a diner atmosphere, but not in a good way. Chair seat fabric was stained, carpet looks old and the place just looks dated and worn. Wine list was non existent since they said it is being worked on. Food was only OK - nothing to rave about. We were disappointed since this place was quite a popular restaurant years ago. It has definitely slipped and we will not be back. There are many other, better choices in the area.

• Visited February 2013