“Quaint and cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Quaint and cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good soups, salads and sandwiches. Being vegetarian I cannot give firsthand review of meat/chicken/fish options. The owner and chef has recently added a vegan menu. It is a good first attempt but the chef needs more experience with vegetarian food dishes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Yardley
“False advertising on a deal, mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bought an Amazon Local coupon to go to Cafe Con Leche. Had been there before a while ago and remember a pretty good lunch. Like the other reviewer, I was told the voucher was only good for dinner, even though it isn't written on there. Stayed but should have left. The food was mediocre at best, the service was slow. Called Amazon and got my voucher refunded. Would write to management to complain but no email on their website. I wonder why.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bensalem, PA
“Still Awesome And Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Went with a voucher and was told it was only good for dinner (not listed on paper), so I paid for the meal. That said, the staff was nice (the chefs son) and excited about the vegan menu! Black bean soup so yummy as was shrimp and pesto dish! Glad I went back because although the atmosphere is not ideal, the food sure is! Another great meal from cafe con leche! I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food most of the time. Prices a bit high and atmosphere lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I come here often and have for years. They make the best salad dressing I have ever had and you can buy it as well. The food is mostly yummy but overpriced, I feel. Desserts are lacking and the atmosphere is bland. I really wish they would redecorate because it is dreary. However, I keep coming back because the food is fresh and the area lacks good mid price level restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Improvements include new vegan menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had been to Cafe Con Leche twice for lunch and once for dinner and each time I left satisfied yet thinking small improvements could be made.

Yes, the food was always served fresh, hot and tasty.
But the place itself needed a small face lift.

I went in for lunch with two colleagues this month and was wowed by the small improvements that were visible right away - new tables! (Not sure how "new" because I had not been in in quite some time). Matching table cloths and a new all-vegan menu to supplement the existing menu.

We all ordered from the vegan menu, though none of us are vegan. I was the lone vegetarian, in fact. Two of us had a cup of the soup of the day, which was amazing. It was a sweet potato soup with kale, quinoa and many other fabulous ingredients that helped it pack 8 grams of protein / cup! We all had salads and left feeling satisfied and eager to return.

Aside from the soup, the best part of the visit was our interaction with the owner, who was jovial, welcoming and helpful. Her conversation with us made us feel wanted and appreciated as customers, and like we were old friends. I know I will be a return customer, for sure!

• Visited May 2013