“A Different Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dockside Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Tripoli
Dockside Bed & Breakfast
You added Dockside Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
6089 Herring Court, New Tripoli, PA 18066   |
Ranked #1 of 2 New Tripoli B&B and Inns
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A Different Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay after purchasing a wine tasting Groupon in New Tripoli. We saw the reviews of this place and figured we would give it a try. It is a beautiful house set in the middle of nowhere. The Elk Suite was nice. It was roomy, with a king size bed, jacuzzi tub for two, and a living room and kitchen area with microwave, fridge, and sink. It is a "theme room" so there are stuffed dead animals every where.. not exactly our taste but it is manageable.
The cleanliness of the suite left much to be desired. It seemed as though it was cleaned very well 6 months ago and then left until we arrived. There were cobwebs everywhere and spiders in the jacuzzi coming out of the jet holes.
There is a big lake and the guests have access to a gazebo on the lake, as well as a paddle boat. My husband and I wanted to spend our morning out in the gazebo, but were unable to because the owners were sitting out there. We found this a bit annoying, as they have their own "private" gazebo next to the house that the guests are not allowed to use, yet they were using the only gazebo the guests COULD use!! We ended up leaving and going to Cabella's in hopes they would be gone by the time we got back.
We did not like that there was not much to do in the area. We went to a wine tasting at Blue Mountain Vineyards (that lasted all of 20 mins) and went on a murder mystery train ride (save yourself the $36...). After that, there was not much to do. We went on the paddle boat a few times, as well as played some card games.
If you are looking for a place that can disconnect you from the world, this is the place for you. If you are used to hotels and love towns/cities, we would NOT suggest this place for you.
Although it was a relaxing weekend, we will not be returning here in the future.

Room Tip: The Elk Room is the only room with a fridge, sink, and microwave. Since everything is far away, we s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a weekend getaway for our 28th anniversary in September and decided to go back to the same place we had been for our 25th anniversary, Dockside B & B. We loved it there the first time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there once again. The last time we were here we stayed in the Asian Room, but this room was no longer available as it is now once again part of the living quarters of the owners home. This time we stayed in the newly renevated Elk room which is a totally seperate building from the main house. It is more like an apartment rather than a room! Living room, bedroom, bath are all very generously sized and the small kitchenette a great compliment. Once again the owner (Bob) was very hospitable and we picked his brain about things to see and do and places to eat dinner. Every place he mentioned was very good! If you are looking for a romantic, spacious, and beautiful place to go for a weekend to be alone with your better half, this is the place. The rooms and especially the bed, were extremely comfortable, and even though we didn't need it, there was airconditioning throughout the "apartment". These owners really accomodate you. There is plenty to do in this area and we wish we could have stayed for an extra day. The wineries and walking tours are fun, informative and tasty! Whether you want a quiet romantic weekend or get to know the area, this is a great place to go and we can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Be sure to have a GPS to see more and enjoy your weekend more.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were in Pennsylvania for a wedding, and decided to extend our stay by a week to celebrate our 5-year wedding anniversary. We booked the Elk Suite at the Dockside B&B, and it was incredible. We were not familiar with the area at all, so having a GPS was a godsend. When we arrived, Donna greeted us and showed us around the place. She even gave us a stack of brochures for local attractions and restaurants, which was really helpful. The rooms were immaculate and spacious; the bed itself was super comfy and soft. We used the jacuzzi nearly every night and despite its large size, we had enough hot water to fill it. On the sunny days, we spent time outside on our deck or over by the pond playing cards. It was so quiet and peaceful, and the view at night can't be beat! There was an air conditioner in both the living room and the bedroom, which we used a few times when the humidity got too thick. We spent our evenings watching DVDs and cozying up in the living room. We really enjoyed the breakfast at Katie's Restaurant (you get free breakfast vouchers), and actually ended up having a lot of our other meals there as well. Great service and fantastic food. For things to do in the area, we went hiking at the Lehigh Gap Nature Center, traveled to Jim Thorpe for a day, drove through the Trexler Nature Preserve, checked out Crystal Cave, sampled wines at Blue Mountain Winery, and traveled to the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. For being in "the middle of nowhere," we found plenty to do, and enjoyed the rest of our time just chilling at the Dockside. Definitely recommend for a quiet, relaxing vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a quiet place to relax and celebrate our anniversary. The Dockside's Bed and Breakfast looked awesome online so we tried to book one of their suites on the deck and next to the lake. We were lead to believe that the 2 rooms attached to the house and on the decks by the water were being renovated. The owner offered us the Elk Suite instead and told us we would probably have the run of the place when we got there. The day after we arrived we found out that guests did not have access to the docks attached to the house. We had to walk half way around the lake to even find a bench to sit on. They have changed their website since we were there. DO NOT GO THERE IN HOT WEATHER - THE ELK SUITE LOOKS NICE BUT THERE IS NO A/C IN THE BEDROOM, CEILING FAN OR WINDOWS YOU CAN OPEN. IT WAS SO HOT WE HAD TO SLEEP IN THE LIVINGROOM ON THE COUCH. SAME PROBLEM WITH THE BATHROOM - NO VENT AND NO A/C. To top it off we could not use the jacuzzi/bathtub because it needed a new stopper and would not hold water. We found this out after we spent 30 minutes cleaning the jet heads that were totally gross and looked like they have never been cleaned. I have emailed the owners 3 times trying to get a partial refund but they will not even respond. We booked this place because of the deck next to the water and the jacuzzi. This place is in the middle of nowhere and with little to do or see.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Elk Suite in June 2011 for our anniversary. We go to Blue Mountain Winery on occasion and we are familiar with the area. The room was clean and well maintained and yes you are left alone by the owners. There were a few things I missed when I compare this stay with all the B&B experiences in the past. Part of the B&B experience is the owners most are very welcoming and inviting, not so much here. No fresh coffee in the morning had to go a few miles for breakfast at a very nice local diner with a voucher. Had to request some wine glasses and got some well used thick plastic that you would get at a hotel pool party. Elk Suite is a 2 room suite with air conditioning in the main living room and kitchenette but not in the bedroom. It was warm in June, I would not want to sleep there in July or August. No internet no DVD player and the fireplace is nice but non-functional. Beautiful setting but not my idea of a Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Downingtown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Needed some time away with hubby and have had my eye on this place for a few years. So glad I finally made the call! The home was gorgeous, the rooms spotless and gorgeously decorated! We did meet the owners on the deck and chatted over coffee our first morning there. Very friendly people! We didn't have the best weather, but they now have a covered gazebo on the lake right off the deck, so it was very quiet and relaxing to enjoy a cocktail outside while the rain fell onto the water. If you're looking for someplace quiet for a night or two away, would definitely recommend. It does seem to be a bit "in the middle of nowhere", but that is exactly what we wanted! Like one of the previous reviews said, there is no "breakfast", but a coupon for a very cute hometown sort of place not too far away. I like that myself, as I'm not an early riser!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Northampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the elk suite in late october. I expected it to be really nice, but when we arrived i was blown away at how beautiful the room was. The room was very home feeling, and everything in the suite was spotless. The cleanliness is a big factor in where I like to stay and the room overall surpassed my expectations. Also the comforter was the softest and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! The room has a country theme and so staying there is like home away from home for us. I recommend staying here in the fall as the leaves and the area is breathtaking!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dockside Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!