“Avoid if possible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Express Inn

You added Express Inn to your Saves list
Express Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 East Byers Avenue, New Stanton, PA 15672 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in New Stanton
Warsaw, Poland
“Avoid if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have just checked in to this hotel. Already at the corridor I could smell some bad odour.
Room also smells bad, has broken wall, like if somebody tried to get out and not use neither door nor windows. Carpet is dirty, just like no one cares to vacuum it before next guest comes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manoj K, Manager at Express Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Prezi,
We are very sorry for your bad experience at our hotel during your stay in September 2012.
We respect our guests' opinions - They are our best advisers.
I just tried to dig in to all issues reported by you and realized that at present we do not have any issue like that.
As a new manager, I am kindly inviting you to visit at our hotel to mark our efforts and still if you find anything that we need to work on, we will definitely pay our attention on that matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Ok I realize I paid fifty bucks but that should cover a few minutes of hot water don't you think? You get what you pay for and next time I will spend the extra. Nthe guy at the front desk won't answer the phone and Internet says they open at 8? What? The stains on comforter and box springs are disgusting as well.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Shalinda,
Your feedback is very important for us. That helps us to draw our attention to the particular issues.
We apologize for your experience at our hotel during your stay.
We made efforts to resolve all issues you reported.
Our management is changed and now you can call any time during 24 hours. Regarding hot water, comforters and box springs also we took actions and now we are assuring you that your stay will be pleasurable if we will be given a chance to serve better to you.
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

For the money I wasn't expecting much. I received a warm greeting, clean room, towels, linen and bathroom! Will come again.:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear James D,

Thanks for your review. As you reported, you are appreciating our warm greeting, clean room, towels, linen and bathroom. This is all happens because of guest suggestions. Guests are the best advisers for us. We will always try to satisfy our guest more and more. Looking forward to see you again
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Having driven from Toronto, Ontario after work on a Friday evening myself and my girlfriend needed a base close to Falling Water to spend a nights sleep in and found this place for the outlandishly cheap price of $35.

It was fine, the bed was very large and comfortable, the room was clean and the air con worked well. Staff were indifferent but got us checked in quickly.

At 9am Saturday morning a fire alarm went off and we had no direction as to the severity of the situation but other than this the stay was completely fine and I would stay again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian O,

Your feedback is encouraging us to serve you more better.
As you reported, your stay with us was affordable and comfortable. And that's what we want to provide. But you had only one issue regarding fire alarm. We apologize for that.
We promise, your next stay with us will be without any negative experience and you will be highly satisfied by staying with us.
Looking forward to have another chance to serve you better.
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

After traveling for 2 years now for my job, I've never seen anything like this. Noisy all hours of the night. Dirty, then I saw the same person from the front counter cleaning the rooms, it only took 5 minutes, no cart, no vacuum. I left early.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lauren T,
Thank you for your feedback.
And we apologize for your negative experience during your stay with us.
Mainly, you had issues with our services. Regarding this, I like to inform you that our management is completely changed and for housekeeping we have different people working with us. At present, we are checking rooms after housekeeping is done. If we find any issue, we resolve it right away.
Our place is very quite now, we make rounds in all lobbies, so if we find too much noise, we can take actions.
Still, if you have any suggestion for us, please let us know, so we can upgrade our services more.
We hope you will give us an another chance and stay with us. We promise, your experience will be completely different and of course better.
Thanks again
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I found this hotel through one of those coupon magazines you see in rest stops, and figured I couldn't go wrong for $40 for a room with free Wi-Fi just to spend the night (I was driving from Detroit to Washington, D.C. at the time). Well, here's what went wrong:

--> A good hotel will have instructions on a table or dresser in the room for how to access their Wi-Fi (but my room did not; I had to get that from someone at the front desk, and that took a while because the regular front desk staff were--you guessed it--on vacation themselves)
--> They couldn't take credit cards because the credit card swipe thing didn't work
--> The hallway smelled dirty (I noticed blackpupchucky said something similar)
--> One electrical outlet did not work at all
--> The carpet in the room was not vacuumed
--> The climate control unit was set to "LO HEAT"--this is July, it should have been set to "LO COOL"
--> No Holy Bible--no big deal for me personally, but it might tick off someone who was really counting on it, and it was certainly a first for me
--> The door to an adjoining room was NOT secured--fortunately that room was vacant and I did secure my door to prevent anyone going into that room from being able to see into mine
--> I didn't bother with the continental breakfast--cereal in canisters and I shuddered to think of how stale they might be, given the condition of my hotel room and the hallway

ONLY things that went right--got a good night's sleep, and I enjoyed the dinner I had at a nearby restaurant called Szechuan Wok. But I don't give ABVI credit for either of those things. Because my mother also had a subpar experience at another ABVI location, I decided I will not stay at this chain again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear MarkRabo.
We apologize for your bad experiences during your stay with us.
First of all, our management is completely changed and if you will give us an another chance, we will take that opportunity to change your opinion for our hotel completely.
Here is how we work at present:
1)We check all rooms after housekeeping. If we find anything wrong, we resolve that immediately. So on check inn time we are pretty sure about our product (Room and facilities).
2)We have efficient, knowledgeable and very co-operative front desk staff at present. So if you have any question, our front desk is 100%able to answer right away.

Still, we appreciate your suggestion to put instructions regarding wi-fi internet in the room.

We are requesting you to be at our hotel again, so we can satisfy you this time.
And again, we always take guest suggestions very seriously.

Hope we will get that chance very soon.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place is a dump. Room didn't smell but dirty and there was a cockroach in it. Yuck. The corridor smelled something awful. I would never stay here again. Scary place. There was also an alarm outside that went off around midnight, we thought it was a tornado alarm. We were scared and wasn't sure what to do. We didn't see anyone else running out, so we took our chances and just waited out the alarm. In the morning found out it was an alarm for the workers working construction. Would have been nice to have been told to expect an alarm.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Your feedback is very useful for us and we are glad that we worked exactly on that issue.
As you reported in your review, housekeeping was the main issue.
We took actions and now, after housekeeping we have a room inspection process.
According to our new system, we are doing inspection of all cleaned rooms (including stay over rooms) and if our room inspector find any problem, we resolve that immediately.

I can see, you had an another issue of outside alarm. Looks like it was a temporary and outside problem. So, obviously you will not experience that problem again.

We are excited to see you again at our hotel, so we can change your opinion. We are very sure that we will make you very satisfied if you will provide us a chance to do so.

Please visit again and experience our new management.

Thanks again for your feedback

Been to Express Inn? Share your experiences!