“Loved Porches Bed & Breakfeast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Porches on the Towpath

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Porches on the Towpath
You added Porches on the Towpath to your Saves list
20 Fisher's Alley, New Hope, PA 18938   |
Ranked #3 of 16 New Hope B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved Porches Bed & Breakfeast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

We just returned from a 5 day trip to New Hope, PA. We stayed at Porches Bed & Breakfeast. There were 5 of us in our party and we stayed in ajoining rooms in the Gatehouse (on the Inn's property). Both rooms were large, beautifully appointed and included a private patio area. The service was impeccable and our hosts were friendly and attentive. We were served a great full breakfest each morning on the Inn's lovely wrap around porch. Another big plus for us was the fact that the Inn was very gay friendly. Although, they cater to both gay and straight guests, the Inn and the town are very welcoming.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Narberth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

How did we end up in the carriage house? That's not what we booked originally.
It was Spring Break and somehow we didn't have the kids. So online, the main house looked fine. And as we guided the land rover up Fisher's Alley it looked fine too. John, the owner, would have let us stay there if it wasn't for the sawdust, sawdust and more sawdust. You see, in off-peak season, it's the best time to break down walls and doors and cut things up because no one is usually there (except us!) And John knew that, as he showed us the room that was chartreuse! It was even better than what we expected from the online photographs. The marble bathroom was magnificent! We could have put our bags down right then, but John wanted us to just take a quick look at room 12 in the carriage house to see if we preferred that instead. So after a tour of this beautiful home (which has a very Southern feel with the Charleston style porches) we walked outside to check out the carriage house. OK -- no convincing needed! This place was exquisite! and private! and you'll want to stay in the bathtub all day! My wife took 3 hot baths while we were there. Porches is in a great location - off the main street, tucked back into a world all it's own. While you're visiting, you MUST eat at Marsha Brown's. It's the church that's been converted into a New Orleans style restaurant. And please ask someone to tell you Marsha's story -- you'll want to go out and convert a church to a restaurant too!
We loved Porches, even without the porches. We've booked two more nights in peak August when we bring our cars up for the New Hope Car Show.

Madison, CT.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

My husband and I went to the Porches on the Towpath, a B&B in New Hope Pa. and fell in love. The accommodations were out of this world and the location was very convenient to all the local and near by sights. The owners go out of their way to may sure you enjoy your stay. The breakfasts each morning were more than enough to get your day off on the right foot. We recommend it to any one looking for a unique place to stay and relax. Socializing is totally up to you.

Date: June 13-17, 2006
I have just returned from a 5 night 4 day stay at Porches on the Towpath, a B&B, and it was delightful! John, our host, is so personable and from the time I spoke with him to make reservations until I left, I felt like I'd been visiting with an old friend. In Louisiana, we call that "southern hospitality"! The accommodations were excellent and quite clean and quiet and the breakfasts were delicious and quite ample. The garden is lovely, and I enjoyed having my coffee and breakfast on the veranda each morning listening to the birds chatting with each other and watching the squirrels scampering about to "perloin" a few peanuts that John had placed on the edges of the porch for them. The towpath just outside the gate provides an area for those who like to walk or jog or walk their pets and the ducks on the canal are quite well behaved but are not against being provided with an appropriate snack. Just down the hill backing up to the Delaware River is the main street which offers a variety of lovely shops and restaurants. Should I travel to that area again, I will look forward to another stay at Porches!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Porches on Towpath and had an absolutely wonderful time. Settled at the end of a private alley you would never believe that Main Street in New Hope is literally a stones throw away. The two story wrap around porch overlooking the full lavish garden was a great hideaway to enjoy breakfast, listen to the birds sing, or watch the swans swim. John was a wonderful host and his great tips on hot spots to visit definitely made my husband’s birthday and our trip truly memorable. We can’t wait to go back!

Stayed June 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

My husband and I celebrated our 19th Anniversary at Porches on the Towpath. Although it was only 1 hour away from our home, we felt as though we were in a different world. Our room was decorated exquisitely and it was quiet and comfortable - we both slept wonderfully! Our breakfast on the Porch was delightful - great food, good weather, beautiful scenery, birds singing - absolutely perfect. The owner and staff couldn't have been nicer. We plan to return soon and highly recommend this lovely B&B.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2006

My partner and I went to Porches in late May to just get away. We were not expecting much, just a simple place with a simple breakfast. However, we were pleasantly shocked and amazed at the impeccably appointed room, well landscaped grounds, and fresh breakfast. They truly go out of their way to provide you with the best possible. We stayed in room 12 which had a king size bed, grand tub, and a separate shower. Shops and restaurants were in walking distance. We both highly recommend Porches. My parents even booked a room after I told them about what a great experience it was.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Porches on the Towpath? Share your experiences!