“Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope
You added Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope to your Saves list
246 W. Bridge Street, New Hope, PA 18938   |
Ranked #5 of 17 New Hope B&B and Inns
Sarnia, Canada
“Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice Bed and Breakfast. Room was clean and the breakfasts were good. One thing I would mention for those who like to get up early in the morning is that they don't serve coffee until 8:15 a.m. Thankfully we could walk to a Starbucks or the Dunkin Donuts both right downtown in New Hope and only a 15 minute walk. In this day and age it would be a good idea to invest in a Kurig or Tassimo so coffee is available.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very friendly! Room was VERY clean and comfortable. Not really into the "decor", very victorian and a tad over the top with the cherubs and such but that is just my personal taste and it is a victorian house after all. But this was my second time and would definitely stay again. Its between a quarter and half mile walk to the town center and bridge/river. A very easy and pleasant walk. Very beautiful area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was our second time staying here. We had such a blast and really enjoy the hospitality very much. The breakfast are delicious. The rooms are very clean and the whole staff is amazing and remembered us from the visit before. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Comfortable room, pleasant and accomodating staff, great breakfasts. I recommend this B&B highly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Oak Ridge, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The place was recommended to us by a local business. We are so glad we took the advise. We stayed at the The Fox & Hound Bed & Breakfast of New Hope for about a week. The room was small but comfortable. Buy hey, this is more like being at home and who spends all the time in their bedroom anyways? The staff is very friendly, breakfasts are absolutely delicious with a different menu every morning. (Although you can ask for your own special). The tourists and shopping areas are within walking distance. This is probably the best bread and breakfast we have been to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I wanted to book a surprise getaway for my fiance for his birthday. After reading tons of reviews on all the area B&Bs and comparing prices, I chose the Fox & Hound B&B. I'm very glad I chose to stay here.

I booked a room online but called to confirm that the reservation had been made. From my first conversation with Lisa, I knew I had chosen the right place. She was very sweet and looked to confirm that my reservation had gone through online. She also offered to give me a list of restaurants and make a reservation for me. I had already requested a reservation at a place but later found out that it was closed this past weekend while the owners were away. I called back and she helped me make a list of places to look into.

Lisa called on Saturday around 11 to let us know that there is early check in available on Saturday starting at 12. When we arrived, Lisa was at the door to great us. She checked us in and gave us a tour of the place. She also showed us a few of the other rooms that weren't booked for the night but we chose to stay in the room I had originally booked. We stayed in one of the Eagle's Nest rooms - #8 (Thomas). It was roomy, cozy and very clean. The whole place was immaculate. I chose this room because of the deck on the 3rd floor. My fiance is a smoker so I wanted him to have easy access to go out and smoke.

You can definitely walk into town from here but it had snowed the day we arrived so we just drove in when we wanted to go to the shops and grab a bite to eat.

In the morning, we were served breakfast. Lisa told us upon check in that breakfast would be served anywhere between 9 & 9:30. We got down there at 9 on the dot and Lisa was there right away with fruit cups for us. I wasn't expecting the breakfast that we got and I was very pleased. We had a choice of chocolate chip or regular pancakes with bacon, canadian bacon, or turkey bacon or choice of eggs, one of the bacons and toast. There was cranberry and orange juice, coffee and tea to choose from along with cereals and oatmeal. I got the chocolate chip pancakes and they were very good. I thought the dining room was so cute as well.

If I had to nitpick and complain about something, it would be that when we turned on the heat part of the electric fireplace, it was REALLY loud. So off it went.

Checkout was at 11. We just packed up and left the keys on the nightstand in the room or you could drop them off at the front desk.

We both loved our stay here and can't wait to come back during the summer. I would absolutely recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you can't tolerate a stall shower, like some people, book one of the first floor rooms. They...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Collingswood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife and i recently clebrated her birthday with an overnight stay at the Fox & Hound. Checkin was smooth and Michael greeted us and showed us the facilities, gave us some useful information and then then showed us to our room. the room was nice, not extravagant but very comfortable. We had a king bed and a sitting area with a gas fireplace that came in very handy as we had a very cold weekend. The room was very clean, a big plus to my wife. Kathy had recommended Marsha Brown's among other places for dinner & the place didn't disappoint. The restaurant is a converted church and the menu is creole, but had other choices as well. suffice to say we had a very nice meal and were thankful for the recommendation. after a good nights sleep we were treated to a great breakfast,. The highlight was Kathy's Peach French Toast Souffle'. It was just the kind of homemade comfort food that you hope for in a bed & breakfast.. Kathy was also nice enough to share the recipe with us. the only reason i didn't give 5 stars is because i've been in some other places that are more extravagant, of course they cost more to but i think you'll enjoy your time at the Fox & Hound. The people are very nice and you get a very good value for you money.

Room Tip: The red room, room #3 on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope? Share your experiences!