“food B+, service D” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Souderton, Pennsylvania, United States
“food B+, service D”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

had brunch today. went at 10AM when they first opened and there was only one other table seated. we were able to pick our table and sat on the patio out side which was nice for me as I am a smoker and was able to smoke there. after a few mins the server brought menus and took the drink order. took close to 10 mins for her to bring the drinks, I could see them sitting on the bar and almost walked over and got them myself. after about 10-15 mins she had not returned to take our order. I mentioned this to my companion and all of a sudden, the ?manager appeared to take our order. I had the brie and mushroom omlet and my companion ordered mac and cheese. after 20-25 mins we still had no food. again I mentioned this to my friend and the manager appeared again to tell us it would be just a few more mins and would we like another drink. The bloody mary I originally ordered had WAY TOO MUCH horseradish and I got a mimosa. about 5 mins later our food came from yet another server. the original server came to check on us after a few mins but was never seen again. the omlet that apparently took 25 mins to cook came out cold, the bread barely toasted. My sister's mac and cheese was warm but not hot (to me.) the food would have been excellent if it had been served promptly at the proper temperature. As I said to my sister, "did the cook look at the order, go have a few smokes out back, make a phone call, get some booty and then start cooking the stuff?" the prices were reasonable, menu choices all looked good and it was a nice atmosphere but the service could definitely use some polishing.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“mediocre food with a disappointing experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Was my first time to New Hope area and heard great things about Karla's. Unfortunately, we arrived early evening on a Wednesday to an empty venue with a few bar patrons present, hoping to have excellent service as we were the only table. Server was slow, inattentive and very dismissive. More importantly, the menu looked great on paper; however, upon delivery the food was poorly cooked, little flavor and sloppy presentation. I definitely will choose other options for my next visit as the area is extremely pedestrian friendly and beautiful scenery.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“The Best Fried Chicken and Mac and Cheese!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My Husband and I went there for dinner on Local's Menu Monday. The service was a little slow but the food and drinks were worth the wait. We had the pre-fixed menu. My husband had the fried chicken and mac and cheese and I had the spicy pork lion with sweet potato mash. The chicken and mac literally melt in your mouth! My pork was good too, pretty spicy but the sweet potato mash were a perfect combo. The drinks are stellar, a bit pricey but will warm you up for sure! We definitely recommend Karla's. The food is fresh and tasty and the atmosphere is funky and friendly. We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Funky but chic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The definition of funky, this tight, small restaurant, made smaller by odd shaped rooms and different levels is a real treat. There’s brick floors in one section, barnwood floors in another it opens out to the street making it seem al fresco even when you’re inside. The service is funky informal, the drink pours extremely generous. My glass of wine almost overflowed. That’s okay with me. The food was tasty. They had good hummus with home-baked pita chips. The Mahi Mahi Sliders and grilled Ahi tuna club were delicious. This is a real New Hope find.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Great Neck, New York
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I had our lunch there on a warm summer day, and we were very disappointed. We sat outside, where the tables were cramped and the table very rocky on an uneven surface. I had the crabcake sandwich, which was okay but overpriced at $16, and my wife had a hamburger, which was fine. The service, however, was horrendous. We waited about 45 minutes to get our food, though the restaurant was not crowded. After our lunch we waited another half hour or so to get our check, after asking for the bill twice. I finally had to get up and go look for the waiter inside the restaurant to remind him about the bill, as did another couple sitting near us. As the other couple left, the woman was shaking her head and saying "lousy service here!" We couldn't agree more. We would never go back there, with so many lovely places in New Hope with better service and food.

• Visited August 2013