“great food, perfect atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Logan Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 73 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Nikolas is located at the Logan Inn in the heart of downtown New Hope PA. Nikolas is a Mediterranean-inspired restaurant that focuses on seafood and steaks. We serve Lunch and Dinner daily, and Brunch on Saturday and SUnday. Nikolas offers both prix fixe and a la carte menus for dinner. You can enjoy these with your favorite wine or beverage, or you may choose to enjoy them with the chef's suggested wine pairings.
Nashville, TN
“great food, perfect atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

I definitely enjoyed my stay at this classy hotel/restaurant/bar. The food was well prepared typical American cuisine with several really unique recipes. Service was excellent, and the location is convenient to everything you could want in New Hope--shopping, food, and bars.

New Jersey
“Best steak in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

I was meeting up with a friend of mine for dinner and he said he said there was no point eating anywhere other than logan inn. Boy was he right!

I'm normally not a big seafood person but he ordered the crab fondue and I helped him finish it. It was *really* tasty.

I kid you not when I say the filet au poivre is the best steak I've had in the tri-state area. It was incredibly tender and had a ton of flavor for filet mignon. I can't rave enough about it!

As far as dessert goes, the waiter recommended the cheesecake, and told us that the owner had spent 2 years fine-tuning the recipe. It definitely shows. Its incredible.

I really don't understand how anyone can rate this place less than 5 stars. Although, new owners did take over in April, so maybe that explains it. I will definitely be going back soon!

pittsburgh, pa
“Great food, great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Pittsburgh, PA
“Excellent food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

Excellent food, great service.

Lancaster, PA
“Bad food, bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

We ate here because we stayed at the Inn (which was excellent!!) and they offer a $50 restaurant voucher for staying there on Sundays. We sat outside on the patio, which made for a very nice setting. The menu was nice, but fairly expensive (entrees ranged from $30-45). For these prices, we were expecting great things. We were wrong.
When we first sat down, our server was incredibly nice and talked to us for several minutes. When we told him we had the voucher, he suddenly seemed disinterested in us and wasn't nearly as nice. This should have been our first warning.
We ordered the crab fondue as an appetizer. It was fairly bland and tasted like something that may have come out of a can. Then our salads came. Swimming in dressing.
Next came our entrees, and that's when the real problems started.
My friend ordered the prime rib (for $39). It was supposed to be medium rare. The odd thing was, it was somewhere between medium rare and medium on the top (which would have been fine for her) but medium well to well in the center. (I've asked some chef friends who have said this isn't even possible to acheive without microwaving the meat.) When my friend told our server it was overdone, he told her it was borderline medium rare (which it really wasn't) and he could get her another piece if she really wanted. But, he told us, they still couldn't cook it medium rare because they cook their prime rib in the morning then stick it under a heat lamp all day, where it continues to cook. Then when they heat it up to order, the best they can do is medium. This would have been great information to know when she originally ordered it medium rare. Then, he must have told another server we complained because she walked by our table (twice) and practically stuck her face (twice) into my friend's steak. Then she walked about ten feet away from our table and told our server "I agree, it's borderline", which we could easily hear. Now we felt uncomfortable and embarrassed, so I didn't even bother to complain about my ($38) filet. It too was a little overcooked and probably the toughest piece of filet I've ever had. I could barely cut it with a steak knife. Luckily the sauce that was on it made it taste decent enough to eat.
Even with our voucher, we had close to a $100 bill with drinks and tip. I would never go back to this restaurant and would not recommend it to anyone.