“Stay away from here” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marsha Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in New Hope
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridge Street
New York City
“Stay away from here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

The food is bad and is a poor excuse for southern cooking of any kind. The chef is making an excuse for Creole food by presenting plates that are over-seasoned, over-cooked, unappealing and poorly done. It's what we call fake Creole because real Louisana cooking is not done here. What idiot would put salmon in a dish that it is not designed for (really bad court bullion.) The only thing authentic about this restaurant is what you see coming out of a bottle at the bar. While some folks maybe charmed by getting to eat in a former church building, they should be honest about how awlful the food is. Poor service compliments the evening and surly waiters seemed to have drunk too much river water. Avoid this restaurant at all costs and help the poor tourist find better food at anywhere else.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“$10 for a glass of wine...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

$10 for a glass of wine from a bottle that I paid less for at the liquer store. This is a rip off!

Monmouth County, NJ
“I've had better...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

My husband and I went to Marsha Brown on Friday, 12/29. We were both very disappointed. To me, creole is not very saucy and the flavors are robust and stand out. The food was over seasoned and over-sauced, and nothing seemed to taste the way it was described in the menu. The service was not only slow, but neglectful. They do have a nice wine list, but for the money, I would much rather go somewhere else. We went to Lilly's the next day for lunch and were much happier with our meal there. Next time, we will eat in Lambertville. Not as touristy, and much nicer of a scene than New Hope.

florida
“I Have To Disagree With The Most Recent Reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

After having just come back from dining at Marsha Brown's and then reading the most recent reviews, I have to say that I disagree. This was our first visit to the restaurant and my husband and I were totally impressed by the decor, ambience and the food. The restaurant is set in a converted church, which made it more romantic, dimly lit with candles yet stunning with gorgeous huge stained glass windows, a two story European style mural as the centerpiece when you first enter the dining area... absolutely beautiful!!!. The service was top notch and the food was "rich" yet delicious. To be expected with Creole food. There is no question that we would return again.

PA
“Odd experience, poor service and second rate food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

My husband and myself have frequented Marsha Brown's one other time and had a great experience. So we thought returning would be even better. What a mistake! The sevice was poor; slow and neglectful. We had so many wait staff that we should not have had to wait for spoons for our dessert or a refill of water, but we did! At times we were not even sure who was our waiter, our bus boy or other! The bread came out in a bag and we had to ask for butter! The meal was anything but good; the meat was dry and the jambalaya was basically just rice and beans. Our waiters were all odd, almost creepy the way they spoke to you, but also inattentive. We were sorry we returned especially given the menu prices ; you don't mind paying if the service is excellent. We definently will not return and do not recommned the restaurant at all!