“Great BYOB in New Hope” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 74 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our modern rustic fare expresses a simplicity which allows the ingredients to speak for themselves. With environmental intelligence and social awareness, we seek organic and local ingredients, from sustainable sources. Our food is prepared with proper intention and consciousness. The Hearth is located in one of the oldest buildings in historic New Hope, Pennsylvania. The building dates back to approximately 1720 and was originally used as a toll house for the ferry which crossed the Delaware River between New Hope and Lambertville. The building was listed as a salt store on a historic map of the area dated 1798. Over the years the building had many other uses, including New Hope's first library, and it is the home of the Hearth. Having our restaurant located in such a beautiful historic building, allows our guests to enjoy a unique meal in an intimate setting with stained-glass tinted light playing across antique wooden beams and floors, a gorgeous hearth and reclaimed sycamore and elm tables. The exterior of our building is delightfully accented by our sunny and floral patio.
Austin, Texas
“Great BYOB in New Hope”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We came here early on a Friday evening before catching a show at the playhouse. We originally made the reservation for 6:30 online with a note about catching the play at 7:30. The hostess wrote me a very nice email asking if she could change our reservation to 6:00 so we could enjoy our experience more fully.
I think we may have been the first diners of the evening. The service was great; we had two nice women serving us and checking in occasionally. Food was really great, portion sizes pretty small, but the quality was top notch. We had a salad, small plate (gnocchi-delicious!), entree, and a dessert for two and we were sated. Great atmosphere, really warm and cozy.
We'd go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great place with lovely people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Friends told us about this restaurant which we know but is under new ownership. What a great surprise. I am not normally into "healthy" food, probably a result of psychological torment as a child or, perhaps, I just live for good food. In any case, displaying my infinite flexibility, I was willing to overlook my preconceptions and went here two Saturdays in a row.
The interior is warm, cozy and inviting. It works for a casual dinner or as a romantic warm up. The staff is friendly, helpful and attentive and the food is really good. We have now eaten their brussels sprout salad and also the tart, the fig salad, the gnocchi, and their soup. For main courses we have tried the scallops, Cod, halibut and the mushroom veggie tart. Everything a little different, very interesting and excellent. For first timers, definitely try the scallops the fig salad and sprout salad. I am not a big dessert eater, but I am told that everything is worth the calories (in the interest of total transparency, I did steal some of the lemon pound cake thing and loved it). Add to this the fact that it is BYOB and what could be bad? Prices are reasonable and you really should try it. Especially during a chilly fall evening.

Visited November 2013
Pittsburgh
“Hearth is so tasty!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I planned a trip to New Hope to stay with my sister who lives in Philadelphia. The first restaurant I found online was Hearth. My sister is a vegetarian and seemed to be right up her alley!

The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The food was fantastic! The service was quite attentive, professional, and warm. I loved that it was a byob.

We had 2 very slight problems. My sister called repeatedly for reservations and it was very difficult for her to get someone on the phone, and I emailed the restaurant asking if it was cash only or not and never got a reply.

This restaurant is really worth the time. I loved every morsel of food and would travel to go back there again.

For your info, the restaurant is cash only, and the reservation wasn't really needed on a Friday night in October. It wasn't too busy. : )

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great new restaurant in Bucks Co”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our first visit and it was a birthday celebration! Two out of four in our party had fish for dinner and two ate vegetable options. The sides were imaginative. The food fresh and creatively combined. Two of us enjoyed the veggie capellini with cashew cream sauce, a recommendation of our waitress. We ate outside, but traveled inside to use the powderoom. The inside appeared very cozy. There is a BYOB policy but their soft drink options are delicious and out of the ordinary. I was sorry they were out of the lemon semolina cake, maybe next time. We were all very pleased with our meals, carnivores and vegetarians alike!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Not for my tastebuds.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had a terrine, and it didn't taste very well. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't enjoy it. The service was very nice and accommodating.

• Visited May 2013