“Atmosphere helps” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Pennsy
“Atmosphere helps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you can bear the Bucks COunty prices, the food here is of high quality and the atmosphere is lovely. Very romantic in a rustic woodsy setting. Some of Bucks best. But bring lots of money, cause it's gonna cost!

Clinton, New Jersey
“a little piece of the French countryside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

so charming, so French, beautiful location. good food. service can be "if'y. A bit pricey, but worth the occasion

Visited June 2012
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“The MILL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

have been a member of this lovely old Grist mill now used for the arts for almost twenty years.. It is a true treasure in the New Hope area with their famous art show, photo show and cabarets

Visited September 2012
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Terrible, horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was SO excited to go here for my anniversary and I was SO terribly disappointed with my experience. From the start of our dining experience our waitress with was disinterested and unattentive, never checking on us through our meal. I could have still walked away from the experience thinking it was ok but then it got worse. After we had to wait a ridiculously long time to have our plates cleared (not allowing us time to get dessert because we had a babysitter waiting for us at home) and get our check, we learned that credit cards were not accepted, which our waitress informed us very coldly and then walked away. My husband had to ask around about where he could find a mac machine (not anywhere close) and I sat and waited for my husband to return. I never saw the waitress again after she told us they didn't accept credit cards, she didn't offer to refill my water, did offer ANYTHING as I sat there and waited which I thought was extremely rude. Not once have I ever NOT left a tip for a waitress, not even this time, but let me tell you, we wish we would have left her nothing. Food was good, but the poor service overshadowed that. Why pay to be treated poorly when there are a ton of great restaurants in Doylestown and New Hope?

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carneys Point, New Jersey
“Pure Romance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Romantic is the Word! Excellence in French Dining!
I had the Pleasure to Dine on the Terrace at the Inn at Phillips Mill while visiting New Hope. Atmosphere is a Rustic 1700's Barn turned Inn. Location: BEAUTIFUL! Service: EXCELLENT! FOOD: EXCELLENT! I can't wait to come back to Stay a couple of nights when the leaves turn, and the fireplace is stoked! What makes this the best, is the fact it's one of the few restaurants in the area that's a BYOB!!
We Started off with the Trio de Poissons Fumes, Creme Fraiche, a l Aneth (Trio of Smoked Seafood, Dill Creme Fraiche), (EXCELLENT), then warm French Bread. My Date had Filet de Porc Braise aux Figues et a la Creme (Braised Pork Tenderloin, Mission Figs Creme), Tender, Juicy, Not Too Sweet, Cooked to perfection!
I had the obvious, Blanc de Canard et sa Cuisse Confite au Jus (Breast of Duck, Leg Confit au Ju), Crispy, not Greasy, Duck Confit, PERFECTLY COOKED!
We shared a Bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon I received from a friend!
To Finish, Les Desserts was Creme Brulee. Perfect, Not Too Sweet, Creamy with a Crunchy, not burned, top!
What makes this restaurant extremely attractive is it's VALUE!!! It's actually less expensive than restaurants in town! The 5 rooms they offer are cozy as well as the public room and fireplaces. The rooms are very reasonable also! This is a Must when looking for a Romantic Weekend. Plenty of Art, Museums, Walking trails, Wineries, Breweries, and Shopping in Nearby New Hope, and Lambertville! Can't wait to come back! Chef G

• Visited September 2012