“Just stopped by” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olivia's Bridge Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Olivia's Bridge Street Inn
You added Olivia's Bridge Street Inn to your Saves list
28 W. Bridge Street, New Hope, PA 18938   |
Ranked #4 of 16 New Hope B&B and Inns
phila
“Just stopped by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

While in New Hope for the first time in 20yrs we ate at Havanna and asked our waiter if he recommended a place to stay overnite. I spent 2 days this weekend on the computer looking for a place to stay overnite for Sun before MLK Monday holiday--- everywhere from Center city Philly to AC to Peddlers Village. Everywhere is charging a premium for Sunday nite because of holiday Monday. Our waiter suggested we walk over to see this place 2 blks away. The Manager was so pleasant to show us the 4 rooms that were open and In Jan they are running a sp of 99. inc breakfast! I right away booked the largest jacuzzi room and can't wait! The place was clean and quaint. There are 2 lovely rooms in the older part of home and 3 in new part. (1 is way too small) I wanted the one with the balcony ( in the new part of the home) but it was not open for the 20th. I did get the largest room and I am sure we are going to like the extra lg bath and jaquzzi and fireplace. All is in walking distance and hopefully it will be a warm as it was today!! No Snow!
I will rate again after our stay!!

Room Tip: Don't get the small room- too small and i didn't see the bath although they all have private...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Robbinsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The bathrooms were very modern also. My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Stephan House. It is centrally located to all New Hope & Lambertville have to offer within walking distance. The front desk attendant made us feel like we were part of the family. We would highly recommend this B&B.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

One of my favorite things to do is sit on a balcony with a good drink and people watch. The Stephan Room, which features an enormous balcony overlooking Bridge Street, allowed me to do just that, even though I stayed during December, when my porch haunting necessitated gloves and a hat. Still, New Hope is one of the best places on the planet to people watch, and this B&B is the prime spot for peering at colorful crowds while relaxing with good company.

Our king-size bed was oh-so comfy. The people working at the B&B were very kind and helpful. Free bottled water and coffee is provided, as is a large breakfast with bagels and quiche and other good things. And the location can't be beat. There's a Starbucks a stone's throw down the road (just a few houses down), and all of downtown New Hope is within walking distance. There's free parking, too!

If you are a light sleeper, though, you might want to avoid the Stephan room, or the Stephan House Inn altogether. The floors creek when people step on them, and there isn't much soundproofing with the old walls. But our fellow guests were pretty quiet, so we weren't bothered at all.

Room Tip: The Stephan room has a huge porch overlooking Bridge Street.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

It's really beyond me how someone rates this place a 1. Interestingly enough I believe I stayed in this reviewer's exact room (only one with the balcony door) and I must say it seems rather stretched and overly critical. I have been to places that were 1, places where the door came off in my hands, this really cant be considered in that category. I have been to many, many hotels and BB's in my life and by far this has to be one of the top.

BB's are different from motels ... they offer a more home/friendly atmosphere and The Stephen House really deliveres. The rooms are a little smaller but they are, in a word ... beautiful, and the size issue is largely due to it being such an old and historic home (another draw). We had a bedroom and just lovely atttched bathroom and a balcony which would have been fantastic hadnt it been December :-) The only, only thing I noticed was no TV in the room. But we were there to see the town really!

It is an old building so there is a quite rule after 10 which made sure all had a nice sleep. I came here for a short vacation of one night with my husband (we are a gay couple) and the owners, managers, and staff were just lovely. We were even invited to their post holiday Christmas party that night as guests of the house. They made us feel welcome and part fo the gang. Breakfast was in a lovely, sunny atrium with plenty to start the day in our tummies.

We actually came here because we had a BB Certificate and chose the Stephen out of many ... we ABSOLUTLY will be returning.

Room Tip: Check ahead of time on the website to choose the right room for you, the suite looks awesome!
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I brought my husband to this place for valentine's day last year. I was pregnant and we wanted to go on an adeventure.

The room was tiny (no bigger than our closet!). The mattresses were very old and I could feel a spring in my back. I complained to the attendant in the morning with no real apology. The ceiling fan wiggled noisily and we had to crack open the door because there was an air conditioning unit it the window. (this was February) The door to the room down the hall broke and while I was trying to sleep the owner/ worker was hammering and shutting the door over and over!

There was construction in the back right outside our window. We would have rather stayed in a motel 6 than this hole!

The only plus was the location. Walking to town was easy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This past Saturday we chose the Stephan House Inn for our annual Christmas party and had “run of the house” having rented all of the rooms available. The accommodations for the nine couples that attended were nothing short of fantastic. Each room, while unique set-up, was very clean and had excellent beds and bathrooms. While staying at the Stephan House you also have direct access to all of the common rooms, which is decorated very nicely with a combination of antiques and comfortable sitting areas. In the living room with the fire place we were able to set-up seating for 18 and contracted with the Pineville Tavern’s catering service to provide a top-notch meal on-site (everything was prepared using the Stephan House’s kitchen).

Michael, the general manager, did an excellent job working with our caterer and ensuring that everything went smoothly throughout the stay. The breakfast set-up in the morning was also terrific and I highly recommend choosing the Stephan House for your next trip to New Hope (all of the restaurants, shops, and taverns are within walking distance).

P.S. While we did not use these amenities in the winter, the Stephan House also has a great outdoor patio area as well as roof deck for the warmer months.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

A really fantastic place to stay. The house and its rooms were impeccably furnished and clean. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The food was lovely and fresh, and the beds were unbelievably comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Olivia's Bridge Street Inn? Share your experiences!