“Great Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Morris Plains,NJ
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went to Bitter Bob's for lunch had a great salad with shredded blackened chicken. My son had the sampler platter which he said was delicious. I thought it was a nice clean place to stop for lunch.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“A great place for comfort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife, daughter and I tried Bitter Bobs during this past summer while looking for a fast mid day meal and really enjoyed our experience. Soooo, earlier this week, we planned to returning there for dinner before heading to the Bucks County Playhouse for a show. My daughter ordered the pulled pork platter which she had enjoyed the first time we tried the restaurant. My wife had blackened grouper which was fresh and tasty. The turkey meatloaf that I ordered was some of the best that I have ever experienced! Accompanied by their version of mashed potatoes and very fresh grilled asparagus, I was thrilled with my meal. Our server did a great job, guiding us through the menu selections. Even though the selections are basic comfort foods, they are all good. We were made to feel comfortable and not rushed at all. We look forward to returning to Bitter Bobs in the near future for another great meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Their byline says it all, BBQ & Comfort Food- as promised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A party of 5, we were there for lunch midweek. We ordered a platter of hummus & Gorgonzola dip to share as we looked over the extensive menu trying to decide on our meals. So many things sounded good. We also ordered a side dish of mac & cheese to sample. Cheesy & delicious. My husband ordered the chili (it is gluten free). It had 4 different types of meat and was seasoned perfectly. Our son ordered the pulled brisket with collard greens- he loved every bite. Our daughter ordered a combination platter of various meats that were BBQed & pulled (beef, chicken, pork &
ribs). Our son-in-law had turkey meatloaf which he enjoyed. I, with the less adventurous palate and aversion to anything spicy, ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. Tasty but dry- I did not care for the bun, too mealy.
A lesson here- if there is a house specialty, it's wiser to order it. Everyone raved about their particular lunch. I loved the appetizer platter with the Gorgonzola dip & pita chips. Our server, Cheryl, was efficient, knowledgable and patient with our witty & sometimes raucous group. Everyone who had a BBQ item
really enjoyed the flavor and just how tender the meat was cooked. Cannot wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Somerset, New Jersey
“Best BBQ Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm a BIG fan of barbecue meats - beef, pork, chicken, whatever. I've sampled the regional BBQ sauces in South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia; I've tried chain BBQ restaurants in New Jersey. It's all good, but Bitter Bobs beats the rest hands down! His secret recipe sauce starts a party in your mouth at the first bite. I've dined at Bitter Bobs several times since my first visit in 2010, and I always leave happy. In addition to the great barbecue meats, the sides available to go with the barbecue platters are delicious. My southern soul adores the collard greens, prepared with just the right amount of bacon and vinegar. The sweet potato fries are always delectable. This isn't a fancy restaurant, so you can come as you are, BYOB and get away without breaking the bank. I dined in the outdoor seating area the first time, and have been indoors every time since. The wait staff is always attentive and pleasant, even providing some background information about Bob himself. I've taken my daughter and my husband with me on different occasions, and they were raving about how good it is, too. We will definitely be back...again and again. :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

As we searched for a place to eat on Firework Friday night, Bitter Bob's presented itself. It's a barbecue establishment with outdoor patio seating which we took advantage of. The service was sslloooowwww. The girl who seated us and fetched our drinks was unpleasant. Thankfully, she was not our waitress. Our waitress was hard to find and difficult to reel in when needed. She appeared overworked for sure. She was pleasant and apologetic.

We ordered the bruschetta pita chips and the nachos. The pita chips came with 3 different things to dip in. The chips themselves were ok, the dips were ok, the bruschetta was the best. The nachos were great.

Getting our check took forever. We finally were able to pay our bill and leave AFTER the fireworks started. Oh well.

Bitter Bob's is not on my list of revisits when I return to New Hope.

• Visited July 2013