“Superb Italian experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Reservations
“Superb Italian experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

First time here. Another birthday treat from my daughter and her husband. Slow relaxed pace in a tiny but homey environment... Felt like your in the home of that Italian neighbor down the the street. Joe the owner/ chef floated to every table numerous times during the evening. He made you feel like you've known him all your life... Bread and dipping oil provided. Four of us shared three different appetizer. All excellent! The freshest ingredients were used for sure. My entrée was flounder with lump crab meat... Out of this world... Dessert was a rich chocolate cake and a rum cake, also shared... Although admittedly not made in house was certainly from the fine bakery both were moist and delicious... BTW Remember it's a BYOB.... Reservations a must!

Visited April 2014

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Ask for the Limoncello Cake!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I dined at the Italian Cucina for the first time and really enjoyed the experience. The restaurant is very small, and you immediately feel as if you're eating at your parents' house. The smell of aged cheese and prosciutto tickles the senses upon entering. After being seated, the owner and chef, Joe, immediately came to our table and introduced himself. He then poured wine for us (on the house) and chatted with us for several minutes. He explained that everything is made fresh daily so we knew we were in for a treat. The fish is also wild-caught, which really pleased me, because I ordered the haddock. The menu is verbal because it changes from day to day. We both enjoyed our meals and appetizer but the limoncello cake that Joe sent us as a *treat* was simply amazing! Neither of us could eat another thing after dinner but, after a bite of the cake, we didn't care how full we were. We scraped the plate!! Overall, it was a nice experience and we will be back soon with friends. Thanks Joe!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Dining... Like I wish my momma used to make”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were referred by a neighboring restaurant after we told them we were looking for Italian food. By some miracle, a table was open (make reservations). Joe, the owner, was gracious from the start. The ambiance was seconded only by the incredible meal. We shared a cranberry/cheese/greens salad which was wonderful. The Sacatini was as smooth as velvet and the home made sausage was to die for. After dinner we shared a slice of lemonchello (I wish I had my own) which was moist, light and had just the right zing. A perfect ending to a perfect meal. Thanks, Joe, for making us feel at home. We'll be back again!!! Scott and Paula - Wilkes-Barre, PA

Lambertville NJ
“My Sentimental Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Living just across the river in Lambertville, there are at least 100 restaurants to choose from. Yes, we are spoiled.

Time and again, though, we return to the Cucina, our sentimental favorite. Joe and his ladies, Irena and Tonia, never cease to make us feel welcome and valued, which says a lot in a tourist town.

The food is fresh and always made to order....hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset them. They are only to happy to accommodate our vegetarian relatives. The food is always fresh and generously portioned which means that I don't have to cook the following night. We usually leave with three boxes. Bonus!

I love the shrimp dish which is in a lightly seasoned Cajun cream sauce. You cant go wrong with the crab avary which is all crab, zero filler. My friend is crazy for Joe's home-made sausage which could be a meal in itself.

Last week, the special was an awesome shrimp with brandy cream sauce which I ordered over their famous Sack-a-tinis, little pasta purses filled with cheese. Amazing. My husband had the same dish, but only with chicken. His was so good that the next table ended up ordering the same thing that he had.

You always meet interesting people here, as per the close proximity to the next table. This is the charm of the place...you never know who you are going to meet!

Helpful hints: you really need a reservation as the place is small and popular. You need quarters for the meters - or there is plenty of kiosk parking in the lot at the top of Mechanic Street in the old church parking lot. Leave your reading glasses at home - the menu is verbal. Don't forget to bring your wine BYOB. Try to save room for dessert, which is amazing.

Chuchville
“Best Meal Locally Available”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

If you enjoy good Italian food this is the place to go. All ingredients ate totally top shelf and fresh. It is small it has no written menu-- who cares? There is no restaurant locally that can compare to the food served here. BYOB and more seafood than meat selections but carnivore options and pasta options while not many are excellent. If you can get in go!

• Visited February 2014