“Beautiful Amish Countryside View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Haven Campground

Country Haven Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Holland
Country Haven Campground
You added Country Haven Campground to your Saves list
354 Springville Road, New Holland, PA 17557   |
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Beautiful Amish Countryside View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I paid a little more to camp here for two reasons. One, I wanted to enjoy the Amish countryside view and this place has it! Second, I wanted a place with a cottage, not a tiny little cabin, so my elderly parents could come too as they can't RV anymore. So, we both got what we came for, right? Well, for the most part. We definitely got the view and my parents got a roomy and immaculate cottage. The downside is that the owner's rules feel very rigid. I was given warning that my dogs could not bark with no exception, and I managed to keep them quiet all week. But it was stressful worrying about it all the time. We took the dogs elsewhere to exercise them just so we could relax with them. The same with my parents. The owner said they might not get their $200 deposit back if the house wasn't clean enough. So they didn't want to use the shower because of the work to get it spotless again. The owner also didn't tell us that neither the oven nor the dishwasher worked until we got there and gave no apology or reduction in price. My parents worried all week on whether or not they'd get their deposit back. (they did.)

The owners seemed like nice people otherwise and they came to see my parents off, which was nice. We're all glad that we went and enjoyed living so close to the Amish and enjoying the panoramic view of an Amish valley.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Country Haven Campground? Share your experiences!