“Three times the charm...” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   353 Lewisberry Road, New Cumberland, PA 17070   |
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in New Cumberland
Baltimore, Maryland
“Three times the charm...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I just got back with my family from our stay at the Days Inn at New Cumberland, PA. Speaking for myself and my family, I can say that our stay here at this hotel was bad. For one, the only room available for us to reserve was a smoking room. Which by the way I reserved the day before from there website so I guess I can't really complain too much about that. We had to change our rooms 3 times!

The first room wasn't cleaned yet, there was a used towel under the sink and trash in the trash can. Not to mention, there were ants crawling all over the floor in the bathroom! We told the guy at the front desk and he immediately checked the room out for himself came back and gave us another room.

The second room was ok I guess, except for the tv. The tv was like 30 years old with bad reception. You could barely get any channels on it. So we went back to the guy at the front desk and he gave us another room.

The third room seemed to be better than the last two so we kept it. Everything seemed to be fine, no bugs showed up in this room and the tv was good. But we were wrong, the night before we left our toilet decides to clog up. I call to the front desk and the man (a different one from when we checked in) said that he would check to see if there was a plunger available. We waited for a good 1 hr and a half. Nothing happened so I call back at the front desk and this guy has an attitude with me telling me that he could not find a plunger. Later on, maybe 15-20 mins, he knocks on our door with a plunger. He wanted to leave the plunger with us but i asked if he could unclog our toilet for us instead. Which he did, with an attitude again.

In conclusion, you definitely get what you pay for. I'm only speaking for the smoking rooms from this hotel. I don't know what the non-smoking rooms look like. Avoid the first floor smoking rooms, they are more smelly and dirty with bugs. The soda machine will eat all your money. Missed the continental breakfast, so I don't know how that was. Also, pictures don't really portray what the rooms really look like.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
morrison, colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2006

I have just returned from a two week stay in the New Cumberland, Pennsylvania area and stayed at this days end motel. My daughter and I were treated very nice by the entire staff and the room was fairly priced, nice, clean and well kept. If you are looking for alot of frill...the days end may not be for you...but, if you are looking for a decent, nice room with all the amenities that you really need to be comfortable...this is it...:O) It has a pool that looks like it would be fun in the warmer months and is near lots of resturants, bars, shopping and amusements. It is also near the military depot base where my daughter is stationed. The new cumberland community is a mix of very nice, friendly people and I enjoyed my stay very much and hope to return soon..:O) I will again stay at the days end as I felt very safe, welcomed and at home there..:O) Thank you to the staff at the days end motel and to the nice town folk for a wonderful time in New Cumberland !!...:O) Ella

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South

Address: 353 Lewisberry Road, New Cumberland, PA 17070
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > New Cumberland
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in New Cumberland
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn New Cumberland
New Cumberland Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.