“So rude!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“So rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I ordered a bridal shower cake from this bakery for the first time. I had never dealt with them before this incident and will never step foot back into their bakery. Here's what happened...

We went in to order a cake. Apparently, Mrs. Dingeldein sits down with all custom cake orders so that everything is communicated clearly. This is not what happened for us. A young girl took our order, no problem. She was very nice and I knew no differently than to give her my order. When we finally went to pick up the cake several weeks later, the bride's name was spelled wrong (which was fixed in shop). However, when we got to the shower venue, we realized that the movie quote that we had put on the cake was wrong and the filling in the cake was also wrong. So, I called the shop to let them know (this was a Saturday) that, while the cake was good, it wasn't what we ordered. The woman (one of the daughters) was very nice about it and very apologetic. She took down my name and number and said that the owner (Mrs. Dingeldein) would call me back on Monday. Monday came and went and I received no call. I called again that Wednesday and got Mrs. Dingeldein on the phone. She agreed that my gripes were legitamate. She said she would talk to her husband who does the finances, and would call me back on Thursday with a decision about reimbursement. Thursday came and went and no call. I called AGAIN on Saturday and spoke to the other daughter who was rude, condescending, and completely unprofessional. Before she put me on hold, she told me that she would go speak with her father but that he wouldn't be reimbursing me anything. I said that would be unacceptable especially because of the run around I'd been given over the past week and the unprofessionalism that had been displayed. She came back onto the phone with an offer of store credit. I explained that would be unacceptable because I did not wish to deal with their business anymore so a store credit would be of no help to me. After several minutes of her denying me any other form of compensation, she told me that if I were really that unhappy with the cake then I shouldn't have served it at the bridal shower. THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY UBSURD AND I BECAME UNGLUED AT THAT POINT. How does a business create clients who want to come back after having a conversation like this? Finally, I was offered 30 dollars back. I wasn't even looking for all of my money back, but I CERTAINLY wasn't looking to be treated like this. HORRIBLE way to do business.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Camp HIll
“A great little bakery with hometown charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Great breakfast sandwiches and a great place to spend a Saturday morning.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hello! Best desserts in...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

Hello! Best desserts in Hbg!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook