“Best Western, PA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   702 Limekiln Road, I-83 Exit 40A, New Cumberland, PA 17070   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
UPPER MARLBORO, United States
“Best Western, PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very friendly staff, great breakfast, great on and off US 83 in PA, only drawback is they still allow smoking in the rooms and building. So you may get a room with that stale cigarette smell. If smoking really bothers you, breathing and on your clothing then you may want to look else where for a fresher approach to life.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

great price, they always have coffee in breakfast area anytime of day. Hot breakfast is extremely good. Staff always so friendly. will defiantly stay again. Just be careful when using the pool bathroom it gets stuck and you have to force it open. defiantly will stay again

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love the Best Western in New Cumberland, PA. I stay there every two months when I go to Harrisburg for work. The staff are friendly and kind. Sometimes it is hard to get to breakfast because there are so many families sitting at tables it is hard to find a place to sit and often the food is cold when you finally get it. But other than that, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

melissa b, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We certainly appreciate when our property gets recognized for its customer service as well as other services that make our hotel special. As far as breakfast is concerned, it does get exceptionally busy but we are looking for ways to improve the quality. Thank you again for your review and we will see you soon.
Sagle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Breakfast in the hotel, but there are also plenty of choices around the area for a different venue. The front office and cleaning service staffs are tops.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

melissa b, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to read a good review and we appreciate you taking the time to write one. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.
Millsboro, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel a lot for work, and tend to be a bit of a hotel snob. My "go to" hotels are usually Marriott or Hilton. But since all of the hotels I usually frequent in the area were booked, I decided to give this Best Western a try. All I really need is a clean, quiet hotel with a friendly staff. It seems like such a simple request, but I am amazed at how many hotels (even the high-end ones) just can't get it right.

Enter Best Western in New Cumberland. The front-desk staff was not only very personable, but extremely efficient with the check-in process. The lobby was warm and inviting, the accommodations were clean and roomy, the bed was comfortable, and the free breakfast included more than enough selection to satisfy my picky appetite.

For the price, you simply can't lose here. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The top floor is smoking, so I'd recommend a first or second floor room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are excited to hear that we met your expectations even with your prior experiences in five star resorts. We do our best here to satisfy even the pickiest of travelers and do well in succeeding. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we'll see you soon.
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well where do I start........ when I first arrived at the hotel the hostess gave us the wrong room and then blamed it on the fact that we made reservations online. Then after what seemed like hours she gave us the right room, which the fire place did not work, so we called down to send someone to fix it after 45 minutes of waiting no one showed up and then we called back down to cancel and then they sent some one up anyway came in the room and pushed the start button and said " Oh it doesn't work". So thinking I could finally relax the alarm clock went off and 1AM. Then they processed to call at 8:30am to tell us our room was ready. They sent us back to the first wrong room. Then after discussing the wrong room yet again told me that the room we reserved is was no longer over book but it was red flagged for maintenance. So the room they placed us in was a smoking room which was so disgusting and tobacco filled I could barely breathe that I had to purchase febreeze and scented candle to even be able to bare staying there. Tried to recover what was left of our stay went down to the pool which was GREEN and ill maintained at best. After explaining several times to the staff that we came a day early and reserved a specific room with a jaquzzi because we had planned on that being our relaxation for Saturday instead we got about a hour in the jaquzzi room. After being a loyal customer of best western staying in them already several different times this year. We are greatly disappointed and are debating ever staying in a best western again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

melissa b, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you suffered during your stay with us. We very much value you as a guest and a Best Western's Reward Member and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Bordentown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

We stayed at this hotel really as a pit-stop between where we had started the day and where we were going, so don't really know much about the area. For some reason we did not get the room I thought I had booked, but could have been my fault for booking online and not selecting the correct options... not sure. Really wanted the room with the Jacuzzi. Had a smoking room, and it sure smelled like it, but I guess that's to be expected. Didn't get a chance to use the pool, unfortunately. Staff was very nice and room was overall good. Heat didn't seem to work right. Liked that the remote was clean and in its own little bag... little things! Breakfast was good, the staff person worked hard to keep things full and guests satisfied. Nice big counter in the bathroom for all my girly stuff. I'm not that picky, just glad it was clean and everything worked. Bed was a little too hard for me, though... but some people like that!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to get the type of room you want.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
melissa b, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for writing a response on Tripadvisor. We're happy to hear that even though you had an issue with the wrong room type it didn't reflect on the rest of your stay. Booking online can be tricky and mistakes do get made on both ends but we do our best to rectify any and all situations that arise. The breakfast here is one of my favorites and comes highly recommended. We're sorry to hear that you had some issues within your room but are certainly looking into the problems stated. Thank you again for your comments and hopefully we'll see you soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!