“Nice, but” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   702 Limekiln Road, I-83 Exit 40A, New Cumberland, PA 17070   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Warrington
“Nice, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice size room with two queen beds and a folding couch. First room had no hot water and had to move at 10pm after settling in. The breakfast was the average free one. Nothing to write home about, but good enough to get you going, Room could have been cleaner. The wife found a old hair band on the floor.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

however the property itself appears well maintained. The breakfast leaves much to be desired. If you are looking for a place to stay that you can feed your family before you leave for your trip then you won't want here, I'm not sure they know what "deluxe" is. We base our stays on the free breakfast since it saves us money as a family of 5 by not having to eat out. However donuts/cereal are not what I call deluxe. The eggs were rubbery & the bacon or sausage their website promises was nowhere to be found and the coffee was so weak I'm surprised it didn't lay down & die on the spot. We chose to stay here based on the website description and a talk with the 1-800# staff. As far as convenience it was directly off the highway, there was little to no noise during the night from within or without the hotel (a big plus) and it's within a 20 minute drive to Hershey Park/Chocolate World. So if you're willing to overlook the breakfast issue you'll enjoy staying here, otherwise find another hotel.

woodbridge, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

the bathrooms were dirty and had hair on the floor, noticable as if floor was sqept but not cleaned good. the one room smelled like stale smoke(smoke free room). we were given second room which appeared cleaner but we cleaned the bathroom anyway and the black on the wash clothe said it all.no offer from staff to make up for issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Linwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We came down for a cattle show at the Farm Complex. Very accessible from the farm show complex. Staff was pleasant and very helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean. We enjoyed our stay. Did not get to enjoy the facility amenities but they were presented well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Do not stay here if you are going to Hershey park. This hotel is the same as a Budget Inn or Budget host inn closer to the hotel. Dirty, noisy, not adequate bedding, run down, un-attentive staff......

Room Tip: If you must, get a top floor room.
New Cumberland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The rooms were nice and spacious, and the continential breakfas was very nice. The overall condition of the hotel was not very clean. There were popcorn or crackers or something on the floor of the 3rd floor the whole time we were there. The bathroom in our room looked like there were old blood stains on it. The elevators, which were right on the other side of the wall of my room, buzzed very loud every time the doors opened, which was disruptful in our bedroom. I was told by a couple of the families who were were travelling with that they were able to obtain the government rate, without showing an ID Card, when I mentioned that I had forgotten mine. When I asked the manager if I could get the government rate with out the card, I was told that I could not. I understand the policy that the card needs to be shown, but when other families didnt have to, but I was told that I would need to, I thought that was unfair. (I do have a Government Issued CAC Card). The day that we arrived at the hotel, there was a water issue so, I wonder if the rooms were properly cleaned. Judging from the state of the floor in my bathroom, I would think probably not.

Trafford, Pennsylvania, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Upon arrival the hotel looked very nice, the King Suite looked ok but was not super clean, the Jacuzzi drain was stuck so could not use. After driving for hours we wanted to go to the pool and hot tub to relax. The hot tub was cloudy and when running has about a two inch foam all around the sides plus the fact the place was full of out of control children with parents sitting outside of the pool area not watching what was going on inside, so much of a relaxing evening by the pool. The full breakfast consisted of egg discs and sausage links, also the same for Saturday. Sunday was scrambled eggs, little biscuits & sausage gravy. The coffee was from a instant machine!! We went out for breakfast the entire weekend. On Saturday morning we woke to find "cockroaches" in the bathroom!!! That morning I was at the front desk and we were moved to another room, well this room was less than the one before with dirty floors in the bathroom, no chair and broken furniture and hair in the Jacuzzi that did not come from someones head! Since this was the fourth of July weekend plus the fact that a baseball play off were in town we were stuck at this "far less than best western hotel". Checked out the next morning and will never stay at this hotel and if the Best Western people consider this to be a Best Western Plus hotel I am very concerned about the Best Western Chain of hotel in general.

Room Tip: When in the Harrisburg Pa. area stay far away from this hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!