“Hershey Park Family Stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   702 Limekiln Road, I-83 Exit 40A, New Cumberland, PA 17070   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Ashburn, Virginia
“Hershey Park Family Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Do not stay here if you are going to Hershey park. This hotel is the same as a Budget Inn or Budget host inn closer to the hotel. Dirty, noisy, not adequate bedding, run down, un-attentive staff......

Room Tip: If you must, get a top floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Cumberland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The rooms were nice and spacious, and the continential breakfas was very nice. The overall condition of the hotel was not very clean. There were popcorn or crackers or something on the floor of the 3rd floor the whole time we were there. The bathroom in our room looked like there were old blood stains on it. The elevators, which were right on the other side of the wall of my room, buzzed very loud every time the doors opened, which was disruptful in our bedroom. I was told by a couple of the families who were were travelling with that they were able to obtain the government rate, without showing an ID Card, when I mentioned that I had forgotten mine. When I asked the manager if I could get the government rate with out the card, I was told that I could not. I understand the policy that the card needs to be shown, but when other families didnt have to, but I was told that I would need to, I thought that was unfair. (I do have a Government Issued CAC Card). The day that we arrived at the hotel, there was a water issue so, I wonder if the rooms were properly cleaned. Judging from the state of the floor in my bathroom, I would think probably not.

Trafford, Pennsylvania, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Upon arrival the hotel looked very nice, the King Suite looked ok but was not super clean, the Jacuzzi drain was stuck so could not use. After driving for hours we wanted to go to the pool and hot tub to relax. The hot tub was cloudy and when running has about a two inch foam all around the sides plus the fact the place was full of out of control children with parents sitting outside of the pool area not watching what was going on inside, so much of a relaxing evening by the pool. The full breakfast consisted of egg discs and sausage links, also the same for Saturday. Sunday was scrambled eggs, little biscuits & sausage gravy. The coffee was from a instant machine!! We went out for breakfast the entire weekend. On Saturday morning we woke to find "cockroaches" in the bathroom!!! That morning I was at the front desk and we were moved to another room, well this room was less than the one before with dirty floors in the bathroom, no chair and broken furniture and hair in the Jacuzzi that did not come from someones head! Since this was the fourth of July weekend plus the fact that a baseball play off were in town we were stuck at this "far less than best western hotel". Checked out the next morning and will never stay at this hotel and if the Best Western people consider this to be a Best Western Plus hotel I am very concerned about the Best Western Chain of hotel in general.

Room Tip: When in the Harrisburg Pa. area stay far away from this hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nighttime check in staff was very friendly and helpful as was the lady who set up the breakfast. However, when we checked in I noticed there was hair on the toilet seat in the room and the bathroom floor was dingy. The last night of our stay our room wasn't cleaned and I later discovered there were others as well. The staff apologized however, no compensation was given (I thought at the very least the hotel should have given some reward points). Note to Management: The hot and cold water in the shower are reversed and I am sure you are aware of this. You might want to fix this as I am sure there is an attorney out there who would love to take the case once someone is scalded.

Venie, FL, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Less amenities than a regular Best Western and rooms need updating. Room was OK, quiet & beds were comfortable, but sone desk staff were not very helpful. Hotel was hard to find from I-81E with no directions provided from that directions on the website.

Paterson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Please if you are looking for a hotel near Hershey Park, Please visit the Best Western PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites, New Cumberland, PA. The staff Justin & Bethany will take great care of you.. Excellent Customer Service and wonderful place to stay..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel was conveniently off the highway. We had a speedy and efficient check-in. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was up to date, clean and spacious. The pool was relaxing, great way to end our evening. Would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!