“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   702 Limekiln Road, I-83 Exit 40A, New Cumberland, PA 17070   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I just loved this hotel. I was on my way home from from a very long trip and this is just what I need. Everyone was so sweet and the room was great I just loved the look of it. I was wasnt sure how to take all the bad reviews. There was nothing wrong with anything. Breakfast was great! I was going to just eat at the bob evens there but then I saw the breakfast and was like oh how nice. The hole hotel looked like they had to redone everthing. The manger even gave me a discount at check in said there was a manger rate for the night I was there. I told everyone that when they are going this way they should stay there. All my friends cant wait. Even one of my friends who stay with Pc said he was going to stay here and not at the Hoilday Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Travis S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Do yourself a favor and stay at the holiday inn down the street. Heck, even sleeping in the turnpike underpass would be a more pleasant experience than staying at this Best Western.

The staff and management were rude. The breakfast area was filthy. Our reservation was booked wrongly numerous times.

The only good experience was walking out the door and realizing I would never have to go back there again.

Franklin Furnace, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Well, I read the reviews and thought this would be a great place to stay for my wife and I's first anniversary trip to Hershey, Pa. I'll start with the pro. The area and motel are pretty quiet, except for a little bit of highway noise.
Now the CONS. I knew ahead of time that the check in time was 3 o'clock. But we got there at 12:45. I went in anyway just to see if there was any way of checking in early, which I have done several times before at other motels. I went in and there was a man sitting in a little side office. He asked me when I came in if I was checking in, kind of in a friendly way. I said yes and that I knew I was pretty early for check in. He told me, without looking back at me, that "Check in is at 3!" I know that they have to have time between check out and check in to clean the rooms. Or so I thought! Read about the room down below. So my wife and I left and came back after check in time. There was someone different now.

I reserved a king room. When I went to check in she told me that all they had were rooms with two queen beds. I told her that I reserved a king room. She had my reservation sheet that I had printed out in front of her. She told me again that all they had were two queen beds,and that it was bigger anyway. No sorry, no "I don't know how that happened", just asked if that would be okay. It had to be! She acted like things like that happen all the time, no big deal!

My wife and I brought our things in and used the stairs to go to the second floor. I thought I was the only one that noticed it, but my wife did also. THE STAIRS WERE FILTHY! I figured that maybe there had just been a lot of people using them. Until we got into the room.

Oh, the room! We went in and it looked good from a distance. The first thing I found was about 6 long blonde hairs on the table. YOU COULD NOT MISS THEM! And everything was covered in dust. Not just a little bit of dust, but A LOT of dust. The table, the nightstands, the television and even the phones! Everything! The message light was blinking on the phone when we went in. I called and told the girl at the front desk. She told me to call the voice mail number and it would tell me if there was a message and how to save or delete it. I knew it was not for us, we had just checked in and no one knew where we were staying. So I guess she was telling me to "take care of it myself." It was just someone hanging up, but it was from like a day or two before. You would think that someone would take care of that between guests. I went to put some pop into the fridge and looked into the freezer part to put a bottle in there so it would get cold faster. I pulled out a half used box of corn dogs. I took the box of corn dogs and the hairs down to the front desk and told her that I didn't need either one. And told her about the dust. She said "These were in the freezer?" I said yes. That was pretty much it. I guess that happens all the time also.
So we went out to eat and decided to leave a day early to go to the beaches in Delaware. We came back and I went back to the desk to shorten our stay. When I got there there was a sign that said something about "Assisting another guest, be back in a minute." So I waited for a couple of minutes, until she noticed me through the door, where she was out smoking! Not sure how that was helping another guest. Needless to say we were just glad to get out of there. Would I recommend this motel? NO WAY!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore,Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My stay at the Best Western Plus in New Cumberland Pa. Was great the staff is great. I would stay here again and again. I told all my friends about it. They can't wait to try it out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The staff was just awful. At night, the front desk agent couldn't even button his shirt. Half the time there is no one at the desk. You can stand there for 10, 20 minutes before anyone shows up.

My kids and I had to leave the breakfast area because the hotel staffer got into a yelling match with a guest because the guest wanted syrup. It was awful - my kids were scared. We went down the road to McDonalds.

The rooms appeared clean, but the beds are not comfortable. Maybe I am spoiled because I normally stay at Marriotts.

I can't say the rest of the hotel was clean. When I checked in on Friday, there were broken up cookies all over the elevator. When I checked out on Monday, the cookies were still all over the elevator floor. Are you going to tell me that NO staff member used the elevator all weekend? That's the problem with this hotel - no one cares.

I will never stay here again.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I can't tell you how horrible I thought this hotel experience was. This is actually the first time I have ever left feedback, but I was so upset with this hotel, I feel like I have to.

Reservations: I reserved three rooms, non-smoking with two queen beds, for my wedding weekend (I am the groom). Each room was to check-in on Friday, July 13th and check-out on Monday, July 16th.

I called on Friday around 3:00pm to confirm the rooms and to let the front desk staff know that the rooms would be checking-in late. I got the confirmation numbers and was told that everything was all set.

Two of my rooms checked in with no problems around 11pm. I went to check-in to my room around 12:30am. Upon approaching the front desk, no employee could be found. Ten minutes later a gentleman came back from his "smoke break" wearing an unbuttoned Best Western shirt and dirty white T-shirt underneath. This is when things turned from bad to worst.

I was told that my reservation was no longer available. I could take a smoking, king bed for Friday night, but I would not have a room for Saturday night (my wedding night). But, if I wanted to, I could check back into the hotel on Sunday and have a room with two beds.

Why was I not told this when I called earlier in the day? I have worked the front desk before at a hotel and when we overbooked and had to bump guests, we made arrangements for those guests at other hotels and covered the cost. This was not done here.

This was also the first time I stayed at a Best Western - which I will probably not do again.

So, I had to find another hotel to stay at - the Fairfield Inn & Suites, New Cumberland.

My fiance stayed in one of the other rooms I had reserved and she said the room was clean - basic - nothing special. The beds are not as comfortable as other hotel chains.

My fiance's brother and her two kids went to breakfast on Saturday morning and literally had to listen to the breakfast staff members get into a shouting match with a guest. The guest was getting annoyed that it was taking so long to clean and replenish the food, and the staff member just "exploded" according to my brother. It was so uncomfortable he took the kids to McDonald's fo food.

He later took the kids to the pool, which lists its hours as opening at 9am. It was 9:15am and the pool area was locked. He asked the front desk about this and the staff members said he was "too busy" to unlock the pool, and that he would get right to it. 30 minutes later the pool was still not unlocked.

We were so upset with the hotel that I went to check my fiance's room out a day early (we just wanted to get out of there) and I had to wait in line for over 30 minutes on Sunday. The man behind the desk said their computer systems were not working properly, and that it was taking approximately 10-15 minutes to check a room out. I have never heard of this before.

I paid for the room, got a receipt and was also surprised to hear that they had a reservation under my name checking in on that evening. This must have been the second half of the reservation they cancelled and changed. I told him I wanted to cancel that reservation and he gave me a cancellation number.

My fiance and I went to stay at the Fairfield.

The next morning, Monday, I went in to check-out the last remaining room. To my surprise, I STILL HAD THREE ROOMS checked in to the hotel! Even though I had a receipt for the one room, and a cancellation number for the second, they were both active in the system.

I told the front desk employee about all the problems we had, and he did not offer anything in return. No discounted rate, no amenities, nothing.

I read the reviews prior to booking this location and the hotel sounded acceptable. I could not be more displeased - especially on a weekend where I was getting married.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here. The rooms were basic but the staff is downright awful.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed two weekdays and two weekend days.

Cleanliness: The hotel is very clean and neat and well-cared for. The rooms were meticulous, and the breakfast area was kept up on weekdays. During the weekend breakfast time, the staff seemed a little thin for the size of the crowd. The gym was clean, the pool was clean and stocked with clean pool towels.

Location: Very centrally located. We spent time in Carlisle, Harrisburg, and York for dinner, visiting, and househunting, and we were able to get to any location within a half hour. If you're just coming from the airport and staying for stuff nearby, it's wonderful, but if you are going to be using other places in the region, it's very convenient. We didn't travel to Hershey, though it still seemed to be within a half hour, too. The hotel is right off I-83, just near the junction with the turnpike. There's construction going on at that part of I-83, but it's carried out mostly on weekends and after hours, and the roads are still fully accessible.

Staff: The breakfast staff is a little swamped, but capable. The weekday desk guy is a dream. The staff that serves the room were fantastic. Overall staffing seemed a bit slim. Some problems with couples checking out and needing special attention resulted in a half-hour backup and a super long line at the front desk.

Rooms: We had two two-queen rooms for a family of five. The rooms have large refrigerators, updated bathrooms, and very comfortable beds. With the window unit running, you don't hear the interstate. We didn't hear noise between the walls. There's a smell of cigarettes in the third floor hallway, but that never carried into the rooms.

I would stay here again, unquestionably.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!