“Stay here and save $$ compared to Hershey hotels” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West/ New Cumberland

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West/ New Cumberland to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West/ New Cumberland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Beacon Hill Boulevard, New Cumberland, PA 17070   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
“Stay here and save $$ compared to Hershey hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Located in an industrial park off of 11/15, this hotel was much less expensive than ones on the east shore (nearer Hershey attractions). The drive to tourist places is easy; so, save some money. The room is comfy but not exceptional. Staff friendly and, once you orient yourself, the place is easy to navigate. This is definitely better choice for the value.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ypsilanti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while on a trip to vist Hershey Park.

This was a modern and well equipped hotel. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Accomodations were typical of this hotel chain which means nice but very small indoor pool and hot tub, very nice (and small) exercise room, Very nice decor, etc.

Complimentry breakfast was OK. Very nice for families that are trying to keep their travel cost down. The only complaint I had was our room smelled like the previous tenants had smoked an ounce of pot. May not be bad for some but it was a little annoying.

I informed the hotel and they came and sprayed some deoderizer while we were away. Toook care of it for a while but it returned. Didn't bother us enough to request a different room.

It was nice and cool in the hotel and was fairly quiet. You can here some noises from other rooms but not too bad.

Close to stores and resteraunts.

I requested a room on the "quiet" side (away from the freeway) as other reviews had suggested. Noise was not bad but it was still too loud to sleep with windows open.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would return without hesitation.

Sorry no pictures of the room itself.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and had no complaints. I am glad we were not near the lobby as there can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Davidsonville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We only stayed here for one night so that we could ski at Roundtop, but the property was nice and clean and fairly new. The breakfast was great for my kids. All in all, it was a good stay. The one negative I would say is that the property is pretty new and my GPS could not find the street. The street is actually a new continuation of an existing street on the other side of town, so we spent a lot of time driving around the old section of town looking for the hotel. If we go back to Roundtop next year, we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I normally check tripadvisor before booking a reservation but didn't as I was looking for a place to stay on our drive back home from a Cape Cod vacation. Due to the horrendous east coast traffic, we didn't arrive until almost midnight completely exhausted. The manager on duty at the front desk was friendly and accommodating. She made out check-in a smooth and easy process. She brought extra towels to our room to make sure we had enough for our extra tired party of 4 guests.

During breakfast as I observed her walk over to children who were near the television and offer to change the channel from CNN to Nicolodean! Now that is observant, considerate and exceptional customer service.

The room did not disappoint and was clearly up to my high expecations of the Marriott brand.

Other reviews mentioned highway noise but the we did not hear anything either inside or outside the hotel as we slept soundly on very comfortable beds.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 125...was perfect...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We spent one night here just so that we could spend the day at Hershey Park which is 20 minutes away. This place was a great find for the price, as staying in Harrisburg or Hershey was much more pricey. The hotel is located right off of I-83, which can definitely be noisy at night as others have mentioned, but we specifically requested a room at the front of the hotel farthest away from the highway. We could just barely hear any traffic.

From the moment we checked in, the staff were very friendly and helpful. All of the staff I encountered both at night and in the morning for breakfast/checkout were all great. We stayed in a King Size Suite on the 3rd floor, the room was amazingly clean and looked brand new. I couldn't find a single problem with the room, it had all the amenities we needed for the night. In the morning we got the continental breakfast offered downstairs in the lobby, it had all the food items that you could ever want. This place was a really good value.

All in all, a great stay and definitely would come here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room near the front of the hotel, to have a more quiet night. It's farthest from the hi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here with my wife on Friday May 10 after a long drive for a vacation in Washington DC the next day. The hotel was very clean, modern in style and our 3rd floor suite was attractive. It had 2 flatscreen TV's, a comfortable king bed and the bathroom was large, bright with an excellent showerhead spray. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. Breakfast coffee was good but we had a full breakfast at one of the diners down the street so we can't comment on the hotel's complimentary breakfast. We paid $149 plus tax for the suite which was located at the front of the hotel. This Fairfield Inn is located just off the I-83N in a convenient hotel "neighbourhood" BUT although our room was protected from highway noise, I wouldn't want a room facing the highway. The truck traffic on both the I-81 and I-83 is really heavy. There are several diners nearby serving comfort food at very reasonable prices. There's a Sunoco a block BEFORE Beacon Hill Blvd. DON' T turn here or you'll be on the on ramp for the I-83N.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway. Pay the extra cost for a suite if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
York, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staff was very nice. They also stopped conversations between staff upon immediate site of a guest. The lobby is clean and well maintained. There is coffee in the lobby 24 hours per day. Basic free continental breakfast with Jimmy Dean sandwiches. They kept the area clean and well stocked. The chairs at the breakfast tables sat low and sat even lower once you sat in them leaving me to feel I wish I had a booster seat. The room had a microwave, coffee, small refrigerator, shampoo and two commodities: conditioner and lotion. The room had good lighting along with the usual iron, board, luggage rack and flat screen TV. The room was temperature controlled. I would be remiss not to mention the reason for the lower than perfect score. I do not believe the hotel should be punished for an employee's negligence, but I must report my stay accurately. In all honesty, I split the difference with the scoring as this particular issue is a major issue in my eyes, which ultimately affected how I felt during the course of my time there. Upon arrival, everything was clean except the bathroom in our room. There was urine and hair on the toilet seat. Upon taking a shower, I noticed all the hair that came from a head on the shower curtain, wall and floor. These very big cleaning oversights made me question what I was touching in the rest of the room even though the room appeared clean. But, that's the part that I struggled with in scoring this review. This was sloppy work by housekeeping that may have been a one-time issue, because the rest of the hotel was fantastic, clean, well maintained and the staff was incredibly nice.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West/ New Cumberland? Share your experiences!