“Complete turnaround” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
pittsburgh
“Complete turnaround”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As you can read from my previous review for this property a few years ago, i was certainly not pleased with the place and am usually very understanding and easy to please. I am glad i gave the place another try. They really chose a stylish new look that looks great. They are still renovating, but dont look too far from completion. The room was very clean as well with great water pressure in the shower. They are taking a while to renovate, but they did some serious work. For instance, the first and second floors used to have exterior corridors, but they actually pushed the rooms out to the former hallways and made the space between the front and rear rooms a new interior corridor! That is some work. I hope the incvestment works out for them.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was in New Cumberland for a job close to there and stayed for 4 days. I enjoyed the room and the atmosphere. The breakfast was excellent and everyone right down to the other guests were very friendly. So if other guests are friendly well obviously they are happy with the hotel also. I also can say that the 3rd shift front desk clerk (Tyne) was very friendly and knew the area well. I could ask her for directions and she would have them printed out. They definitely have to multitask at the front desk working together to get the breakfast ready she did a great job. The rooms and the hotel were freshly renovated with new features still coming. I needed to do laundry and was out of luck at that moment because they were working on getting that option available. I will be there again and know that they will have this available the next time I stay. I will see you all soon. and thanks, again! Herb Stacey Arlington, TX

Room Tip: Any room you have there is well kept and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We value your feed back as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction and in your case we have done so. Thank you for taking the time to recognized our hard working staff and the renovations that are taking place. Being a limited service property our employees are crossed trained to do multiple task to ensure that we provide superior service. We look forward to seeing on your next business adventure in the New Cumberland area.

Kind regards,
Christine Dunn
Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Heather m. Is the greatest! She went above and beyond anything that we would ever expect to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Its people like her that make establishments like this tick. Thanks, heather.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel was under construction when group arrived. Although the general manager, Christine, was doing her best, I would have waited until the hotel was done before staying at the hotel. Front office personnel, Kelly, was super great with the group and assisted them as best she could. Breakfast area too small to accommodate group of 40. Location was okay. I would like to see it again once construction is complete.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Belmont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotels at Hershey Park are very expensive. This hotel is about 30 mins from the park and is right off the highway. It was clean and quiet. Our group had 4 rooms and they were all clean- no mold or other issues that other reviewers mentioned. The staff was great, especially Heather, who checked us in. The breakfast was good with both hot and cold selections. Pool is outside and was a little cold in the evening since the sun was not shinning on it anymore. Overall it was a nice place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fallentimber, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had to stay at the Comfort Inn for business from the middle of May 2013 to the middle of Aug. 2013. At the time they were going through extensive renovations, that said they made my stay more than comfortable and made sure that if had any issues that they were dealt with PROMPTLY. Read some of the reviews posted here and of the negative ones all I can say is if they would have approached the staff they would have taken care off them.
If I am ever in the Harrisburg area again I will look up the Comfort Inn at New Cumberland for my accommodations

F.Heverly FCI.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Copiague, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a reservation at the Harrisburg West Inn - could not find the place - no sign on the road. Pulled in to the Comfort Inn where the GPS was telling us to go for the Harrisburg West Inn - drove up a dark driveway past Comfort Inn, past a Rodeway (which looked pretty scary), and then saw a sign for steak house, but no West Inn - circled around the building, could not find the entrance or anyone there. I had two teenagers with me, and they were scared to death to stay at this place which looked dark and creepy, and I didn't want to stay there either.

We drove back down to the Comfort Inn at the bottom of the hill and asked where this West Inn was - Emily (the Comfort Inn front desk employee) directed us back to the scary dark building where there was no one in the lobby. I asked her what the price of a room was at the Comfort Inn, and she told me the price, which I couldn't afford. It was very late (after 1:00 a.m.), and she asked what I was willing to spend. I gave her an amount - she asked me to wait a few minutes - came back out and said they could meet the price I was willing to pay.

She was a LIFESAVER! The hotel was clean, comfortable and very quiet. There are renovations going on - but we stayed in a part of the hotel that seems like it's finished. Only problem was, the vending machines were not working, but there was an all night gas station with a food mart across the street. We were visiting Hershey Park, and even though we hadn't intended to stay in PA for two nights, this hotel was so nice and accommodating (even gave us a late check out at 1 p.m. for no extra cost), we stayed for 2 nights. They have a complimentary breakfast, free Wifi - great air conditioning and comfortable beds.

Again, I have to compliment Emily on her kindness and for taking such great care of myself, my daughter and her friend. Next time I go to Hershey, this is where I will stay. It's only about a 15 minute drive to the park, and a LOT cheaper than staying somewhere in Hershey, PA. Thanks, Emily!

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you're visiting Hershey Park!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. It is not often that we hear the kind words of a guest stay. Thank you on your kind words and apprication of our staff. We hope that you enjoyed your time at Hershey, PA and look forward to seeing you when you are in the area again.

Kind regards,
Christine Dunn
Comfort Inn- New Cumberland, PA
Manager

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!